Travel Visiting England

NinjaMinkey posted on Mar 03, 2008 at 06:34AM
I'm going to be spending 20 days in England in May. While I'm cash poor I'm willing to ruff it but this is my first trip abroad by myself and would love any tips or insight.
thanks muchly.
save

Travel 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Oh my. I could write you a book. (Well in fact I have one in the works. HA!)

London is pricey so just stay there a few days to do all the cool touristy crap like the Tower of London.

DO take a boat tour on the Thames.

If you are going to see Stonehenge, then be sure to also see Avebury. Stonehenge is the most publicized henge, but Avebury is older and bigger... and free. Also, you can walk among the stones all you like.
over a year ago NinjaMinkey said…
Cool thanks the main thing is i don't know how hostals work.
I've never stayed in one, but my daughter has.

It's like a Dorm, according to her. You have rooms with lots of cots and lockers, and a shared bathroom. A lot of them do have private rooms for a bit more money though. You just have to ask.

She loves them. They're very cheap... but you do have to be leery of your belongings getting snatched while you're out and about... she has never had her stuff go missing, but others have.
Well if they have lockers then i should be fine, thanks I appreciate the help. I can wait to get there.:)
So. Are you all ready for your trip now? Getting close...
all i really need to do is pack and get my finaces in order. i figure i'll leave with 50 pounds 50 euros and the rest in travelers checks
over a year ago shubh said…
Try to reduce your stay period as England is not cheap. Living cost also depends upon the area to be visited. However, you may stay there in cheap hostels and can use local public transport. www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/england or www.yha.org.uk/ or www.hostelworld.com/countries/englandhoste­ls.­htm­l etc may be good source to search the most appropriate according to your personal requirements.
over a year ago siennabrandy said…
smile
Hello..
England is one of the best place to visit for a holiday.. I appreciate you choose the destination, the attractions of the place is really nice.. I have been there and I stayed for a week, it was an awesome time being there.. Have a great time!