Buffy the Vampire Slayer Buffy hangman

amazondebs posted on Mar 19, 2008 at 12:22AM
i've seen this on a couple of other forums and thought it might be fun to do on buffy

How to play
unfortunately we can not do, proper hangman as we can not drawn the actual hangman, so it's sort of more like guess the word or phrase

1. someone starts a round by thinking of a word or phrase it has to be something related to buffy though, it can be anything from a episode name, to a quote, a character name, to a item or relic (e.g. urn of osirus). The person writes out this word or phrase in a hidden form. You use _ to represent letters and / to represent spaces in between words so buffy the vampire slayer would be

_ _ _ _ _/_ _ _/_ _ _ _ _ _ _/_ _ _ _ _ _

2. Other players then guess letters e.g.

E

3. the person that started the round then fills in the blanks that contains the letter or letters that have been guessed e.g.

_ _ _ _ _/_ _ E/_ _ _ _ _ _ E/_ _ _ _ E _

the person who started the round must also keep score of what has been guessed e.g.

_ _ _ _ _/_ _ E/_ _ _ _ _ _ E/_ _ _ _ E _

letters guessed= E,

4. Once you think you have figured out the word or phrase you can guess what it is, anyone can guess at any time

5. If you have guessed it correctly you can start your own round or pass and the next person on the forum can start a new round and it all starts again

rules
1. Once you have started a round with your word or phrase, you must finish it, if you decide you don't want to play anymore, leave the answer or just say something so someone else can start a new round and the game is not left hanging

2. you can only guess one letter or phrase at a time

3. no more than 4 people may guess at a time, to allow the person who started the round to come back and fill in the letters

4. The word of phrase must be spelt correctly and be within buffy and can not be anything that is just about buffy or offensive to other fans so 'spuffy is rubbish' or 'buffy has seven seasons' would be no nos.
Also make sure you use something from buffy the vampire slayer, the TV program as not everyone watches angel or reads the comics. If your stuck for something and can't think of anything try looking on the link , the link or the link

5. you must wait for confirmation that your guess is correct before starting a new round

If you don't understand anything or want to change any of the rules, do just say
make your round as hard or as easy as you want it to be and everybody have fun!
last edited on Mar 19, 2008 at 10:29AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 518 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 518

over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Once again sticking with vowel theory

a?
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
A indeed!

_ _ _e/ _a_ _ / _ _e_ / _ _ _ /a_e/a/_e_e_

Letters guessed: E,A
over a year ago amazondebs said…
s
i?

Does anybody else get the "please write more" warning?
lol yeah arabella you can ignore it though by just putting spaces if you don't actually want to write more :F
Sorry no S. Sorry no I.

_ _ _e/ _a_ _ / _ _e_ / _ _ _ /a_e/a/_e_e_

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I
Thanks Debs, that question was in part to fill my writing quota. I guess I never get that warning because I can always prattle on for a good paragrah, like this ;F

Oh, you used the Fang! *dance of fanpoppian joy*, sorry, little excited.

I shall abandon the vowel theory because I've got a theory that might solve one of the words,

R?
lol was you thinking r?

hmmmm B as in b for buffster lol don't ask :F
Yay, there is an R! Well, 2 actually.

_ _ _e/ _a_ _ / _ _e_ / _ _ _ /are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R
I know that I should guess o, it's next in progression but I've feeling all rebelly tonight so....

T as in Trio

We can do Buffy ABC this way!

Yup, I was going with a_e so I went with r but now I am the proverbial dark (it's 11 pm here so it's not really proverbial...)
last edited over a year ago
No T's! How's the weather there Katy? It's muggy here today, but it's starting to cool down a bit.

_ _ _e/ _a_ _ / _ _e_ / _ _ _ /are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T
Argh! See what happens when I leave the vowel trail? I guess I should go with

o?

I spent the day at Wolfram and Hart but it was nice, high 70s, sunny, all that happy weatherness. Personally I kind of want some rain, I like the sound of it on the roof and I'm just a little bit weird. It hasn't rained here, really rained in a while so I want a downpour.
erm well *ahem* b...lol

and i think there is a a-z of buffy forum, somewhere made by mkena

it's rainy over here! yay....god i am so like giles lol, i hate the sun....i probably should get some color cause i really look like a vampire groupie, maybe i should change my name to mushroom
No sun! And you are a vampire groupie by the way, as am I. Pale becomes us. I think I remember seeing that forum, I'll have to hop on later and see if I can add something, a character name, a place, a demon, or just so useless chatter.
We had the coolest storm here one night last week. Thunder and lightning and pouring down rain, but it was in the 80s.

And you both win. Os and Bs for everyone!

_o_e/ba_ _ / _ _e_ / _o_ /are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B
hmmmmmm f?

lol i realise i am a vampire groupie but i do wish to look alive lol and not like a unfed vampire :F
and yup no sun! we've had sun this past week, it's been too hot to wear tweed and i've been squinting all the top, not a happy bunny
I really want rain, I just checked weatherchannel.com and it looks like stupid sun tomorrow :(

I think this letter will fit so I'm going with a

v?
No to both F and V : /... I almost made wonky boobs.

