Buffy the Vampire Slayer My Buffy RPG

nosemuffin posted on Jun 09, 2008 at 01:03PM
Hello everyone. So lately I've been spending a lot less of my free time on Fanpop.. and a lot more of it writing out plots and characters for the Buffy Role Playing Game that I'll be running soon.

I've been thinking and reading about ways to make it play cinematically, and I've decided to use cut scenes, which are scenes that the viewer sees, but the heroes won't always be able to. Thanks to Debs' brilliant idea about using UberVamps as a Big Bad, I've written them into my first season.

The problem is, I really don't have anyone to bounce these ideas off of. The friends I have that would know what the hell I'm talking about are going to be playing.. and the ones that won't-well-they won't. So I'm going to type out a cut scene here involving my ubervamps in hopes that you guys will hit me up with some opinions. The reading may be rough for a couple of reasons. The first is that I've never really written in this style before. The second is that I wanted to kind of add some humor to my Big Bad, so it may be a little absurd. Please let me know what you think! Thanks guys. :D

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Pan in on a large, dark room. As you see further into the room, you spy the back of a navy blue Lay Z Boy chair with a figure sitting up in, obfuscated from view. The figure is watching CNN on a giant plasma screen TV.
(The news clips he's watching will factor into other aspects of my story)

From behind the figure in the chair, another presence steps up. He clears his throat.
"Ahem", he says in a scratchy voice. "It's time."

Then... a strong yet decrepit, claw-like hand reaches over an arm of the chair and grabs a goblet from the side table. It appears to be filled with dark red liquid. He brings into the shadows and takes a drink.

His other gnarled hand rises from the chair, holding a remote control, and shuts off the TV.

The figure sighs and places his hands on either side of the chair to heave himself off of it.

"Goddamnit!" his yell is followed by a dull thud. He bends over, butt up in the air. He's wearing a burgundy velvet robe. It would seem that the thud was the chair as he knocked it over while exiting.

Suddenly-you are seeing the oriental rug beneath his leather slippers- as though you're seeing them out of his eyes. You follow what he is seeing as he makes his way down a dark, dank corridor.

Your ears are flooded with the sounds of classical music as he makes his way to a round mahogany table and takes a seat.

He looks around the table.

Four UberVamps stare back at him, one of them puffing on a cigar.

One of them rises, wearing a dirty tuxedo with faint blood stains down the front.

He speaks, "Gentlemen".

He makes his way to a large dry erase board with lots of scribblings on it. He starts pointing all over the board as he continues.

"We survived the annihilation of Sunnydale"
[Pause for dramatic effect]
"We've broken free of our oppressor. And now" [Another pause] "We have relocated."
[Yet another pause]
"We've grown! We've evolved! We've discovered Frasier Crane and Masterpiece Theater!!!
Now it's time to- TAKE-SIN-CITY!"

And all the UberVamps politely applaud.

over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
I am completely in love with the Doctor Claw image I get in the beginning and it's an interesting spin on the Ubervamps. It's just an idea but it could be somewhat cute to have the Frasier Crane vibe run throughout the story - perhaps they have a hellhound pet or maybe a human they keep as a sort of slave and they call him Eddie?

I also want to say that using contrast is a great idea. I'm getting a Master vibe and combining the raw and violent nature of the Ubervamps with a touch of class if perfect.

I might add that ..."there is a cask which had at one point been filled with a wonderful vintage, now filled with the congealing blood of innocents sat beside his goblet now half empty. He swirled it around and took a swig coughing as a clup lodged in his mighty throat. Quickly pounding his chest he head something crack and began to gently prod at the injury until he heard a minion approach. Careful to hide any injury to the obviously lesser vampire he puffed out his chest and looked pointly at the fledlilng" I don't know if it matches but it sort of came to me.

I like it thus far
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Thanks for the feedback Arabella.

Love your ideas by the way. I have to write in a bit about smelling blood like someone would wine. And a pet named Eddie, brilliant!
over a year ago amazondebs said…
i love the little eddie idea, will be a nice reference for those that used to watch

i love the set up as well, the only feeback i would give though is staying away from making them ungraceful, funny yes but i wouldn't really use stuff like "butt in the air" if you want to make them be a real threat when the time comes to it

i am gettin a master vibe like arabella but with them sat down in a basement/lair and the sort of wacky style and reference i am also getting a light trio vibe from it too
last edited over a year ago