Twilight Series Renesmee and Jake *spoilers*

funnyshawna posted on Aug 03, 2008 at 09:53PM
so, what's everybody's opinion on Jake imprinting on Renesmee??? ive heard a few, but im curious;)
i personally thought it was weird but good. i really wanted a happy ending for jake, and since i was positive it wouldnt be with bella after she became pregnant, it was a nice thing that he imprinted on Nessie. i dont really have a problem with him imprinting on a baby, since hes just gonna be like a big brother to her untill shes old enough to be his partner. and i really really wanted jake to imprint so that he would get over bella and move on, and still be able to be her friend. although i was kind of hoping it would be leah after reading jacob's part of breakingd dawn...
anyways, thoughts anyone?

Twilight Series 31 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Trynity78 said…
The one thing I was wondering about is since Renesmee is half human and Jake is a shape shifter does that mean if they have kids it will be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 shape shifter and half human? Geez what kinda powers would that kid have. And would it be able to stand next to itself since vampires and "werewolves" can't stand the smell of each other?
Very interesting for the next set of novels I'm sure SM has brewing in her head.
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
wow yeah...interesting. jacob can stand next to renesmee, and she is half vampire...so maybe it doesnt really matter. and if it was only one fourth vampire the vampire smell would be less strong.
over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
I was just relieved that Jake had FINALLY imprinted on someone, allowing him to get over Bella. And the fact that Quill had imprinted on someone younger too kind of eased me into Jake imprinting on Bella's baby. So, I think I liked the whole idea :) Also, I was wondering, how old is Renesmee going to get before she reaches her age of maturity and stops growing? OH, and ALSO, in reference to Trynity's comment, what are SM's next set of novels going to be about? Will they continue the story, or focus on different characters?
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
I think that it is a little strange that Jake imprinted on Nessie after I got over the initial shock I was glad. I am sick of everyone going on like Jake is a pedophile (sp?) but it was said so many time that he doesnt think of her that way. Edward even told Bella after Jake found out she would be 'of age' in 6 1/2 years that he didn't think that way, even knowing that he can in 6.5 years...

But anyways, I am happy for him. I hope that maybe sometime in the future Stephenie can write books about Nessie and Jake. She said that BD was the end of Bella and Edwards story but she could write Jake and Nessie's...just a thought!

Also, funnyshawna, I think there are two reasons that Jake can stand to be around Nessie even though she is half vamp. One would be that he imprinted and nothing else matters than her happiness. Two, they said that she has a different kind of smell, so I assume that she doesn't smell like a vamp or a human...Don't know, just my thoughts!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mandavamp said…
tubby2002 I totally agree! I would love to see books about Nessie and Jake. It would be interesting to see if they have babies, how would a spawn of a 'werewolf' and a half immortal turn out to be like?
yeah, they didnt say that she had a vampire smell speciffically, bella could smell the human in her, but also something else. not just either one.
a book about nessie and jake would be awesome!
over a year ago sweetpea92 said…
I was so suprised, but in a good way. On those days when my mom and I would sit around dicussing are theories this was something she came up with I thought "that would be awesome mom but your crazy" I guess she wasnt after all.
over a year ago shortynme said…
I think Stephenie had it all planned from the beginning. Like how Quill had imprinted on a kid, and Jake explained it to Bella, making it ok. Which meant that when Jake saw Nessie, we weren't all grossed out, because we already knew what it would mean for him.
Jake is prepared to fall in love with Nessie. Remember he gave her a promise bracelet for Christmas. He is going to be whatever she wants/needs until she's old enough for him to be in love with. Lucky for Jake, he won't have to wait very long! lol
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
I'm pretty happy because now there ALL one big HAPPY family!!!
over a year ago 21738001988120 said…
yeah i compeletly agree that i thought it was going to be leah but i knew it wasnt going to be possible then i thought they would just fall in love anyway but of course that didnt happen. i kept on picking edwards side and not seeing how edward jacob and bella could fit together happily and im glad that this is it.
over a year ago cheergeek said…
woah.... this is the first poisitive feedback I've seen of this topic *is surprised*

I personally love Renesme [it could just be because it's Jacob] but she's super cool..
No, I didn't like the idea of imprinting AT ALL.. .but now I really want to know how it works [once again, only because of Jacob]

