Twilight Series New Moon People's Choice Bullshit.

pirate-vampire posted on Jan 08, 2010 at 08:40AM
Are you kidding me?
Taylor Lautner wins a frakin Break-Out Actor award, after he's already won one at the MTV Movie Awards back in '09? Sure, they said many have won several Break-Out Actor/Actress awards, but c'mon. I bet they deserved it. Lautner, not so much.

Who was he against, you ask?
Chris Pine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sam Worthington, Zachary Quinto.
All brilliant actors, none having to take off their shirt to entice the audience, because their genius acting did all the work for them.

No offense anyone, but do you see how unfair this all is? Alright, I know it's "People's Choice" but right now, the "people" are real stupid. They wouldn't know talent if they had any!

Taylor portrayed the Jacob character as mediocre. So he buffed up to play the part, whoopdedoo, anyone could've done that. The scene in which he told Alice "You don't like it when I'm angry," seriously, I couldn't breathe because it was so ridiculous and I kept laughing.

Come on, people. Wake up and smell the fresh air. Yeah, I like Twilight, but Twilight is not an amazing movie; the books are great, but there are better. The fans are forgetting the real winners of the entertainment business.
Are you kidding me?
Taylor Lautner wins a frakin Break-Out Actor award, after he's already won one at

Twilight Series 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago rachaelwsz said…
I've actually already commented about Taylor winning the Break-Out Actor award in one of the videos...

To be honest, I thought the Break-Out Actor Award should have gone to Sam Worthington. 2009 was a great year for him, with movies like Terminator: Salvation and Avatar under his belt. Sam Worthington did brilliant in both the movies; especially 'saving' the Terminator movie from near disaster. I thought he outdid Christian Bale as well. I would say that his performance in Avatar was fantastic as well.

On the other hand, the only movie that was released in 2009 with Taylor Lautner in it was the New Moon movie. Well, I thought Taylor Lautner did portray Jacob well in the New Moon movie, in terms of acting and not in terms of physical appearance. Among the bunch of the Twilight actors and actresses, I would say that he was one of the best. I do admire his determination to 'buff up' for the movie. That required a lot of hard work.

However, I think that it's a tad unfair that he won that award with only the New Moon movie in his grasp. I think Taylor still has a lot to improve on with his acting. I wasn't surprised that he won that award though, considering the huge Twilight fanbase.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago SimplyLaurel said…
I sort of agree. I think that Taylor was fine in the movie. I had no complaints about him, but that may be because some of the other actors were so dreadful(*coughKristencough*).

But I do think that he was not the BEST compared to some other nominees, namely Zachary Quinton(Sylar on Heroes and Spok in the new Star Trek).

From what I can tell, Twilight stars have been winning more awards than they clearly deserve. The hype about the books/movies has caused an influx of tweens and teens to vote for the actors because they seem to think they are the actual characters(or they're just the only nominees they recognize), and the deserving actors are losing. The fact that Kristen Stewart managed to get an award for her "acting" is the best example of this.

Perhaps they should have added an award for Best Abs in the PCA. Taylor would be very deserving of that.
over a year ago Hellohoudini said…
big smile
But then on the other side of that..."Break Out Actor"...if you have a bunch of movies under your belt are you really a "Break Out Actor"....to me that means you do one big movie and boom! your name is everywhere. And lets really be honest..he's probably not going to win an Oscar or a Critics Choice Award... but Sam Worthington is going to hit it big...really big. So lets just be happy for a young kid who won an award on MTV and by a bunch of fangirls. And if we get to see some great looking abs in the meantime...bonus!
over a year ago TheUnbeholden said…
Who cares really... the awards are meaningless. its about enjoying the movie, whatever movie it may be.