Twilight Series Breaking Dawn Official Poster/Cover

layla_14 posted on May 25, 2008 at 10:34AM
Any theories about what the cover means?
Because I don't have any, I don't know what the chessboard is supposed to mean?

But I love the quote!

link
last edited on May 25, 2008 at 10:35AM

Twilight Series 23 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I absolutly <3 the quote aswell!!!! I think the chessboard is meant to represent how Edward and Jacob are fighting tactically for Bella and maybe it's like checkmate for Bella- either she becaomes a vampire or she doesn't.

I don't know if that's complete and utter rubbish but that's y first thought :)
over a year ago xXEimearDHXx said…
I'll just repost what I posted underneath the pic. :):

For realz....??
That's different, anyway - the other covers don't have nearly as many components (it's why I thought it was a fake at first). Maybe this book is busier?

I have a few theories with the cover art. Maybe the red pawn is the 'old' Bella, and the queen is the 'new' Bella, ie vampire Bella? Maybe it has something more to do with a checkmate, like the final move or something. End game. Anyone want to make a foum topic? Lol.

(I guess this is the forum topic!)
over a year ago neeki said…
xXEimearDHXx that's an excellent theory. It's a pretty fitting choice for a front cover then isn't it? It's growing on me lol.

Do you guys think the whole "queen" thing could also have to do with what her special gift is as a vamp? I'm thinking she's going to be quite powerful.
over a year ago Michellebob said…
WOW!! the cover is amazing! I need to think about it for a while. it could mean so many things!

Neeki thats a brilliant theory about the vampire power!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago cheergeek said…
uhhh..... I don't know I thought it would look nicer, I don't understand it either. But it might be the whole "Bella's a powerful queen thing"

I don't like the quote, it seems like something she would say everyday.
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
I think that the quote means that she is transforming and Edward is like sorta scared for her. He gives her a hug to make her know that the are together forever.

As for the cover.....I really, really have no idea.
over a year ago shortynme said…
At first I thought the quote was when he was going to changer her, but I kind of get the impression it's on the wedding night. . .
As to the chess peices, I haven't a clue! lol I know the rules of chess, having played it my whole life, but I don't get what they could mean. They could mean nothing (like New Moon's cover) and we're all reading into it WAY too much! How did you guys get the cover, the special edition of Eclipse isn't relieased yet. . . jerks lol I love you guys!
over a year ago layla_14 said…
There are some good theories here, I really like what neeki said and xXEimearDHXx I thought those were really good theories.
over a year ago xXEimearDHXx said…
Hey guys, call me Eimear. ;)

Neeki, I'd really love to see Bella becoming incredibly powerful. Just to see her pwn Emmett in a wrestling match, or be faster than Alice or even to be able to carry Edward around on *her* back for a while (JK.!). It would be so cool to see Bella struggling with her new powers, whatever they may be. I'm thinking the Volturi will most definitely play a BIG part in this book, especially if Bella becomes powerful - they're uneasy enough about the Cullens, but Bella too?

Shortnyme, I think it's the wedding night too. That's something Bella really really wants, and has already shown she doesn't really see the dangers it could bring about. If it was her transformation, then the two of them would be trying to calm each other down. The "Forever" throws me off, though.....

Hey, I know! Stephenie, the most awesomest writer in the universe, if you're reading this, which you could be - you spend a lot of time on your computer (we hope!!!), please please send us an advance copy of Breaking Dawn (and Edward Cullen while you're at it) so we can sort this out once and for all, and stop being so bamboozled, and so we can be snooty-know-it-alls and tease the rest of the fandom! Bear hugs & icy kisses! The Fanpop Twilighters.

Guys, I'm guessing if the artwork is online, the 1st chapter will be out there somewhere.....

*resists urge to Google it*
*shakes like a junkie*

lol

(OMG. Sorry for the unnecessarily long post! Jeepers, I can rant for Ireland)
over a year ago Twilight_Guru said…
-freaks out-

SHE IS GOING TO PICK JACOB!

Oh god.
I have an odd feeling that the little excerpt is with Jacob, not Edward.

I seriously started hyperventalating.

'I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.'

There is NO f*cking way this could've been with Edward because she already was positive they belonged together. Oh no no no no no nooooo.
posted 4 minutes ago.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment? YES NO
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
Hey, Twilight_Guru did you read my forum? Is that how you got the jake idea?
Oi vey!!! you people are overthinking it!!!!!!!!

over a year ago funnyshawna said…
xXEimearDHXx, i think that you are right. that does make sense. and if u wanna hear my thinking on the jacob? issue, then go to the Could it be jacob? forum.
over a year ago deans_gurl said…
i don't think it is jacob...why would he be scared of their relationship?
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
omgosh! You lot have seriously freaked me out because it makes sense! OMG POOR EDWARD!
...why would he be scared of their relationship?

because she's a vampire. But still, it isn't Jacob.
over a year ago jupiterfaerie said…
SM stated that BD would be like A Midsummer Night's Dream ... I'm a huge Shakespeare fan and in the play the couples are switched around because of a fairy love potion gone wrong.

This may very well be about Jacob. I was contemplating that even before the cover because of the Midsummer reference.

Do i think that Bella will end up with Jacob? No. At the end of Midsummer Night's Dream the couples are put back together as they should be.

I don't think SM would build us up and not give her readers what they want - it's always been Bella and Edward.

Besides - Jacob hasn't imprinted on Bella so that ship has sailed.
over a year ago Sinner21 said…
Oh God I totally thought the cover meant she is going to choose Jacob!!! Until I read all those comments about the pawn becoming a queen when it crosses the board!!!! And the quote so sounds like she will become a vampire!! The "wire" might be when he actually bites her!!!! It kind of looks like she has moved away into the distance for life and Jacob=white!!! Into the dark unknown of immortality=red!!
over a year ago shayshay741 said…
Omg nonono NO!
She cannot choose jacob, no matter how much i or anyone wants her to!
Jacob may be her soul mate, but edward is a whole different story. He goes waaaay beyond soul mate. Okay for all of you who think that bella would do okay with jacob.... read this fanfic.

-link

NOW!!!

ehh. I don't read fanfics. For anything.

But she doestn't stay with Jacob. And that wouldn't any sense if she were even to go back to him. Eclipse would be worth nothing..
over a year ago pmartinez9 said…
I agree with the queen theory, I really hope that's what it is. Or something.. but I don't want Bella to end up with Jacob by any chance! That phrase can't be Jacob. The whole central point of this saga is the everlasting love between Edward and Bella. If she ends up with another guy that would be corrupting the main theme of this story, that's why it has become so famous. I love every book and Edward and Bella need to be together.
over a year ago burnedivory said…
I like the idea of her being a pawn and becoming a queen but I was just wondering about checkmate... Like in chess a queen can force checkmate without the help of her king... So technically the queen is the most powerful player on the board... at least thats what I think.
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
i don't think that it's jake in the quote cuz in the new EW interview Stephanie said that Edward and Bella DO IN FACT get married!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY...*goes on for infinity*