Twilight Series Breaking Dawn Theories?

spezlee posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 02:14AM
I read that Breaking Dawn will be very loosely based on A Midsummer Night's Dream and another book that will not be revealed because it would give too much away. I was wondering if anyone has any theories on what that other book could be and why.

Stephenie Meyer has so far used all classic ideas, and they have mostly been ones that women are more inclined to enjoy. So, I think it may have something to do with that but I think just about anything is possible! ;)

Twilight Series 41 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago julijac said…
Midsummer Night's Dream is about a father trying to get her daughter to marry someone he wants, but she loves someone else, so runs off with that person to be together. Before she leaves she tells her friend that she is eloping with her love; her friend betrays her to the man her father wants her to marry because she was jilted by said same guy. Needless to say, the man that was to marry the daughter runs after her and her lover with the jilted girl on his heels. A king and queen fairy get involved and mess things up, making the eloping couple fall for the other two chasing them. It all works out in the end though for the correct couples. I don't know if my take on it is exact, but that is what I got out of it. So, my theory is the Alaskan vampire that likes Edward kidnaps Bella and takes her in the woods where Jacob finds her. She goes back and tells Edward that Bella wants to be with him. He goes to get Bella back, Jacob and Edward almost get in fist a cuffs about it, then out walks the Alaskan vampire, Jacob sees her then imprints on her. Everyone gets who they want and all will be happy.
over a year ago candicunningham said…
I figured Leah would imprint on Jacob, but I really like julijac's reply! Jacob with Tanya, Edward with Bella. Don't know if it would work, but sounds fun.
over a year ago julijac said…
I also think it would be great if Bella got pregnant during her honeymoon. Then Edward couldn't change her for awhile, the Volturi would be upset but not kill him/her because this would be a first. In the play A Midsummer Night's Dream, the Fairy King and Queen want to take a "changling," which could be the baby (part vampire part human). That would give Jacob some time to find someone to imprint on. Or to be even cooler, what if Jacob imprints on Bella's baby. She always said that she would like to love him as a brother (family) and not the way he wants love. That would satisfy her and him both I think.
Keep talking. I love your ideas. I wanted Bella to get pregnant too. Not real sure it could happen, but since she would still be human....I was only thinking about the couples that I'd figured had been together, and they are both vampires. This would explain why they aren't able to have children. The only trouble I have with that is I still want Bella to be changed to a vampire, but with a child, I'm not sure she would. I don't want her to get too much older than Edward. I also think the Volturi will be intimidated by her when she becomes a vampire. They'll want to add her to their group. I don't think she'll want to kill much though, due to her reaction to blood.
Came up with a new theory after rereading all 3 books again. Let me know if you like this. Jacob knows when the wedding is because he received the invitation. He also knows Bella will be changed after the wedding so he plans to kidnap her from the wedding, but when he shows up to get her from the wedding, he meets Angela and ends up imprinting on her! Bella is actually happy for him, although a little jealous. Angela gets to know about the world of vampires and werewolves, and they are all happy in the end. I really don't want Jacob with Leah, so my question was who would I want him with. He's a very sweet character, and I wanted him happy, even though I didn't want Bella with anyone except Edward!
over a year ago spezlee said…
I LOVE that theory, candicunnigham! I've always wanted one of Bella's "good" friends from school to know about her secret vampire/werewolf life. I always thout that that would be such a relief for Bella. And, to have Jacob happy with someone as sweet as Angela is a really great touch, too!!!
over a year ago blguard_2010 said…
Has ne1 figured it out that its not possible for Leah to imprint on Jacob neways. This is due to the fact that it happens the very first time you see them after you become a werewolf, and it hasnt happened even though they've seen each other everyday.
I figured that, I liked him imprinting on Angela.....like I said I want him happy with someone great!
The other theory was for him to imprint on Lauren, which would not be as good. Bella, of course, would be furious because she knows Lauren isn't good enough for Jacob, even though she is just jealous. I don't like this theory as much since I too don't like Lauren just because of the way she has been in the book. I have also decided the one and ONLY two that I can be okay with dying is Rosalie and Billy. I don't want ANY to die, don't get me wrong. I just figure Rosalie hates her life enough, but I'd still feel bad for Emmett. Emmett would have to end up with someone really great. If Billy died, I'd feel sorry for Jacob.
Sorry, I changed that to two instead of one, so it sounds weird.
Hey, wouldn't it be insane if Angela was a witch! Bella had joked about that previously--and since we already have vampires and werewolves...
I still really like her ending up with Jacob!
My newest idea is that Charlie will become a vampire too. I think he will end up with someone from Tanya's clan.
over a year ago alycarp said…
just wanted to say this...
bella cant get pregnant. at least not with edward.

stephenie meyer has said that vampires cant have kids because all of thier body liquids have been turned to venom in the process of becoming a vampire. therefore, edward has no sperm.

