Unbelievable I apologize for my skepticism in advance

Cinders posted on Apr 09, 2008 at 08:44PM
Hi.

My name is Cinders. You may remember me as that bitch who told you that a link/image/video you posted was a fake. How do you do?

I just wanted to let you know that folks who believe in things are often played. This isn't just folks who believe in the strange and paranormal, but also the religious. People use those beliefs to their advantage, generally to con people for money or maybe just laughs. (Televangelists are experts at getting money from false claims). This is why I am often very skeptical of the strange and unusual. I fact check before I (personally) post my links to this spot. If it's awesome but false, I categorize it under "link." But if I find it's true, I categorize it under Unbelieveable. I am NOT asking you to do the same. Post any content you think is amazing whether you know it's true or not wherever the bloody blazes you want to post it. All I'm saying is that I'm your resident skeptic, and I will look at everything posted in here AND the Urban Legends spot with a skeptical eye.

This does not mean that I don't BELIEVE. On the contrary, I happen to believe very much, which is why I look for the fraudulent things. It just makes the true things all the more amazing.

If I commented on something you posted saying it isn't true, please don't take it to heart. It doesn't mean it's any less worthy of being shown. I just like to set the record straight sometimes. Although, on occasion, I feel as though I'm telling bright-eyed kids that there is no Santa Claus (for any bright-eyed children reading this, please note that I am NOT saying that-- if you believe in Santa then he's real. To you at least. Pay no heed to what the bullies at school tell you.) So if you'd rather not know of the truth or fiction of the content you post, tell me to stuff it and I will gladly not let you know if/when I fact check your content.

:o)

Unbelievable 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago deathnote said…
well, I guess that's true I mean who would believe some of the stuff in this spot but mostly that I aprishiate <--- did I spell that right?
it because it's nice to know what's really going on, I get your point!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago DoctorSpud said…
I understand your point Cinders. And no Deathnote, you didnt spell it right. It's appreciate.
over a year ago deathnote said…
Thanks XD!!!
English is not my native language
I appreciate it <--- HA!
last edited over a year ago