Twilight Series Why Do You Like/Dislike/Hate Jacob?

maddikins posted on Jul 25, 2008 at 06:07PM
It seems like a bunch of people are hating on Jacob.
What do you think about him?

Twilight Series 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
i dnt h8 him i feel sorry 4 him coz he's in love with bella and she loves him but she loves edward more. that must b horrible!
however im an edward fan!
over a year ago vampire-freak said…
i hate him cuse he is only putting bella thruogh pain
along with edward !imean its bad enoghf he has to wach the love of his forever life cuddle in a tent with a werewolf and he cant do anything about it
i LOVE you more than life its sealf EDWARD!!!!
over a year ago chels05 said…
I don`t hate him :)
over a year ago twilovers said…
I love Jacob bcause I feel bad for him. Because at the end of Eclipse when Edward gave Jacob the wedding invitation he was so sad because he knew he couldn't fight for her. So he ran letting his love for her leave too. He is also hott and very sweet =]

I <3 Jacob more than Edward in a way too.
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
I think it is sad that people hate Jacob. I think they hate him because in Twilight, every girl fell head over heels for Edward. And his and Bella's love. In a way, we want to do anything we can to preserve this. Jacob comes across as a challenge, someone to get in a way of their love. I think if it had been the reverse, with Edward switched with Jake, it would be Edward we all wanted to die! lol. Aside from that, we all have to consider that Edward has 100 years of wisdom under his belt. Jacob is only 16! Wild by nature and prone to mistakes! I could write a thousand pages, but I think it is really summed up in a summary Stephenie Meyer made of him. PLEASE READ all Jacob "haters!"
link
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago cheergeek said…
Th_fanpire made an amazing point. I agree 100 percent.
I have chosen to no longer care for the hate. I love Jaocb, and care (as much as you can for a character) just as much if not more than Edward.
If you like The Twilight saga- What's the point in hating anyone??
over a year ago candicunningham said…
I agree with The_Fanpire and cheergeek. Jacob is better than most 16 year old boys--plus he was her soul mate. It just happened that Edward came along and was more than that. I would have given anything to have a Jacob when I was Bella's age, and I can't imagine any girl not wanting that as well. To have both, mind-boggling ecstasy!
over a year ago latinlover said…
no i dont hate jacob! but its like he cant take a hint! comon edward as we all know should be the one for bella becuase he loves her and she loves him..... yes i would say that jacob is better than alot of 16 year old boys and i would give anything to be wit him but cmon if you had achance to be wit one of them who would you all pick the one that you fel in love wit first or the one who kinda interfered and in the ned kinda made things worse? hit me up wit your replys comon i wanna c wat ya say ???
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
Bella, Jacob, and Edward all made mistakes throughout out this series! Bella had a hard time trying to balance her other half (Edward) and her best friend Jacob. This obviously didn't quite work (Eclipse) and she ended up hurting both of them in the process. Edward made mistakes too, all in the best interest. He tends to be dramatic, making dramatic decisions. (Leaving, almost attempting suicide, being too overprotective, being too far the other way, etc. etc.) He let Bella and Jacob's relationship develop too long, only because he knew if he stopped it, he was running the risk of preventing bella from enjoying the better path in life. During this time, Bella really fell in love with Jacob too. Jacob, of course, messed up as well. (Enough said there, right?) The whole time, Bella knew she wanted Edward. Problem is, she wanted Jacob too, first as a friend, then as more. (unknowingly) Too Jacob, he hoped so much that he would end up with her, and as she is bordering on "leading him on" he just gets all the more confused. So much so, that when Bella says, Jake, I want Edward, not you, he continues to cling to a lost cause. So yeah, he was dumb to not back off. But backing off was too painful for him. Especially when he knows the minute he stops fighting, he loses her to the vampires and she becomes a "bloodsucking leech" (Which I disagree with, but he was raised by Billy, right?)

Sooooo....(phew, that was insane!) I am not defending anyone, just asking you to step in each characters shoes.
over a year ago kittygatto888 said…
well for one , bella and edward are madly in love and i think bella only thought she was in love with jacob because she was nervous about the wedding i think jacob was only thrown in the story for a way to show that edward and bella were truly in love because all jacob did in the end was realise that she was foolish to ever think that jacob was 'the one" and make her realise that her and edward were meant to be and that thre love was much much much much ( 100 times much ) more powerful and strong than bella and jacobs could ever be and that jacob was just a guy that had a strong crush on bella and shew felt sorry for him so she without realising it out of sypathy tryed out wat she was like with jacob an we all no that certainly was no romeo and juilet story and in the end jacob was just a boy that tryed to come beetween bella and edward and well of course edward and bella wre so madly in love he would eventualy gt CRUSHED!!!

