You know, well-groomed hands tell the world you take care of yourself, they are the expression of femininity and youthfulness. How to have healthy and beautiful hands? It's not that difficult!
Here are some tips to keep your hands looking great!
1. Decide that you are going to stop. Pick a day and say that's it. No more nibbling. Now here are a few little ways to help.
2. There are some bitter tasting liquids that can painted onto the nails. I don't know anyone who actually liked the taste, so this is going to slow you down and give your nails a little time to start growing.
3. The minute you wash your hands, re-apply the liquid mentioned above. This will also focus attention on your hands and the nails which should be visible by now.
4. Keep an emery board in every room and one in your backpack or purse. The minute you notice a snag, use the emery board and not your teeth.
5. Buy a few bottles of pretty polish and some hand cream. You are going to keep your nails polished and your hands soft. In a weeks time, you are going to notice a difference.
6. Once a biter, always a biter. I have stopped, but it only takes a snag for me to revert back to old habits. I have to follow these tips too.
7. You might have been looking for a magical way to stop biting your nails, but I'm afraid that there is no such thing. You simply have to put your mind to it and stop!
8. Will power is an amazing thing. If you want something badly enough, you can do it. If you want pretty nails, you are the only person who can stop it from happening.
A few other tricks:
Hangnails… No Thanks
Tonight, before you go to bed, massage your hands with your favorite hand cream. Be sure to start at the wrists and go right down to the fingertips. Not only will your hands be softer, you will be controlling the development of new hangnails.
Foods That Will Help Your Nails
Foods that are rich in iron, calcium, vitamin B and potassium are as good for your nails as they are for the rest of your body. They include soy products, bananas, celery, yogurt, eggs and seafood too.
Saving The Nails
It is really easy to pick up some bad habits. The worst are using your nails as tools. Several years ago when phones had dials, it was a really hard on your nails but everyone dialed with their nails. Luckily, punching in the numbers, as long as you use the pads of your fingers, is much easier on the nails. Start watching how you use your nails today, so that you can drop these bad habits.