Buffy the Vampire Slayer Love/Hate

nosemuffin posted on Jul 15, 2008 at 12:36AM
Are there any episodes of Buffy that you love and hate at the same time? Maybe you love one storyline and absolutely can't stand another. Or maybe you love and hate one particular aspect of an episode at the same time. What are these episodes and what makes you feel so torn about them?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
The first episode that comes to mind for me is 'Wrecked'. It has such great Spuffy stuff, but the Willow storyline is just awful and over the top.

Also, 'Seeing Red', but for a completely different reason. Like Debs said, it's really hard to watch, you don't like what's happening, it's like a car wreck. But it's just so well done.

Another is 'The Prom'. I hate the first half of it.. nothing happens. It's all whiny, tear-filled Bangel saga. The villain isn't introduced until over halfway through, and then he's dealt with in like 5 minutes. But I do love the end. The "Class Protector Award" part usually makes me cry a little. And then to make it worse, Angel shows up to give Buffy a very bittersweet last dance.

And then there's 'Real Me'. I love the Harmony storyline, but the Dawn stuff is just annoying.
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
I just want to bring up All the Way. I like Dawn, I really, really do but put against the engagment, the "rough and Tumble" and the entire "rebel" bit I'm just not into Dawn with her teenage Angel.

Completely with you on Wrecked.

Can I just say the half of season seven involving Kennedy and the potentials?
over a year ago amazondebs said…
hmmm okay yes seeing red is definitely up there same with hells bells, there's some really good joke and writing and it's nice to get away from the arch for a bit but urgh, i hate xander so much!

same with ted i love the whole robot thing and i love the gang on drugs and i love the shockingness of buffy killing him but then once she find oh he was a robot she doesn't deal she seem to just..."oh i killed someone i thought was a someone doesn't matter now, turned out alright" it seems a easy ending for me

hmmm oh one more that really tears me is helpless on the one hand i simply refused to believe giles would do that when i first saw it, it was horrible, on the other it is a good storyline and the first time i thought "buffy might die" also the character zach is brilliant

so i hate the giles thing, love the storyline and as much as i think the ending is a touching scene between giles and buffy i always felt like i wanted a little more from him
over a year ago jackiehyde4eva said…
ok for me theres the killer in me. i like the spuffy interaction and the thing with giles about being the first but (and im not exactly sure why) the whole willow/kennedy/warren thing annoyed me a lot i mean i know it was kinda meaningful but what she turns into warren because she feels bad about letting tara go from her heart after kissing kennedy and then her and kennedy kiss again and everythings dandy it just seemed a little off to me but hey i could be wrong
over a year ago NikaDawson said…
Hmmm, Lies My Parents Told Me. I love, love the Spike parts of it, but Giles conspiring with Wood to kill Spike, and Buffy's relationship with Giles breaking always get's to me.

Wrecked, love the Spuffy parts, hate the Willow parts.