Twilight Series I REALLY love Breaking Dawn! ...am I the only one?

aanniiee_ posted on Aug 04, 2008 at 11:28PM
I was really satisfied with the ending; I'm not used to feeling that great about an ending to a series. But I felt that SM tied up the loose ends very nicely. I honestly have no complaints. Plus, everyone got their happy ending! EVERYONE! (except for Irina, I guess, but really, who cares) *sigh* I feel REALLY happy about it, and I feel like I'm the only one, lol. ...am I?

Twilight Series 69 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 69

over a year ago HisTypeOfHeroin said…
I loved it too aanniiee_. I think that when ever there is something with a big fandom there is always disappointment when it ends (hence Harry Potter). I saw soooooo much backlash with deathly Hallows.
I feel that this was the story that SM wanted to tell from the beginning and she did not let anyone (including her fans) from derailing her from her goal. Hands down for SM for writing what she believes in. Screw all the people who felt that it should have been wrote "their" way. It was not their story to tell. Go write your own book if it makes you feel better poeple and let up on Stephenie.
over a year ago sweetlissa2006 said…
i loved! I wasn't sure if I would at first. But, I grew to love it!!! It's not my favorite out of the saga, but it was awesome! I don't see how people hated it! You're right, everyone did get their happy ending! I loved it!
over a year ago timbitzk said…
Best of the series, in my opinion.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, but I still liked it a lot.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mandavamp said…
I really loved Breaking Dawn! It's more meatier for me. I enjoyed how Stephenie tied it all up. I hope she does a book or two from Renesmee's P.O.V. just because I want to see the relationship between her and Jake grow and if they have kids what they are like. Bah! I read BD so fast I think I'm going to start over and read it slower, letting more sink in. LOVED IT!!!
over a year ago siriusmelai88 said…
Same here. I love how everything feels both different and the same. It's different for the twists and turns that will make you wonder, excited, annoyed, bewildered and so much more. It's the same because they're the same. The characters and their love, their snippy conversations, their humor.

After all the pain and heartache everyone's been through, isn't it enough that they have their happy ending?

I love it. I love the series.
over a year ago AnnaK said…
i loved it as well..there's nothing to argue about.there were parts in it that I didn't like as much as other parts,but taking all in account i have to say that i love it!I loved the humour and the twisted plots and the story was not predictable at all, always took a direction I clearly didn't expect...and that's what I love about the books..
All the main characters are likeable and I'm glad that SM gave the series a great ending...
over a year ago camillehatch said…
I thought it was very good. It was the most adult book of the series. Watching Bella grow up thru-out the series was great. But I must say I have never been as suprised by a book as I was when it came to Renesmee. I was in shock. The book defenetly took its turn from TEen romance to an adult love story. I think the people that did not like breaking dawn where either...

1. Too younge to understand.

2. A monther in shock that SM took it to the level of younge marriage and children.

Well that's just my opinion.

But I think it was a great ending to the saga. But I'm also really sad the books are over :(
over a year ago shortynme said…
I loved it too. I'm kind of ticked that so many people are dissing on it. I don't understand how they can't be satisfied with the story. Bella turned into a Vampire, Jake got his girl, Edward was in it *wink wink, nudge nudge*, and Charlie got in (kind of) on the secret. It was perfect! I'm with Mandavamp, I want Nessie + Jake stories now! We all know that Jake has got to be one of the coolest characters (remember how sweet and romantic he was to Bella?) Now picture that, but with Nessie, and those feelings fully returned! It would be great! Thank you Stephenie Meyer for another great story, a great conclusion for all the characters, and a lot of shocks and twists that didn't disappoint! I love you! :)
over a year ago jg456 said…
loved it
over a year ago sweetpea92 said…
I loved it!!! It was amazing!! Im thrilled that they all got there happy ending. I read an article(the link to it is on www.stepheniemeyer.com) It said that she wasnt sure she was done with the characters but that was the last story from Bella. So Im hoping it is about Jake and Nessie. My mom and I actually had a theory that Bella would have a baby and if it was a girl hoped jake would imprint but we didnt actually think it would happen! I think it ended perfectly, with a Forever!
over a year ago mandapanda said…
i liked it, but some of the things didnt sit well with me. i loved how she ended the series, dont get me wrong. but bella's transformation i wanted Edward to make a conscious decision and to "kill" her when she wasnt already dying. and the baby, i liked how she put Renesmee in the story. w/o her, none of the other things would have fit, but i didnt feel that it was necesary. she could have put something else in there. i liked it, but i think it could have been better. Breaking Dawn was a great read, not the best, but still awesome and intense. I'm not saying I didnt like it cuz i did. Im trying to get that point across so people dont chew me out! I liked it, I just wanted a little things differently. We didnt really get to see Edward and Bella's relationship. But we did get to see them as parents. I guess i was just itching for more Bella and Edward moments is all. but I LIKED the book.
over a year ago pinkmafia27 said…
I really liked the book. The Nessie stuff didn't bother me, I actually thought she was really cute.
I LOVED reading about Bella as a vampire, her snarls and hunting and just everything - IT WAS WHAT I HAD BEEN WAITING ALL THIS TIME TO READ!
The only thing that did not sit well with me was the meeting with the Volturi. I felt like it was just sooooo anti-climactic. All that preparation, all that talking, blah blah blah, and nothing, NOTHING. Could she just not figure out how to write a fight scene? I felt like it was way too drawn out if they weren't going to have a battle.
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
There's love with me man! :D!! I thought that the ending was brillant!! but you know people and there reasons...

