Buffy the Vampire Slayer Favorite and Least Favorite Episodes

NikaDawson posted on Mar 25, 2008 at 06:53PM
What are your favorite and least favorite episodes? (BTW: I don't know if it could, but I wouldn't put it past us shippers, please don't turn this into a Spuffy vs. Bangel fight, lol.)

Favorites:
Season One: Nightmares
Season Two: School Hard, Surprise, Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered, Passion, Becoming Part Two
Season Three: Band Candy, Lover's Walk, Enemies
Season Four: Harsh Light of Day, Pangs, Something Blue, and Hush.
Season Five: Fool For Love, Blood Ties, Crush, The Body, Intervention, Tough Love, The Gift.
Season Six: Afterlife, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Wrecked, Gone, and Older and Far Away.
Season Seven: Beneath You, Never Leave Me, First Date, Lies My Parents Told Me, and Touched.

Least Favorites:
Season One: Teacher's Pet, Never Kill a Boy On the First Date, The Puppet Show, Out of Mind Out of Sight.
Season Two: When She Was Bad, Reptile Boy, Ted, Bad Eggs, I Only Have Eyes For You, Go Fish.
Season Three: Anne, Amends, Earshot.
Season Four: The Freshman, Fear Itself, Beer Bad, Superstar.
Season Five: Buffy vs. Dracula, Listening to Fear, I Was Made To Love You.
Season Six: Hell's Bells, Normal Again, Entropy, Seeing Red.
Season Seven: Him, Conversations with Dead People, Bring on the Night, Potential, Get It Done.
last edited on Jun 02, 2008 at 12:10AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago x-missmckena-x said…
favorites:
season 1 - angel, nightmares, out of mind out of sight, prophecy girl
season 2 - both whats my line, passion, i only have eyes for you, halloween, both becomings
season 3 - homecoming, the wish, amends, helpless, dopplegangland, earshot, both graduation days
season 4 - hash light of day, fear itself, pangs, hush, this years girl, who are you, the yolo factor
season 5 - fool for love, the body, forever, spiral , the gift
season 6 - omwf, tabula rasa, gone (its just so funny), entrophy
season 7 - him, storyteller, lies my parents told me, end of days, chosen

least favorites:
season 1 - i robot you jane, the pack
season 2 - phases, go fish, some assembly required
season 3 - dead mans party, lovers walk (because of the willow xander oz cordy part i actually like spikes visit), choices
season 4 - beer bad, wild at heart, superstar, where the wild thigns are, preimevil, restless
season 5 - listening to fear, checkpoint, i was made to love you, tough love, blood ties, the weight of the world
season 6 - both bargainings, smashed, wrecked, hells bells, seeing red, vilians, two to go, grave
season 7 - beneath you, potential, the killer in me, get it done, empty places

god that took ages trying to rememeber everything! and im so tired! lol!
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Favorites

Season 1 - The Puppet Show, Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Season 2 - School Hard, Innocence, Becoming Part 2

Season 3 - Band Candy, Lover's Walk, The Wish, The Zeppo, Doppelgangland, Earshot, The Prom, Graduation Day 1 and 2

Season 4 - Fear Itself, Pangs, Something Blue, Who are You?, Restless

Season 5 - Fool for Love, Triangle, Crush, Intervention, The Gift

Season 6 - After Life, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Gone, Entropy, Grave

Season 7 - Um, most of them. Beneath You, Selfless, Conversations with Dead People, Potential, Lies my Parents told me, End of Days, Chosen

Least Favorites

Season 1- Teachers Pet, I Robot You Jane

Season 2 - Reptile Boy, Bad Eggs, I Only Have Eyes for You

Season 3 - Anne, Beauty and the Beasts, Revelations

Season 4 - The Freshman, Wild at Heart, Where the Wild Things Are, New Moon Rising

Season 5 - Buffy vs. Dracula, Real Me, Shadow, Listening to Fear, Into the Woods, Blood Ties, I was Made to Love You, Forever

