The X-Files How old were you when you started watching the X Files?

JstSmA posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 07:37PM
Ok so The X Files season 1 started airing in 1993. I was just 2 yrs old at the time lol. So I obviously didn't started watching it back then :)
I'm actually rather new to the whole X Files world :) I just started watching the episodes about 6 months ago (starting with the Pilot) and fell in love with them immediately!
How about you?
When did you first start watching the XF and how old were you at the time? Which episode did you first see?

The X-Files 33 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cicino1 said…
Im Like You I Started Watching It 6 months Ago (Starting With IWTB)Then I Bought The DVD's And Watched All The Episodes And Ive Bee Obbessed Ever Since :)
over a year ago JstSmA said…
Yeah once you start watching you can't stop haha :D
I started with the Pilot and the first thing I noticed was Scully's weird wardrobe :D lol
smile
Yh After I Watched IWTB I Started Watching It From The Start And DD & GA Looked So Different I Really Liked Them In IWTB , But I Loveeddddddddddd Them In The Pilot And Got Obbessed With Them :)
I remember promos for the show that I've seen on TV and I always thought that it must be a pretty scary show lol :)
but then I became a huge fan of Bones and since that show is always being compared to XF I decided to give it a try :D Glad I did :D :D
smile
I Rember Every1 At My School Saying How Good The XFiles Was But I Was Obbessed Friends Then So I Didnt Care About Any Other Shows :)
I Actually Got in2 accident I Was Bored And So I Just Put On This Random Movie And It Was IWTB I Really Got In2 It lol :) Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Glad I Did Nw :)
over a year ago lilith84 said…
I think I was around 11 or something. My first episode was Ice. My mom let me stay up a little longer one Friday night and I was channel surfing and came upon this show and I was immidiately hooked. Thank goodness for re-runs during the summer, because back then there were no DVDs and I had no internet to watch the earlier episodes. It's been 15 years since then and I think I love the show even more now than I did back then. I love it to the point where I had an X and a quote from the show tattooed on my body :)

XF aired in Poland first a bit later than in US, so that's why it's been 'only' 15 years.
last edited over a year ago
wow you were really young when you started watching :)
Where do you have your tatooes?
I have the X on my lower back link

and the quote around my wrist link
link
last edited over a year ago
It looks really cool! I especially like the X :)
I've been thinking of getting a tattoo myself (probably my wrist). But I haven't decided yet :)
Which part of Poland are you from? I've been there once but I've only been to Warsaw. Man that city is beautiful! I loved it and I could understand some Polish since our languages have a lot of similarities :)
heart
Love Ya Tattoos Lilith♥
thanks cicino.

@JstSmA, I hate Warsaw, it's too big, too loud and too dirty. I come from north of Poland, from town that name is too difficult to pronounce for everybody but polish people ;) you can check my profile and google it on the map :)
over a year ago Mercury13 said…
heart
I believe i started watching when I was 7 or 8 years since I was 4 when it premiered. I own all the dvds and the two movies, hoping for a third.
over a year ago Bella_Lestrange said…
heart
I was about six years old when I saw The X - Files for the first time and... I hated it ;D But about two years ago I watched it again and I changed my mind. Now I love it ;)
over a year ago xgirl101 said…
smile
I remember watching like little scenes when I was a kid and I remember what Scully looked like.. But When I started to watch it was about when the new movie came out... And hen I bought the 1st season and the 2nd and the 3rd and etc. :)
over a year ago pipermaru said…
i started to watch at thirten i think
love the tattoos lilith
i have one sanskrit on my wrist,just like Gillian,only mine sais believe,so it's Gilly and Xfies releted
maybe you could show us a pic? I love when people get XF related tattoos :)
sure
here it is
[IMG]link
awesome tattoo!! :D
thank you!
over a year ago X_Files_Fan said…
Like the original poster, i was only 2 years old when The X Files started airing. I watched my first episode (a few episodes into the first season) about the beginning of 2009. Me and mum flicked on the tv one day and it was just beginning and she said I would love it since i like CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds etc, and i did! but it was on at such an incovenient time, during the day while i was at school, that i didnt watch anymore til the winter july holidays,when i once again flicked on the tv an it was on, it was the first episode of season 8 and i got hooked. I have seen every episode atleast once and the movies countless times. I own the series on DVD, have for almost a year now :)
over a year ago nailseabelle said…
God I feel so old reading all your replies! I started watching the X Files in 2008 for something to do while recovering from a serious operation. Bought the whole series and the first film on DVD. I loved it and have been hooked ever since. I was(cough)53 years old at the time. Completly avoided watching it when it first aired on UK TV in the 90's but regret that now.
over a year ago iwanttobelive said…
laugh
i wuz like. . . . . . 9 or 10
heart
@nailseabelle it doesn't matter how old you are, all that matters is that you're a philie :)
over a year ago laurik2007 said…
Hmmm mine's a little complicated:))

I was so little, maybe 5 or 6 when they were airing it on tv in my country so I remember watching and loving it....At the time it made me believe in aliens lol.It was always a sweet memory of my childhood.
So last year i downloaded all 9 season to watch them again bacause honestly I didn't remember anymore,being so little,and i ran out of stuff to watch so ... I started watching....In one month I finished them :)) I was that obsessed

Amazing Stuff❤
over a year ago michellexf4ever said…
heart
I started watching The X-Files when I was maybe 6 or 7 or 8...since I was 4 when it premiered.
over a year ago sweeteepie4ever said…
big smile
I was 13 or 14 years old when i started watching the x files. I first started watching it on it's 3rd season. because everyone was telling me in school how great the show was so when i turned it on that friday night, i was hooked and i'm still hooked this day!!
over a year ago mellissastinson said…
big smile
I was about 8-10 I haven't been hooked for that long I was sat in the living room with my mum who was watching it ad she said to me just sit down and watch it and I did and after that I looked to see what times it was on and I set it to record and watched it and became well and truely hooked and still am now (the first ever episode I watched was Trevor just in case anyone is interested lol) xx
over a year ago xphile1 said…
I watched and episode when i was twenty i loved it but never had cable again.LOL I picked up thd seasons on DVD now re watch them all about one a year. Cangt wait for them on blu ray.If that ever happens
over a year ago QWElaine said…
Well, I started to watch not so long ago, this year' s February, I think. I was 16 with less than a month until my 17th birthday at that time.
over a year ago SangRising said…
I started watching X files when I was 12. Casually watched few episodes on and off till I saw "Duane Berry". I was completely and incorrigibly obsessed about the x files and Mulder and Scully for life.
over a year ago Makeupdiva said…
I think I started watching it when I was like 7 or 8.