I adore that last page!! Nessie!

over a year ago Jakefan said…
I agree I wanted more Bella and Edward and I was so sad when Alice left. I had to put down the book and walk away laughing at myself when I realized I was mad at a fictional character! I was, however happy that there was more Jacob in this book. I know so many argue about who is better Edward or Jacob, but I just really like Jacob! Anyway, it was interesting to get into his head to. I can't wait to read the book that comes from Edward's point of view. It is really cool to see the situation from other points of view.
I had some inklings about where Bella's power would go and that it would somehow be able to protect more than just her and I was really hoping to find out about who Jacob would imprint with, so I guess I got my answers.
I agree with you Pink about the Volturi scene. I was kind of hoping for more from that, but it really had to go that way I think. Bella scared Aro off. Isn't that really the best ending? She is the next big bad on the horizon and only a newborn. How cool considering what she was as a human!
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
actually i loved this book, it was realy original and creative and seriously kept you on your toes throughout. i probably liked it the best out of the series.
over a year ago lamesims said…
i loved it as well.... i have posted my own opinion in one of the other discussions.... i love edward and bella's story...
yet again i shall say i congratulate stephenie meyer for creating the greatest story that i ever read...
over a year ago courick11 said…
You're not alone, I totally loved it. But it's not my favorite one. My favorite is still the very first one, Twilight =] But it was a good book!
over a year ago bitenbylove said…
i was wanting to know...if anyone could shed me some insight to the prolouge...that was in the new ec book... i havvnt read bd..they dont have it out yet where i live...and i'm dieing...anyone? it seriously sounded like edward killed bella...((just wat i got)) and if thats the case i so dont wanna read it...
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
i don't want to give too much away, but it's NOT about Edward killing Bella-that never happens in the book, so don't worry! you can read in peace ;)
over a year ago m_purple04 said…
no, i LOVED it!!! very surprising!! i must admit though... the begining was a little odd.
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I loved it too! :) I wish there was more about Edward and renesme's relationship. That would have made the book even better for me. But dont get me wrong I think Stephenie Meyer did a fab job and I hope that she doesnt get upset with all the backlash from this book.
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
i loved this book. i thought it was amazing.
im so upset right now about hearing about all of the backlash. that is absolutely ridiculous for people to try to start a mass wave of book returnings. stupid fangirls. ; ]

anyways, i absolutely loved the book. ive never felt so much closure at the end of a book before. like i feel like everything is complete and settled and finalized.
i loved every part of it. i cried like 5 times haha. several parts of it took me by major surprise. i never expected her to get pregnant. that always felt like such a massive "no. it wont and physical cannot happen" thing to me so i was really surprised by that.
but yeah, i loved the book. i loved that everyone got their happy ending. and that no one died!!! i was soo scared that jake would die protecting nessie. it was ridiculous how scared i was! haha.

