Because that goes completely against what Twilight IS.
The entire story is about Bella and Edward being together forever, and their love for each other being so strong that it basicly can't even fit in the human world.
That would just go against everything in the story and about everything. That would be such a boring story. "And then Edward drank a magic potion that makes him human and then they die. The End."
You see my point?
Everyone would've just been so disappointed. The fact that they are vampires MAKES the story. It IS a vampire story. It just wouldn't be the same. That's like saying, "Why didn't Stephenie just write that Jacob and Edward fell in love and killed Bella?" (Exreme example, I'm just being difficult, lol).
It's just not at all faithful to the story line.
Sorry if I sound rude or anything, it's not meant to sound that way. I like hearing new things like this, new perspectives, or thoughts, so don't think that I hate you or some crazy thing, lol. =)
I was thinking the same thing just last night. Let Edward become human, but then i thought that will be just too boring. Like it was mentioned before, that will make the story loose the magic.
I like the way things are going now, just wish that Edward will get on with it an turn Bella!!
How would there be any plausable way to make him 'magically' human again? It's more believeable, as believeable as any of this stuff is anyway, to just turn her into a vampire so they can live together in love and happiness etc etc forever.
because it makes their love stronger.
him being a vampire witha tender heart.
and her being a fragile human.
he learns so much form and she learns from him.
and that the fact that they are each others first love.
That would just be against Twilight there wud have been no point in the books.
1. There would be no Werewolves.
2. That wouldnt have worked for the Volturi's part because there would have been no Renesmee problem.
3. The volturi would have come to discover if Bella was a Vamp and found Edward a human they would have killed them both cause humans are not supposed to know abou them.
4. Edward had already said if he could turn human again for Bella he would, but there isnt so he cant.
5. There is nothing wrong with Bella being turned into a Vampire, they are together forever. With Renesmee and Jacob is eventually ok with Bella being a Vampire and becomes happy again... so i think everything worked out fine without Edward being a human again.