Windwakerguy430 Postman RP

Windwakerguy430 posted on Aug 26, 2018 at 12:40AM
January 2nd 2068: A strange material is found in the Nevada desert. Nicknamed the Falling Star
January 3rd 2068: The Falling Star is taken by the government to get more information
March 4th 2068: A massive spark is sent into the sky, shutting off all of the electricity in the world. An event known as The Big Spark
March 14th 2068: An issued warning from the president to the world, of the end of the world. Chances of human survival are minimum
March 16th 2068: The entire world is left empty, as people remain in their homes to stay safe from what is going to occur
April 12th 2068: Nothing occurs. People begin to get sceptical and go outside
April 14th 2068: The world goes back to normal
April 16th 2068: The Day the Sun Died. The end of the world. Those that were inside did not experience the sudden disaster. Those that were outside disappeared from the mysterious catastrophe
April 17th 2068: The aftermath. The Day the Sun Died came and went, leaving its mark on the world. All current plant life died out, water that wasn’t perfectly contained turned to a black tar-like, undrinkable substance, major cities fell apart, such as Washington D.C., Moscow, and Tokyo, and the sun was now black and dim, as if in a constant eclipse. The start of the Age of Anarchy
April 18th 2068 to June 6th 2104. The Age of Anarchy. A time of murder and destruction. Raiders took over the world, and those that tried to fend for themselves were left at the mercy of multiply gangs. This age brought earth’s population down by 34%. It came to an end with the rise of the Iron Hammer Army.
June 6th 2104 to November 15th 2121. The Great Rebirth. Large towns with massive walls have been created with many cities, generators have been built in order to keep cities powered, and corporations have started to be rebuilt in order to bring back some forms of civilization to the world. But raider gangs and other such creatures are still a danger to the world.
You are a fellow citizen of Old York, a city that was once called New York, destroyed by the end of the world but rebuilt as the capital of the new world, a sign of rebirth. The insides of these walled cities are the safest places, despite the threat of drug addiction and overcrowding. But the outside is far more dangerous, filled with raiders, and worse, Abominations. But for supplies to be reached from city to city, that is where the Postmen come in. Being a Postman is a dangerous job, but the pay is perfect and is the best chance to meet new people, and in the end of the world, it never hurts to socialize with a new friendly face.

~Postman Guidebook~
(Fill up the Guidebook whenever new information is found out)

-Postmen
A group of travelling delivery men. They do whatever delivery they must, as long as the pay is good. Postmen don’t ask questions. They just do the job. In this job, your morales will be put to the ultimate test, assuming you can survive for that long

-Iron Hammer Army
The new military that was created by a group of righteous fighters during the Age of Anarchy, wanting to bring back a strong, but just army to help combat the raiders. All of their gear and weapons is either taken from the corpses of raiders, or given to them thanks to funding from big name corporations

-Liv-A-Little Corporation
The largest pharmaceutical company in the world, helping to make steroids that they sell to the Iron Hammer Army, and a new series of addictive painkillers known as LIV, capsules that come from an unknown origin. However, LIV hires Postmen to sell these drugs to raiders on the side

-LIV
An effective and highly addictive drug by Liv-A-Little Co. It is said to heal any agonizing pain over time, but has highly addictive properties. It can even lead to extremely violent tendencies. Other side effects are said to exist, but the cause of those are unknown. Most die or are arrested by Iron Hammer before the effects can be discovered

-Abominations
Horrifying creations that were believed to come from the end of the world. Most likely due to thirst driving them to drink the tar-like water, Abominations were once humans, but their bodies morphed into horrifying shapes and sizes. No two Abominations look the same. They are unpredictable. Some are incredibly violent and willing to kill on sight, while others are harmless and mean no harm. It all depends on how much of the water is consumed.

-Subspecies
Unlike the Abominations, Subspecies are something entirely different. They were any living being that was not human, but gained human intelligence. Trees now produced human faces and years of knowledge, animals are now different civilizations, and a race of sewer people exist underneath the streets of Old York. Though they are all different races, it is just easier to consider them Subspecies

-Raiders and Gangs
All have different behaviors, ideologies and ways sense of fashion, but they are all dangerous and ready to kill. Some are more hostile than others. Some are only willing to let people pass for a bribe, and others are just looking to kill for fun. If you spot one, run, or fight if you have the guts and the guns.

-Smacks and Change
The currency of the world, coming in the form of coins or paper dollars with birds on them, with numbers to show their worth. All old world currency is considered useless by any sane merchants

Character Description
-Name
-Race
-Occupation
-Bio

Windwakerguy430 156 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 156

over a year ago Canada24 said…
Hey. I'm here
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
(Hello. And welcome to the RP. Let us begin with some setting)

*Sitting on a train, moving across the town of Old York, a Postman, wearing a black track suit with a white streak across it, was sitting at the far end of the train, listening to the music he had on a tape player he found on one of his trips. The music played through the earphones he wore*

link

(Link because the video thing is utterly fucked!)
last edited over a year ago
Link didn't work :(
(Why am I not surprised. Just google Midge Ure The Man Who Sold the World :P)
over a year ago -Universe_COLA- said…
((Or for a lack of wanting to search, this.))
Windwakerguy430 commented…
How the fuck did you do it!? Also, hi COLA XD over a year ago
Of course I am. How in the fuck was I supposed to know that? over a year ago
-Universe_COLA- commented…
It's...common..knowledge? over a year ago
Haha.. You beat me to it :)
Yeah. It's a part-time thing, looking after Wind and some of his incapablities XD over a year ago
Well screw you too, COLA over a year ago
I mean, I have a screwdriver. I'm pretty sure I could do that myself, Wind. And with that, no, screw yourself. over a year ago
(Anyway, let's continue)