Season 6 - Hell's Bells, Normal Again

Season 7 - Dirty Girls
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago NikaDawson said…
I did one on the Angel forum to.
over a year ago i_luv_spike said…
Favorites
Season 1 - Angel, Nightmares
Season 2 - School Hard, halloween, What's my line part 2, Ted, Bewitched, bothered and Bewildered, Becoming Part 2
Season 3 - Band Candy, Lover's Walk, The Wish.
Season 4 - Fear Itself, Pangs, Something Blue, A new man, Restless
Season 5 - out of my mind, Fool for Love, Triangle, Crush, Intervention, Spiral, The Gift
Season 6 - After Life, OMWF, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Gone, Older and far away, Grave
Season 7 - Beneath You, Conversations with Dead People, Potential, Lies my Parents told me, touched, End of Days, Chosen

Least Favorites
Season 1- Teachers Pet, The Puppet Show
Season 2 - Inca Mummy Girl, Reptile Boy, Bad Eggs, I Only Have Eyes for You, Go Fish
Season 3 - Anne
Season 4 - The Freshman, Beer Bad, The yoko Factory
Season 5 - Tough Love
Season 6 - As You Were, Hell's Bells, Seeing Red
Season 7 - Lessons, Selfless, Him.
over a year ago Joker said…
Favourites:

Season 1: Witch, Angel, The Puppet Show, Prophecy Girl.

Season 2: (Most of it but...) School Hard, What's My Line part 1 & 2, Surprise, Innocence, Passion, I Only Have Eyes For You, Becoming parts 1 & 2.

Season 3: (Again most of it but...) Faith, Hope and Trick, Lover's Walk, Amends, Bad Girls, Choices, The Prom, Graduation parts 1 & 2.

Season 4: The Harsh Light Of Day, Wild At Heart, Pangs, Hush, This Years Girl, Who Are You, The Yoko Factor, Primeval.

Season 5: Fool For Love, The Body, Spiral.

Season 6: Once More With Feeling, Normal Again.

Season 7: Help, Selfless, Get It Done, Dirty Girls, End Of Days, Chosen.

Least Favourite:

Season 1: I, Robot - You Jane

Season 2: Inca Mummy Girl, Ted.

Season 3: Dead Man's Party.

Season 4: Living Conditions, Beer Bad, Doomed, Where The Wild Things Are.

Season 5: (Most of it but...) Real Me, Shadow, Listening To Fear, Blood Ties, Crush, I Was Made To Love You, The Weight Of The World.

Season 6 (Again most of it but...) Bargaining parts 1 & 2, After Life, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Wrecked, Doublemeat Palace, Dead Things, Older And Far Away, Grave.

Season 7: Beneath You, Same Time Same Place, Touched.
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Ok, this could lead to the death of many virtual pieces of paper so I'm going to try to limit myself to two favorites and two least favorites per season. This could be very hard but let's give it a shot;

Favorites:

Season One:
The Pack, and Prophecy Girl (Also love Nightmares. I guess I might break my little rule). I think the Pack was a great way for the show to turn darker and the acting in Prophecy Girl was outstanding. SMG nails her speech and Alyson is heartbreaking in the whole 'world' scene.

Season Two:
This is an amazing season (and shipping aside) produces some of the best episodes the show has ever had. That said; goodbye self-imposed rules. School Hard because of character introductions. Not just Spike, but we have Dru, the death of the annoying one, and the first vamp besides the Master and Angel with real personality. Halloween is a favorite filler of mine so I need to mention that one. Let's see, Lie to Me is brilliant plot wise. Ford was a complex character and the greying of characters here is, one again, ace. I think we have the first fortay into questioning what can make a good person go bad in this episode. You feel for Ford but you know he has to be stopped. Also, who can forget Angel critizing the 'vamp' dress. I feel the need to mention Suprise/Innocence but I am skipping over that and jumping to Passion. Wow, David can act! And Giles armed with a bat! Don't know what else to say in regards to this gem. Finally Becoming I and II, I still cry every time. I still get angry at Xander and I still smirk when Spike arrives to make a deal with Buffy. The slow motion of the running, the final battle and the music all work perfectly.

