Buffy the Vampire Slayer Downloadable Buffy Videos and possible contest?

Cinders posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 06:56PM
Hey, I'm thinking of making a Buffy MV. Anyone know where I can get some clips? I have a few already. What I'm really looking for are season six and seven clips.

Also, if there are any others out there who like to make videos, would anyone be interested in a contest? There can be themes and everything!
last edited on Mar 14, 2008 at 07:00PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
That sounds really fun, but for now I have to decline. My computer needs to be reformatted before I can run Windows Video Maker. I could be a judge or theme-thinker-upper though.

Just curious... What program/s do you use to make videos with?
over a year ago Cinders said…
I use Windows Movie Maker for Vista. It's a little different then the WMM for XP.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
yeah i would love to, how would i get this movie making software that you speak of?
so long as the themes are not spuffy or bangel i'm in
LOL. Cool. Generally speaking, Windows Movie Maker comes included with PC, so you probably have the software and don't even know it (unless you have a Mac, they have a totally different software though, which I also think comes with the Mac).

In video contests I've done in the past, there have been a few categories: Character-centric videos, pairing videos, group videos, episode-centric videos, or fan-made trailers. Depending on interest, we can have any one or all of those.

Once I get a good site to get clips from, it'll be super simple to make the videos. CSI has some good sites, but I'm not familiar with any sites for Buffy. I asked a few folks on YouTube who have made videos where they got their clips, but I'm still waiting for them to reply.

EDIT: Found a site where you can maybe download episodes from season 1 and 2, but that's it. PLEASE only use this material for clip making. link
last edited over a year ago
well i already have them on dvd so i won't be using them for anything else, promise!

ha ha i have this windows movies maker, as if i didn't know i had it lol ooo a new toy for me to play with :)

if i may suggest a theme, i think a alter ego one would be good or a halloween one could be fairly amusing, of course i am going to make a spike one at some point now i have found this new toy but i get that not everyone would one to do that
over a year ago x-missmckena-x said…
were is it on your computer, ive never seen it! i would say id be in the contest but even if i could find the software id probably be bad at it! lol!
do a search for it, it'll be there missmckena.
UPDATE: So I found a possible source for clips. If you need clips, send me a message.
I was thinking a good theme might be "Hunger" (as in sustenance), but that might be a little too specific with limited clips.
hunger?
Yeah. Just imagine a video full of the cast eating. Giles comes to mind, lol. Could be food, could be blood. It sounds funny.
I like the Halloween theme. There's this brilliant song I could use from Jekyll and Hyde for a creepy Angel/Angelus vid.

That gives me another idea-- You can do a musical theater theme. Have a bunch of songs from musicals all set to Buffy. Like A Once More With Feeling Parody.

Maybe we should stick with Halloween.
i was thinking of doing a vamps feeding one but i need to get some clips first lol

and i like the musical idea, or using songs fro OMWF to put clips from, i think cell block tango would be quite funny "he had it coming" *dances way to another forum*
over a year ago scififan said…
This sounds like such a great idea! I don't know how to make movies, but I'd love to be a judge or something! And may I suggest an alternate universe category? Some of the best vids I've seen are alternate universe vids based on the buffy verse. Is this a def then? Are we really gonna do this? How do we let everyone know about it? Are we gonna have a deadline and a set of rules?
I have no problem organizing it. I think I'll sit the first round out as I can't find a source for clips. I'll start a new thread with rules and such.