Buffy the Vampire Slayer Do you think...

BuffySummers17 posted on Sep 24, 2007 at 04:19PM
Do you think Cordelia shhould have died in Angel? Why?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Joker said…
Well as Charisma Carpenter had moved on they couldn't really keep her alive. Cordy was too important to just leave in a coma. Plus 'You're Welcome' is a great episode.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago amazondebs said…
Yeah i loved the whole cordy/angel relationship but it as clear that it couldn't have gone anywhere and i absolutely love their moment in "your welcome" god i cried so much
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
No, I don't think she should have died. Actually, CC got pregnant and needed some time off, but wanted to come back. Joss killed her because he said he couldn't think of anything else to do with the character as she had already done everything. I hated the way the whole her coming back and giving birth to Jasmine storyline went. It was my least favorite arc of the entire 5 seasons. She could have stuck around, or maybe having been an enlightened being, moved on to do good elsewhere in the world.
over a year ago xElvenPiratex said…
I know! Cordelia deserved so much better than they gave her! The Jasmine storyline was a complete mess. It's the first time I ever asked myself "What the heck was Joss thinking?".
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Personally I'm not a fan of the Jasmine storyline but Your Welcome is one of my favorite episodes so while I didn't want her to die I think it was perfectly done
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Exactly ElvenPirate. I think that maybe he was just spreading himself too thin at the time. That was the year where he was dealing the final season of Buffy, Firefly, and Angel. Notice how Angel season 5 rocked the most? That's because it was all Joss was really doing that year, and he had the most control, lol.
over a year ago xElvenPiratex said…
Wow, you're right Nosemuffin. I never thought of how crazy busy he must have been around that time. I didn't get into Firefly until after it ended, so I didn't realize he was doing all those projects at once!

And I agree with you, ArabellaElfie. Your Welcome was a great episode! So perfectly bittersweet
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago nataliejade said…
Cordelia was my favourite character from both BtVS and Angel.
As much as i loved her, I do love Your Welcome and the whole episode wouldn't of been the same without her dying. Plus i loved how she was shown as a True Hero in her last episode.