_o_e/ba_ _ / _ _e_ / _o_ /are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V
Tweed is a must! You must wear tweed as a sign of Giles respect. I really thought that the last word have to have an f. Ok, let's just go back to the plan that I can seem to follow;

u?
Yay, there's a U.

_o_e/ba_ _ / _ _e_ / _ou/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U
lol arabella i'm wearing tartan which is close enough, just a wee bit more scotish, but it is a very gilesy jacket...yes it's a man's jacket but i have a huge belt pulled around my waist, so very crvy an all

y?
Yes to Y!

_o_e/ba_ _ / _ _e_ /you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y
hmmm this ones tough.... you are a bever? lol

ermmm N?
LOL! Nope.
But yes to an N.

_o_e/ba_ _ / _ _en/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N

ermmm m?
Yes! =)

_ome/ba_ _ / _ _en/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M
hmmm i felel like i should know this lol

h?
Yes there is an H. Do you want a clue.. like what season it's from, or anything like that?

_ome/ba_ _ / _hen/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M,H
nope i'm good i must be having a blank moment

hmmm c?
Yay, 2 whole C's for you!

Come/bac_ / _hen/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M,H,C
I'm feeling all stupid but let's get that k out of the way....

k?

Oh, I knew you had Watcher Blood in you Debs!
Yay, another word has been completed with your K.

Come/back/ _hen/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M,H,C,K
yeah may sound geeky but i had a vampire and mythology obsession before buffy for example vampire in china traditionally have pink or green hair and when i drew a pink haired vampire clinging spider man like to a rooftop when i was 7 the teacher freaked lol my parents just thought it was amusing

okay i have been stuck about that last word for ages and ages so i'm goign to carry on the obvious and say w?
Yes, there's a W.

Come/back/when/you/are/a/_e_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M,H,C,K,W
I'm stuck the same way you are Debs, that last word! Hmmm....I've been staring at this so much that the last word, if you take off the r, looks lie a face e_e am I the only one who sees this?

How about L?

I never knew that about vamps! See, Spike dyed his hair radioactive blond as a tribute to the Slayer from the Boxer Rebellion (not pink or green but still of the glow in the dark bright variety) and then the duster is from Wood!
You should be able to crack this one now, here's your L.

Come/back/when/you/are/a/le_er

Letters guessed: E,A,S,I,R,T,O,B,F,V,U,Y,N,M,H,C,K,W,L
yup i'm full of useless vampire fact e.g. i have theory that joss made most of his vamps European because it has the most vampire stories and it is the most familar type of vampire thanks to hollywood...it is also probably the easiest to do some type are different animals or one is a prgenant woman with her entrails hanging out.... i think that's from somewhere in africa

okay i'm still drawing a blank...what the hell? lol ermmm can't even think of a word with the letters we have left lol
Hmmm.. this might help:

"Come back when you ARE a le_er!"
Come back when you are a leper?

Those facts aren't usless Debs! Those are the sort of things we should study, maths be damned
Woohoo! You got it. You know, Torg or Torq or something says it to Anya during season 7, because he's repulsed by her human form.

I always found it hilarious but clearly you guys did not, lol! =P
tru dat! vampirology should totally be a subject and a profession
Now that I see it I remember it and I can see the scene in my head but the only way I got that was through process of elimination.

Vampirology should be a subject! I want to be a Doctor of Vampirology and appear on the history channel discussing the importance of William the Bloody in relation to modern times and the developments of the Slayers. Oh, all of this is real by the way.

Hmmm, ok, gonna do an easy one I think. It's long but it's easy, I promise.

_/_ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _. / _ _ _ / _ _ _. /_ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _!

e?
Yes! We have two 'e's

_/_ _ / _ _ _ _ _ e. / _ _ _ / _ _ _. /_ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ e / _ _ _!

letters guessed: E

edited in an attempt to hide my error (did this edit note tip you off that I screwed up?)
erm well d then lol
Six 'd's, opps, Katie apparently is tired and will edit that so others will not see Katie's stupidity

_/d _ / d _ _ d _ e. / _ _ _ / _ _ _. /_ _ _ / d _ / d _ _ d _ e / _ _ _!

letters guessed: E, D

O?

and lol katie....no lol arabella, there are too many katies on here you, saul_mikoliunas, -xmissmkenax-, kateliness2...you get the picture so from now on your name is offically arabella lol
I see you've caught on to my dasterdly hard hangvamp, yes we have many o's

_/d o / d o o d _ e. / _ o _ / _ o o . /_ o _ / d o / d o o d _ e / _ o o!

letters guessed: E, D, O

There are alot of us. Well, offically (as in my papers) I'm a Katherine but go by Katie. Arabella it is!
oh i will never get this right...hang on

I do doodle you too you do doodle too?

no that's not right, dam it

erm okay t? lol jut cause i can't suss it
That's it! It's a Willow line I had stuck in my head. And I do doodle, do you doodle? It's sort of relaxing.