:(
over a year ago alycarp said…
also, i think the following people are going to die:

1. Rosalie
2. Emmett
3. Jacob
4. Carlisle
Oh! I'd be so sad! The only person who I really wouldn't mind is Rosalie and that's because she doesn't really want to be a vampire and is still so bitter and unhappy with her life.
Do you think that there is ANY way that Bella might end up having sex with Jacob because she wants to experience that before becoming a vampire, and Edward would kill her if they tried? (Of course he'd be furious if he found out she was off with Jacob doing that!) I do want her with Edward, but I'm still sad they haven't shown a Jacob quote yet, and I'm just wanting him in the book!
Plus, I'm scared they'll get married and then she'll accidentally end up dead trying to have sex!
Bella having sex with Jacob never crossed my mind....I personally think that she made her choice between him and Edward in Eclipse and I think sex would breech that. I guess it's possible, though. I certainly hope she doesn't die trying to have sex with Edward. I think that Edward at least will be EXTREMELY careful. I bet he's still gonna try and get out of it. Bella at least would die happy though. LOL!
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
so i love like all of these theories, especially the one where jacob imprints on angela. i love that. its very unexpected and i think it would be really sweet. i can imagine how jealous bella will be though.

yeah, edward wont be able to get her pregnant, but wow, jacob, never thought about that.
I don't think bella will run off and have sex with jacob, cause that doesnt seem like her character, but if she did, and she got pregnant, wow, talk about unexpected twists!!
that would totally change everything!!

one thing i dont quite understand yet, is the whole midsummer night's dream. i dont understand the story so its hard for me to relate it to twilight and how they will relate.

alycarp, your like list of people who you think will die scares me!! i dont want any of those people to die!! although, i will agree with the jacob one. i love jacob absolutely to death! but still think something may happen to him.. *tears*
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
julijac i liked ur 1st idea.
although i h8 myself 4 sayin this theory:
but say jake comes back b4 bella gets married they hav sex and then she marries edward anyway but jake dies (donno how) bella finds out shes pregnant and she keeps the baby and edward helps raise the baby.
i dnt like this idea but i think it would b very interestin twist.
hope jake imprints on some1 soon.
h8 bella 4 being soo fickle.
i love edward.
thought of another idea jake becomes an vamp and bites bella himself rather than edward i hope not tho
That's interesting. Are werewolves even able to become vampires? Since Jacob is already kind of super human would that make him a super vampire that can change into a wolf whenever plus some extra power? That's a whole lot of possibilities!
As her child with Jacob would be a werewolf--direct decedent--it would make everything much more interesting. I really wouldn't want Jacob to die though.
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
I was just thinking about the oops that edward says. SM has said that the vampire fulids become venmon, what if when they TRY it is not that he bit her but they they had sex and she gets turned that way...

But I can see Jake crashing the wedding and Edward steps aside to let Jake marry Bella, I can see the noble man in Edward, to have Bella have the human life to give up on his love. to prove that his love for Bella is so grand that all he wants is for Bella to have a normal life. Maybe the image of Bella in the mirror is of Edward coming to be with her in her last days, to spend thier last moments together, to die together, to show that he still loved her no matter how old she was and that his love was indeed the love that all of us wish for, a love from some that has no limits, to be loved for what we are no matter what, we only dream for that kind of love
last edited over a year ago
i dnt think edward would let bella go unless she said let me go.
I agree wild-child11. I don't ever see Edward leaving her again unle SHE said so, which I don't really see happening. As for your idea for Bella getting changed Dangergirll, some part of me was totally against her getting changed that way! In fact I kinda said EW! That is not romantic at all!
lol spezlee
I had thought the same thing about being changed that way, but pushed it aside. I like twisted thinking like that. The only problem is I think it would take a lot longer than 3 days.
she would enyjoy it more, and hopefully no pain,

But I have a new reason to hate jake, i was just rereading eclipse for the 6th time when I came accross the you like him for his looks and money, How do you fall for such an ass..