oh, and I would LOVELOVELOVE a book in renesme's pov... There would finally be SOMEONE who loves Jacob more than I do. ^^ [and he would be happy... for a whole book]
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
its weird coz we were discussin theories and i posted something about how bella should hav a child an jake imprint on the child, but i didnt beleive it, but i didnt want it 2 b true!
althou i dnt mind jake imprintin on renesmee but i think that it would of been better if he imprinted on u know the girl lizzie, 4 all of them. but i dnt mind again, im jus glad he imprinted.
over a year ago ilovejazzy said…
i like the idea of renesmee and jacob. even though i was sorta hoping for jacob and leah...
it took me awhile to realize jacob imprinted on renesmee. i didn't realize till edward said jacob was with renesme in the second chapter of bella's pov
over a year ago layla_14 said…
I like nessie for some reason maybe because she makes Jacob happy! while I was reading Jacob's book, I thought that he might imprint on leah, I was hopng through out that book that wouldn't happen, even though I started to like leah, I didn't want then to be together.
I really hope that SM does a book about Jacob and Nessie, that would be great!
over a year ago GivenPeace said…
FINALY! people who like the whole jake&Nessie thing. I love the idea, it fits everything into place and as Bandgeek_XP said: one big happy family! and I really wanted Jacob to be happy and over his Bella infatuation. And like many of you i was first vying for Leah and jake just so he would be happy and because his POV hinted at closer feelings but whatever.
After reading it though I was like SM so totally has to write a book on Jake and Nessie as she did say that she has ideas to write books based in the same world but Bella would be a secondry character.
And for those who think that it makes jake all..perverted you totally dont understand what 'imprinting' means. Just look at Quill's relationship with Clair.
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I thought that it was the perfect ending for the best series ever. Now Jake gets his happy ending and Bella and Jake can still be friends :)
over a year ago lamesims said…
i agree leah would have been a good idea... but since he'd already seen her for like a long time... i knew he would never imprint on her... i'm cool with renesmee i think it's quite sweet like quil and claire
over a year ago Virjo said…
sorry but i think it's absolutely bizarre and creepy!! also.. it's so disneyish!! this way they all can be a one big happy family, jake somehow ended up with bella (renesmee is basically bella 2) and so on. ugh.

plus, what was the purpose of the jake/leah relationship if he's gonna imprint on someone else? totally pointless. i think leah was realy falling for jake...
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
I'm just impossible to please I guess :P

The one thing that I'm extremely happy about is that Jake didn't end up with Leah... I don't like her at all.

However, I'm just not a fan of the pregnancy/child/Nessie in general. I thought the plotline was unnatural/forced in order for it to be a sugary-sweet ending.

I also hate that Jake seemed to lose his personality after he imprinted. He wasn't the funny and warm Jake that I loved anymore. Just bland and over-protective.

So, honestly, I'm not a huge fan.

But if Jake's happy, I can be happy for him. I'll just pretend he suffered a slight personality stint and that he gets over it really, really soon after Breaking Dawn ends.
over a year ago bds1097 said…
okay!

i love this book but when i got to this part i was stumped!
i had noooo i idea what Jacob but on Renesmee?

Did they even put what Jacob imprinted on her?

if you know can you please reply?
yeah, they did. he definitely imprinted...
that's why bella got so mad
over a year ago ItalianAngel89 said…
What does imprinting mean? I havent read this book and I dont know if I want to.
over a year ago mwalsh said…
at first i was i thought it was a little wierd that he imprinted on her then i realised it was really sweet
ItalianAngel89, you definitely want to read it! it's the best one!
over a year ago ragga said…
I was so happy I wanted to squee, when they all became one big happy family (as prevously mentioned) :D

And when Jake And Bella restored the friendship that was the fundation of all the other feelings throughout the series I was beyond extatic! I actually started crying during their first conversation with her being a vampire.

And Renesmee is probably my favourite charater in the entire series!
over a year ago ToyletGnome said…
I think the whole imprinting thing is just a way for Smeyer to get out of creating real relationships. 'Love at first sight' is lazy and boring, they need to be able to talk, share common interests, spend time together, get to know each other. I'm against imprinting in general and the whole 'relationship', if you can even call it that, is pedophilic.
over a year ago Miranda-Cullen said…
laugh
ok well i thought it was bad for him to imprint on her because she is only a baby he will eventually want to date her and that will be gross and not right at all i jst dnt get why he could do that id much rather he imprinted on leah or any1 else it would have been funny if he would hav imprinted on bella cause then she really would have had a hard tiem chooseing
over a year ago ToyletGnome said…
Miranda-Cullen, I was under the impression that imprinting only happened with one person so it wouldn't make sense to have him imprint on two people. Why would he have to imprint on them in the first place? I would've preferred it if he ended up with Leah but I don't think they should've imprinted. For once it'd be nice if a real relationship was in the books. One that we could see grow and mature over time, instead of just, *BAM* "love".
I agree with ToyletGnome. It's been like a year and a half since I wrote this post, and I still am not against Renesmee and Jake, but a real relationship is really something this series is missing, and that's something that now bugs me most about it.
over a year ago TwiCrazyJade said…
I like the way everything ended up, not a huge fan of Renesmee and Jacob thing but it ended up being a happy ending, so I was ok with it.

I was all for Jacob and leah as well, falling in love not imprinting, but not because I think the book needed that but because it would have been another happy ending and it would have helped both Leah and Jake.

I don't think the series is missing a 'real relationship', because they are all real but they are all different, and love is magical however you find it and whoever you find it with.