*The radio from the train called out as the song was nearing it's end*
Attention: We will be reaching the Old York gate in two minutes
*With that, the Postman stood up from his chair, putting the tape player into his coat pocket as he picked up a box with his arm. What was noticed was that his left arm was not in his sleeve, almost as if it were missing completely as he made his way to the train door, waiting to reach his destination*

Name: Bastard
Race: Human
Bio: Something
Bio: Something.... *Next Bio* Something else. over a year ago
First jokes, now characters too huh? What's next, ideas? over a year ago
(here's MY setting song)

Name: Frank Grimes (like the simpsons character)
Race: Human:
Bio: No idea
Another point for Gorillaz over a year ago
Damn. That's pretty good. And the perfect motivation for my character to meet yours :D over a year ago
Canada24 commented…
Yeah, I posted that one on my club over a year ago
*Bastard made his way off the train, heading out to the gate of Old York. He held up the package to the guards that sat atop the wall, showing his occupation. No words were needed. The gate opened up before him and Aiden made his way out, taking notice of the mechanic shop just outside the gate, the perfect place to get a vehicle for the trip across the wasteland*
Frank: Shit, screwed up again
*As Frank was working on a vehicle, there was a hard knock at the front door, as Bastard spoke behind the massive garage door*
Frank, let me in! I need a car!
Frank: Oh, it's you again. *opens door*
*Once the door opened, Bastard walked right passed him, already looking around for a proper vehicle to make some distance* What's your best working car right now, Frank?
Frank: Well I recentlu fixed up a BMW
*Bastard looked around for the vehicle as he turned to Frank* Is it armored? Is it powerful? Enough gas? All the usual shit?
Frank: Kinda sorta maybe. *BMW falls apart as soon as someone sits in the seat* over a year ago
Canada24 commented…
Frank is my guy XD over a year ago
Frank: I also have a noose tank
*Bastard waved his arm in a dismissive manner* Too slow. Need this delivery by sunrise tomorrow. Need to take my chances with something quick
Frank: I have a Turismo
(serch it up on GTA 4 wiki)
*Bastard looked over at the car, as he got into it without another word, looking at the interior as he sat in the drivers seat before he looked at Frank* And you're positive that this car has all the parts to it? The last car you gave me broke down before we got it out of the damn shop
Frank: Because you took it before I finished
*Bastard looked up from the wheel as he pointed at Frank with his one hand* That is besides the point. Is this car in perfect working condition?
Frank: Why don't you drive and find out
*Bastard gave a nod* Good idea *With that said, he put the car into drive, starting up the engine, and was already out the door, moving fast as he shouted from outside the car* Works great! *It wasn't too long before Bastard hard already made a huge distance between himself and Frank's shop*
Frank: ... Jerk
*Bastard drove down the road, the package sitting on the left side of the seat as he made his way down the dirt path, several collapsed buildings and burnt cars lining the streets as he was travelling toward one of the Iron Hammer outposts that were stationed around the country. One was said to be in the Manhattan Desert, a large wasteland that was once the Manhattan River where Subspecies lived in boats as houses. It was a long trip, but hopefully, a worthwhile one*
Frank continues his cars
*As Frank is continuing his cars, there is a loud banging outside his garage door. A more aggressive one*
Frank: (pulls out a revolver he has with him)
*Frank knows how to use it too.. He use to go to shooting ranges in his spare time, and he bought the gun, as he grew up in a dark neighbourhood*
*The knocking comes to an abrupt stop from outside, the presence of whoever was out there gone now*
Frank: I have a gun!
*No response*
*Frank puts it in his holster* Huh, must of left
*At that exact moment, the garage door was forced open, two large men having lifted ti up themselves as they made their way inside the garage. They were all dressed up in parts of cars, tires on their shoulders, and wheels tied to their chests. One of them wore a traffic cone over their head like a helmet, while another was carrying a stop sign as a weapon. And both of them were making their way toward Frank*
Frank (deadpan): Problem?
*The man with the traffic cone pointed at Frank, speaking in a low, gutteral tone*
Cars! Now!
Or naaaah over a year ago
Frank: How about the 50 bucks you owe me
*the man swings at him, but Frank dodges and headbutts him*
*Once Frank headbutts the man, he is completely fine, but Frank, headbutting a traffic cone, hurts himself a bit*
Frank: ... Oh yeah.. I have this (shoots the man in the leg)
*The man with the cone fell to the ground. In the midst of the fight, the other one swung the stop sign, striking Frank hard in the face*
Frank: (falls over) Shit!!
*The man with the cone held onto his leg as he looked up at the other man* Kill him! Kill this fucker right now!
*The other man gave a nod, raising his stop sign to slam it into Frank's head*
Frank: (grabs the gun and shoots him dead) Too slow!!
*The man, as he watched his partner fall to the ground, dead, took out a rubber banded pistol and started to shoot at Frank*
Frank: (shoots him two)
*The man falls back as he is shot, dead on the ground, allowing Frank to get a better look at their horrid attire*
Frank: I hate this fuckin place
*The two guys were part of a small gang known as Traffic Jam, all who wear car parts and use road equipment as weaponry. And they were patrolling the wasteland as one of the most dangerous gangs*

*Bastard was driving down the road, lighting a cigarette as he drove down the road at a fast pace*
So. What's he supposed to be delivering? The Turismo? over a year ago
It's in the box. And he's delivering goods. That's all you need to know, Mr. Watcher Man XD over a year ago
So then he's delivering some that aren't fully bird eggs? Kay over a year ago
Frank: *drives home on his dirtbike, listening to Life of Crime by Weirdo's)
(Feel free to add anyone else, Canada)

*Bastard continued to drive down the road, making his way towards the Manhattan area, even if at a slower than expected pace*