.OH wait, i did... so ok I can see it, but still I did not have someone like edward following me around with gogo eyes,
I talked to my best friend about your theory Dangergirrl and she had the exact opposite reaction of me. She LOVED the idea. She thinks that this is the perfect solution and cleans the story up nicely.

I thought about it though, and poor Bella would probably be put off sex for quite a while! Its too much fun watching Edward deflect her advances!
over a year ago coyote86 said…
Man if Bella and Edward could have a baby that kid would be like a super Vamp. Who knows it could come out as a type or hybrid baby vampire? Although i'm not sure that Eddie can father kids right now. According to every other vamp lore they can't once they are turned. But who knows. I think that their baby would be the perfect assassin he/she would be able to read everyones thoughts but not pop up on anyones radar!!! That would be awesome....
as the day gets closer to ths book the less sleep I am getting. I hope that SM finishes this story with very few deaths, I hatted potter when so many died. I think if half of the cullen clain dies I would be heart broken, but it would be intresting is sam and lea die defending each other agenst the vamps from the north and the volturi come in and jake ends up imprinting on emily becuse he is now the new alpha
As I finished Eclipse, again, I remembered something that I'd thought when I first read it. On page 548 Edward is talking to Victoria. Here is the conversation: "Look more closely, Victoria," he murmured, pulling at the threads of her concentration. "Is he really so much like the monster James tracked across Siberia?" Her eyes popped wide open, and then began flickering wildly from Edward to Seth to me, around and around. "Not the same?" she snarled in her little girl's soprano. "Impossible!"
As we remember, after the 3rd wife died, Taha Aki never returned. Obviously he went to Siberia and if it wasn't him directly, it was his descendants. That could explain who Jacob might end up with--tell me what you think.
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
huh? i dont understand. who are you implying he ends up with? i dont really understand. lol.
over a year ago olderthanedward said…
I hate to knock out a theory here, but Stephenie Meyer is Mormon and she has said that this DOES affect how she writes. Bella will not have sex with Jacob unless by some horrific twist of fate she ends up marrying Jacob. Also, if you read her FAQ's on Eclipse, she points out that "Bella made her choice." So we already know that Bella chose Edward. I think it's VERY possible that Jacob will imprint on Angela, an idea that I'm excited about and hope it comes to fruition. However, I think Bella sleeping with Jacob is a non-option.
angela has ben tho, he should imprint on some1 else, some1 new or mayb jessica coz her love life isnt perfect.
i think her being mormon affects her to some point but not extremely. bella has been asking edward for sex outside of marriage for quite some time now. also, the cullens can be quite cold and violent. both of which do not follow along the lines of the mormon church.
over a year ago Riptide said…
has anyone thought much about the eoilouge for breaking dawn? well I have and I got a theroy from it could it be that she was thinking that as she was turning into a vampire by edward? what do you think?

p.s. for everyone who says that Jacob might imprint on angela i dont think that it will happen. Becuase remember in Eclipse he came to Bella's school im rather sure even if it was a glance around the kids there he would have seen angela and imprinted right there and then
My earlier suggestion was that there are other werewolves in Siberia. See above quote for understanding. Maybe when they are aware of the other werewolves, Jacob will fall in love with one of them. I still like him best with Angela though, as I said a page ago. Yes, Riptide, I definitely think the epilogue for Breaking Dawn was about him turning her into a vampire.
over a year ago lheck0410 said…
okay so here's the deal:

on some other live discussion i was reading that if bella were to get pregnant (she couldn't with edward, because all of his bodily fluids-sperm- turn to venom when he was changed) and then be turned into a vampire.. SM said that she would stay pregnant for the rest of the time she was a vampire-so basically until she died.

so that wraps up that theory... although that would be really interesting about the whole bella being changed when edward and her have sex.. because we know that it will happen.. i just wonder when.

also would if she were to have sex with jacob after she was changed.. would if bella bit jacob.. what would he turn into??

oh and i hope jake comes back .. :( i cant imaging this book with just edward and bella. it would still be good but it needs that confusion about her love to make it super interesting.

just some ideas to think about.. :)
riptide, I also think that it's about her being changed. But, I think that with Stephenie Meyer you never know!