Season Three:
I'm looking at a episode list and once again, too many good ones! Have to go with Lovers Walk which always comes to mind as a favorite. Spike, Buffy, and Angel on screen together spark and play well off one another. Need to say Helpless strictly for ASH and
Enemies because of the Angel/Angelus scenes especially against the Mayor. Graduation Day I and II go without saying.

Season Four:
Pangs and Something Blue for dialogue. Anya explaining Thanksgiving and the "You made a Bear!" rank up there for me. Also, Angel is back! Something Blue is just neat. I can't praise that one enough and it makes sense because we have Willow in such pain. Perfect. I have to add This Year's Girl and Who are You, Eliza is amazing and the way it impacts her character is perfection. Sarah does a great job (as usual) again. Where were the emmys?

Season Five:
Family always rings true to me and hits one of the show's mission statemates perfectly. Family is what you make of it. The ending scene in the Magic Box is a wonder encapulation of the theme. Fool For Love, do I need to say more? Maybe choo-choo? Checkpoint is one I rewatch alot, I think I might like the council in that weird 'I hate you!' way. The interviews are great. Since my rules have long since dissapeared how about Intervention? I know we are staying away from shipping but I need to add this one and I will stop there. The Gift is also a favorite and a grand way to leave the WB.

Season Six:
Due to the shippyness of this season I'm just going to list the episodes; Life Serial, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Gone and for some reason I really like Hell's Bells. I cry, but it's a good cry :)

Season Seven:
Same Time, Same Place gave up a really great demon and posable Dawn! Conversations with Dead People is just great. I feel like I'm running out of ways to say this, but it rocked. Showtime was the first (that I remember) time they intercutted a speech into a different scene and I loved it. It wasn't the fight, just the conversation with Buffy, Willow and Xander that I will always remember. Potential had a really good Xander speech and Storyteller were fun but for the remainder of my favorites I offer up Lies my Parents Told Me, Touched, and Chosen. Lies my Parents Told Me because I'm a sucker for flashbacks, Chosen because, well, it's Chosen! and Touched for pure shippy goodness and the Spike/Faith fight.

Now onto dislikes (or just not as well liked becuase I sort of refuse to say I hate a Buffy episode)

Least Favorites

Season One:
Teacher's Pet and I, Robot - You Jane. Both I felt were vailant efforts to give Willow and Xander their "own" episodes but neither worked for me.

Season Two:
Inca Mummy Girl just bored me and Go Fish didn't work for me except for the Cordy stuff. Ted is only saved because it sort of hits at Faith stuff later on.

Season Three:
Actually, I'm having trouble picking a bad one here but I will say that Anne (except for the wonderful work the stunt people did on the fight) isn't a real favorite, and Beauty and the Beasts isn't a high note

Season Four:
Limiting myself here but I didn't like Beer Bad and I steer clear of Where the Wild things are. Not going to go into the rest here, it could take a long time.

Season Five:
I'm just going to say Listening to Fear, this might be one of my favorite seasons.

Season Six:
Doublemeat Palace, Seeing Red and As You Were. Overall I think some of the episodes were weak but had great redeeming scenes, All the Way for example - hated the Dawn stuff but loved everything with everyone else.

Season Seven:
Lessons (except for the bit with the first evil at the end) and First Date never really hit me as a rewatch right away sort of selection. Sort of the same feeling as season six, some episodes fall flat except for a scene or two which is fantastic. Oh, also didn't really like Help.

Apparently I can't follow self imposed rules so from now on I won't even try. Sorry if everything is sort of fragmented but I was writing stream of conscious. Sort of fun comparing to people I know to be of other ships, you can see a big difference on the seasons.