but yeah, i loved it! : ]
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
no, your nto alone, i thought it was amazing
over a year ago musiclikelove said…
i loved the book, but i really hated reading from jacob's pov
over a year ago chels05 said…
woah. Everyone i've talked to outside of fanpop so far hasn't liked it. I loved it and couldn't believe what they were saying. I loved Jakes POV. And I pretty much loved everything. :P
over a year ago emmettlover16 said…
i loved the book!! although New Moon is still my fave! i like how she put jakes POV in the book...i liked reading more from what he sees and feels. i wish there was a fight scene so there can be some action lol...but im glad she didnt have one cuz i was afraid one of my fave characters would die
over a year ago Bedward4lyf said…
omg. ur so not alone. i just finished the book like 30 minutes ago and im still saying WOAH THAT WAS INTENSLY AMAZING. AHH WHEN WILL THIS END!?
over a year ago ceo07 said…
YAY i loved it everything i wanted to happen happened and ore yay Bella and Edwart Marry (Tick)
Bella Becomes a Vampire (Tick) and Jacob imprinting (Tick) yay and they have a baby and the nae is sooo sweet renesme awwwwww loved the book nice little twist that jacob imprints on renesme verry sweet loved it could hardly put the book dont lol = )
and even if it hadnt included all of what i wanted to happen im sure it would have been amazing stilll Stehpenien meyer is an amazing author am planning on reading the host not sure when though and i cant wait for midnight sun yay = ) sorry if half or more of this didnt make sense lol
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
ah, YES! this is so great, I'm really happy that you all really loved it as well! and I agree with everyone that said it, I want some Jake and Renesmee stories too. Also, even though SM already said that there would be no more stories with Edward and Bella as the MAIN characters, I still wish we could read more about Bella's life as a vampire. ah well :) oh, and does anyone know when Midnight Sun is coming out?
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i LOVED it!! i liked all the parts, especially the part from jake's pov! i thought it was really good, even if it was differsent from the others. i thought it had a lot more complexity and plot and stuff than the others which made for a more interesting story. i thought it was realy good. i dont know why everyone is hating on it so much.
over a year ago molinaaaa said…
today is E&B's wedding anniversary!! 2 years! =)
over a year ago meyerama said…
OMG!!! how can you not like BD, i mean i know it has its faults, but what and who doesnt. we r just going to have to get over it, cuz its not going to change no matter how much somepeople diss it.
over a year ago Iheartedward said…
nope your not the only one loved it.
over a year ago mandavamp said…
A very happy anniversary to Bella and Edward! Technically they've been married for 2 years.
over a year ago zoomonkees said…
I didn't think BD was bad. Honestly, there was so much weighty material in it that I had to put the book down for a bit because I thought my head would explode (aka transition scenes). And I loved Jake's chapter titles! Those were amazing.
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
It was pretty good. My third favorite of the series. Whole pregancy/Nessie thing is my least favorite of all the major plotlines in all the books, but I liked the wedding, Jake's part, and the happy ending :)
over a year ago countrygirl2008 said…
no yur not.i loved the book too.
over a year ago yewandebabe23 said…
hmm , i dont hate it.
i just hate the fact its the last book ):
over a year ago braybear04 said…
i loved it so much!!! i'm glad S.M. went with the happy ending! but no matter what she did she could not have made everyone happy but she certainly did a GREAT job in my opinion!
over a year ago jacoblove88 said…
I think it was the perfect conclusion. I was preparing myself for her to have to say goodbye to either Jacob or Edward. But the fact that she gets to stay with Edward and keep Jacob as her best friend was great. And it was really cool that Jacob imprinted. Plus Bella didnt have to say goodbye to her dad. Personally I think it turned out better than anything I could have imagined.
over a year ago esme01 said…
nope ive already readit 12 times
over a year ago bellablack46 said…
I loved it. Being a mother myself, I cried and cried when Bella had to make her "arrangements" for Nessie and wheneveryone was saying thier goodbyes. I was a blubbering fool! It definately had as may highs and lows as New Moon, for me, and I love that kind of roller coaster. Would'nt change a thing (except if Bella's power was more like rubber than a shield so it left Jane writhing in pain, that would have been awesome). I am craving more and hope they make 4 movies, just like the Harry Potter series and make them well so I can watch them over and over and over...
over a year ago vianessvondrak said…
i love it!!!!!!!!!!
4 me the best book ever!!!!!!!
stephenie is really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago movygirl said…
I second vianessvondrak!
GREATEST BOOK OF ALL TIMES!!!!!!! ;) ;D XD
over a year ago s3ptamber said…
i really loved BD. for me, it's the first book i was really satisfied with the ending. All of the other series i've read, they screwed up the end. For me it was the cutest end and SM did a really good job. i don't understand why many people didn't love it.. well they all have their happy endings like yu've said! =D
over a year ago randomchicky456 said…
hell no your not the only one, i L O V E D I T, just amazing!

go team edward!
over a year ago smileandshine said…
OME!!!! (Oh My Edward) I loved Braking Dawn! I get goosebumps everytime i read the wedding scean! I loved the entire series and although breaking dawn was not my favorite book, it was still fab! I hated New Moon, though, so i liked when Jacob imprinted on Renesemee so he could leave bella and edward be! I actually like jacob in breaking dawn!
over a year ago x-haylllllley said…
i reallllly loved it but i did want more of edward and bella, i feel like nessie kind of took away from them :/ but i mean she made the book so it makes sense. i DID like it i just wish othhher things would have happened..
over a year ago thevampiregirl said…
I ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT!
its my 2nd fave (twilight was the best ;] )
i loved the story line, especially jake and nessie,
and i loved how bella was finally a help not a hinderence ;]
yh so..... it was amazing ;]
over a year ago saraplain said…
I LOVED IT BUT IM SAD THE SAGA ENDED