Edward protecting Bella from Victoria
The final trailer for Eclipse was released earlier today. I'm sure everyone has watched it now. I saw it earlier today and it's finally sunken in. Since I did a review on the first trailer, I thought I should do a review on this one too :)
My overall thought on the trailer? I loved it!
The cinematography, again, is beautiful. More so than New Moon! However, I have to point this out: Like the other movies, there is a certain color tone to this movie.
If you have seen the director, David Slade's, other works such as '30 Days of Night', it has a grayish tint. From the first trailer and the recent trailer, it looks like there will be a grayish-blue tint in Eclipse. Do you like or hate the tint?
Again, the landscapes are beautiful! And the taglines, I will talk about them later on :)
I can't really say anything without repeating myself from my earlier review, so let's move onto the review of the scenes!
Positives first! and I'll try and go in order haha
- (0:08-0:10) Again, clean and neat logo. Then fades into the landscaping. More of the cooler tones with a hint of warm in the top left corner. I love that. So pretty!
- (0:21-0:23) The Seattle nightlight overview is different and darker than the other movies. It gives more of a realistic touch to the trailer and I love that! In New Moon, we saw Italy. But, it was so extravagant, a completely different culture, that it seemed almost mythical. However, the shot with Seattle, it's the city. It's not secluded, it's in a populated area and it gives an earthly feel, completely opposite of the two previous movies. Also, Edward's voice-over is great here too.
- (0:24-0:27) I like that they showed Riley being attacked. It shows that it's not all about sexy, hot guys. It adds a touch of danger to the movie. And, I like how it isn't revealed who is attacking him. Although, if you've read the books, which most of you have, you know who it is! haha I also like Riley's crying out in pain. Again, it's pointing out the danger.
- (0:46-0:48) The werewolves look great! Improved alot since New Moon.
- (0:54-0:58) Riley and the newborns emerging form the water... I'm not going to lie. When I first saw set pictures of this, I was afraid it would look cheesy. It had the potential to be either cheesy or chilling. And I thought it was rather chilling! haha But for the movie, we can't know for sure, depending on the score. Sometimes if the music is terrible, then the intention of the scene dies. Example: the Jasper snapping at Bella scene in New Moon. The music was awful there and it took away the intensity and horror of the scene in my opinion.
- (1:05-1:09) Both newborns and the Cullens running toward each other... talk about EPIC! I loved that they put that in and panned to Jasper's face. I don't know whether they were intentionally trying to show Jasper in the lead, but I'm glad he is. He takes the reigns and shows everyone how to fight the newborns and I liked that they panned to his face before cutting to another tagline.
- (1:11) I absolutely LOVE that we get to see Alice. Ashley Greene talked about how the Cullen's traits and mannerisms were shown in their fighting and their style, and her movement there in that second was very elegant and graceful. I was very pleased with that snippet.
- (1:14) One of my favorite parts of the trailer... Edward giving Bella the ring. That thing is massive though!
- (1:17-1:18) Victoria is being chased by Jasper. I just think it looks hardcore! I thought it had to be touched on a little in this review!
- (1:20-1:24) I think my favorite part of this trailer. Victoria is closing in on them. Edward guarding Bella. Then him pushing down the tree. Hardcore stuff! However, I don't remember there being that much snow in the book. I'll have to re-read but if memory serves, I don't think there was that much snow described. But as long as the scene is good, it won't matter to me. And if you look closely, when Edward is pushing the tree, his shirt has snow on it. I'm thinking the battle between him, Victoria and Riley had already ensued :) And another thing... look closely at 1:27-1:28... you can see wolf Seth tearing up Riley!
- (0:11-0:20) I don't
hate this part, but I thought as an introduction, it wasn't the best. It could have been better I think. However, they showed the atmosphere of all three characters here: tense. There's no light moments when the three are together. Fire and Ice aren't compatable.
- (0:31) I'm sorry, but Carlisle's line, "Someone's creating an army", sounds British. I don't know if it's intentional or accidental, but Carlisle is not supposed to have an accent. Lol
- (1:29-1:32) I wouldn't consider this a 100% negative, but more of an observation. I love the concept of it. However, it does look like CGI. I hope it looks better in the movie. I mean, it still looks great, but it could be improved on. :)
I know I don't have some scenes included here, but I was indifferent about those and didn't really have anything to say about them.
The taglines, I thought were mild. It didn't tell of the storyline, but more of what is awaiting. Like "The motion picture phenomenon"..."The world is waiting for". There's going to be alot packed in this movie, that's for sure.
This trailer was filled with action. The first trailer, we got the love triangle. This one, it was more action-centered. I love all movies: Romance, action, comedy, etc. And action is a huge part of this movie. However, alot of people were diappointed that there wasn't any romance in this trailer. I, too, wanted more romance. *cough*Edward-and-Bella-in-bed*cough*....
But, I understand that Summit is trying to broaden the audience and try to appeal to more people other than Twilight fans. However, I don't think they could broaden the audience more! The fanbase is already huge. The box office always milks in money. The Twilight Series is Summit's cashcow. They're going to get money no matter what. However, Summit is always trying to milk it dry.
So this is my review! I was very much pleased with this trailer. As for the length, I thought it should have been longer since it was announced the final and theatrical trailer. However, some sites are introducing it as a "teaser 2"... So, guess we'll have to wait and see!
Comments are encouraged! If you agree, comment! If you disagree, comment! Love hearing input :)
The world is waiting...