bella and edward forever
.......and eternity
over a year ago totallydazzled said…
I dont hate edward but i think that bella and edward are perfect together but if it had turned out that bella had chosen jacob then i woud have accepted it cos it is stephenie meyers book and so in the end she has written it how she thinks it would be perfect for it to and so i would deal with it lmao but she has chosen the perfect ending would be her choosing edward so im happy rofl
over a year ago jele said…
hi everybody!!! i'm an italian girl, so don't look at my awful English!! i don't hate him!! but i prefer Edward!!!!!!!!!jacob is not bad but can spoil edward and bella's story. in italy bd has't come out yet; how is? is it beautiful like the other 3 books???? please someone answer me!!!
over a year ago lolipopgrl113 said…
I HATE JACOB WITH FIERY PASSION AND I HOPE HE GOES AND DIES SOMEWHERE IN THE WOODS!!!!!!
OR BETTER YET I HOPE EDWARD RIPS HIM 2 SHREDDS AND HE AND BELLA GO AND HAVE "FUN" ON TOP OF HIS RIPPED UP SHREDDS.mwwamhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago cullenfan17 said…
i think that people like jacob because they feel sorry for him, im all for team edward because Jacob acts like an obstacle and if he loved her so much why didnt he imprint on her? He hurts bella and edward by liking bella. people hate him because the team edwards think he is just in the way and is trying to break them up, hes not right for her!
<3 EDWARD!!!
over a year ago Missy101 said…
meh
I'm not really sure.
Sometimes I love him. sometimes I hate him.
What I really think is Bella thought Jacob as a guyfriend and nothing more. Jacob thought her as something more. It's sad really.
over a year ago TeamEdward484 said…
sad
I Dont Hate Him ,
I Dislike His Attitude Toward Edward&
How He Lies To Bella Just So
He Can Be Selfish And Get What
HE Wants .=[

But There Is Some Things I Like About Him .
over a year ago Fashbop said…
angry
Well, theree are loads of reasons why i hate him! But first, people think others hate him cos they didnt read new moon + all the bits that he helped Bella with after Edward left. (To protect HER, mitee i add) But i did read new moon.. Time + time again.. And I Still HATE JACOB!! firstly, how mean is he to Edward!? I mean, Edward waited his whole existence for Bella and Jacob comes along trying to ruin that. Second, hes soo mean! He threatened/lied about killing himself just to get Bella to kiss him. Thirdly, hes such a jerk. Before he became a werewolf, that was fine. But now hes just all about himself! Its horrible to read! Its the only downer to all of the books.. I ripped mi Eclipse one just because he KISSED BELLA!! AND BELLA KISSED HIM BACK!! After that i didnt like Bella much either... And how can yhue not love Edward when he brings her back after all shes put him through.. Oh, alsoo Jacob is only with Bella cos of Renesme.. I wont spoil it for anyone who doesnt know what happens next, but when yhue find out, yhull kno what i mean.. HATE JACOB!!...... DISLIKE BELLA AT SOME POINTS IN THE BOOKS!! LOVE EDWARD!!!!! :D
over a year ago Fashbop said…
laugh
An i Agree We Lolipopgirl113.. Cept I Wish Bella Ripped Him To Shreds With Edwards Help And They Havee Even MORE Fun On Top Of His Ashes :)
over a year ago TNgurl101 said…
laugh
I dont hes Sexy!!!
over a year ago luvutoo said…
I love Jacob. Hes funny, sexy, reliable, easy going, and will do anything for the one he loves.
over a year ago Hunn101 said…
heart
The reason i hate him is because hes trying to take bella from edward and causing her pain second hes a dog and third i just dont like his personality Im sorry for people who like him but im TEAM EDWARD
over a year ago justinmad said…
monkey
Well, he is a werewolf. That has to count for something. It was like, soooo cool when he turned into a werewolf in new moon.
over a year ago jeniferxavier5 said…
smile
love jacob! jake is so much and more to bells! its gr8 edward gets the girl but like u al said i pity jake... but he gets nessie so all ends well!
over a year ago Maleenaangel said…
crying
Edward can drop dead. because Jacob rules!!!!!!!!! How can anyone help falling in Love! It's Bella's fault! she led him on, she hurt him so much!!! Why did she go to him in the first place? then he wouldn't get hurt
over a year ago pompeybabe said…
smile
I don't hate Jacob, but I don't love him either.
It's when people like the person above this comment (cough, cough Maleenaangel) hate on Edward/Bella because of him, that makes me dislike him.
People have turned the saga into this huge, unnecessary love triangle when you had to have known that Bella was going to pick Edward in the end.
Off topic. Sorry ...

I can relate to Jacob in many ways, ways that others may not be able to so I have this inability to hate on him because that would be rather hypocritical of myself. He's a great character, well developed and very relateable but certain things that he does just pushes my buttons.
Anyway, yeah. I don't hate him and he doesn't deserve the hate that he gets but he definitely isn't my favourite character of the series.
over a year ago Lovehinagurl44 said…
Jacob seems more likable to me until he imprints on the baby. Renesmee destroys his personality. He's more attractive and not extremely pale & ugly. Bella doesn't deserve him because she used him until Edward came back. Jacob should've just left with Leah and cut Bella off. Edward is overrated to me.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago thewiseowl said…
I love Jacbo!!!! He has always been there for Bella when times were dark for her, the only reason he would act out was because he wanted to the best for Bella just like any friend would do. I never understood why people would hate him.