Twilight Series If Edward really wanted to kill himself…

Hollygirl757 posted on Sep 03, 2011 at 08:49PM
Ok, so for some reason this just popped into my head this morning, but if Edward really wanted to kill himself at the end of New Moon why didn’t he just go to the werewolves? It seems like it would have been a lot simpler to just go back to Forks and cross into Quileute land and have them kill him than go all the way to Italy and ask pretty please of the Volturi. The wolves would have been happy to do it. Has anyone else given this any thought?

Twilight Series 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago zanesaaomgfan said…
Um.. Okay, I see where you're going with this, but Edward wanted the Volturi to take his life, and since they didn't want to, he wanted to expose himself to the world so the Volturi will have no choice.

If your question is WHY he didn't go to the werewolves, I don't know if they would enjoy killing a friend's boyfriend. I think he'll have to tick them off first...

I'm not sure 100% but this is my best guess.
over a year ago Hellohoudini said…
Edward was too descent of a guy to do that...I'm sure that had the wolves had killed Edward...word would have gotten back to Tanya and her family and then the word would have gotten back to the Volturi and they probably would have tried to take the whole pack out...Edward would never have let things go that way....he had too much respect for Sam and the rest of the wolves
over a year ago Hollygirl757 said…
But we're talking about New Moon here not Eclipse. I don't think the Cullen's really cared all that much about the wolves at that point. Besides, if Edward broke the rule and went onto their land then neither the Cullen's or Tanya's family could really say much about it. Rules are rules.
over a year ago rbweasley said…
If he really wanted to kill himself, couldn't he have just walked into a fire or something?