The Vampire Diaries Spread the Love Thread!

TVD_Lover posted on Jul 01, 2011 at 01:08AM
This is a thread where everyone posts what they like about EVERY couple on The Vampire Diaries, to promote understanding and peace between shippers. Write your appreciation for as many couples as possible, even if you don't ship them! Spread the Love! NO BASHING! :)
(credit goes to @teamcastiel for the idea!)
last edited on Jul 01, 2011 at 01:12AM

The Vampire Diaries 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TVD_Lover said…
kiss
Here's my (very lengthy) response!

Stelena: how they saved each other. I mean, COME ON, in the beginning, they DID. Elena was heartbroken over the loss of her parents, and Stefan came and showed her that love and life DID go on. And she saved him, time after time. And their scenes can be romantic, sweet, or heartbreaking. Sure, it's not the most EXCITING couple (for me, personally, but I'm sure that MANY people find their relationship very exciting and I respect and understand that!) but they can be cute and funny. For example, one of my favorite scenes in the entire show: when Elena is staring at Stefan when she's lying in bed, and he asks her why she's staring, and it goes something along the lines of "I think it's romantic" "I think it's creepy". It was so cute :)

Delena: Oh god, time to explain my OTP, which is something I always have the hardest time doing. I can't even EXPLAIN my immense love for DE. Okay, I love them because Elena is the only person to ever, EVER, crack into Damon's heart and soul and wiggle herself in there, EVEN when Damon didn't want her to. Over time, he found her in there and said "hey, how in the hell did THIS happen? When did I become this person? When did I start to CARE?" Elena brings out everything in Damon that is HUMAN, that ALLOWS him and ACCEPTS him for who he used to be, who he really is deep down, not who he PRETENDS to be. She pushes him to be this person he lost when he first met Katherine, and he becomes the person who is WORTHY of love. He's her protector, her most beloved, her one true half and twin flame. They fight, they go back and forth, sometimes they hurt each other with the things they say, and it NEVER works out the way they want it to, but at the end of the day, NO ONE ELSE can release that PASSION in Damon and Elena than they can. And they will always be there. Fighting, yelling, screaming, hugging, understanding, and loving. That, THAT, is what makes me love Damon and Elena so much.

Bamon: how Damon unintentionally DID start caring for her! Perfect example; 2x18, while he was worried about protecting Elena, he DID also care about keeping Bonnie alive. He spent time trying to fake out Klaus to keep Bonnie and everyone else safe, and now they really do trust one another! And Bonnie and Damon keep each other on their toes, they don't really know how far they can push, they test boundaries and sometimes it ends up TERRIBLY, but then sometimes they gain this newfound respect and appreciation for each other. And while they still bug the CRAP out of each other, they challenge each other. Sometimes they challenge each other to be better, sometimes they challenge each other to be worse, and sometimes they just FIGHT, but the CHALLENGE is what makes their journey so immensely intriguing and TRULY entertaining to watch. And while I don't necessarily see them as a couple, I absolutely adore their friendship and mutual respect and appreciation, as well as caring for each other.

Forwood: Oh GOD, how can I explain? The head cheerleader. The football player. Both starting out incredibly misunderstood and spewed a little bit of hatred from fans. They both were UNWILLINGLY turned into these...beasts and they had NO ONE! They had NO ON AT ALL! And they FOUND each other...they found each other when no one else cared enough to look. Their chemistry, their heat, and their undeniable and extremely loving and incredible relationship was enough to make me ship them the FIRST second I saw Caroline pull an emotional and heartbroken Tyler into a small, friendly embrace. Somewhere along the way, it turned into more. So much more. I just love them too much for words, it's so hard to explain!

Catt: Oh gosh, I will ALWAYS care about Catt. Matt, this sweet, puppy-dog, who was still HEAD OVER HEELS for Elena found this drunken, emotional girl, a head cheerleader who's incredibly bitchy and manipulative, but also bubbly and quirky and with many redeeming qualities, and all he does is be a perfect gentleman, scoop her up, take her home, and while many other men would be scared off by the vulnerability of a drunk girl, he stayed the night with her. He kept trying and trying with her, even when she was a vampire (he did not know this yet) and was acting like "a neurotic control freak on crack". But in the end, he DID tell the Sheriff about her and everyone else, putting all of his friends and his GIRLFRIEND in danger. BUT, he DID say to Sheriff Forbes that he wasn't certain that Caroline was gone. You could tell, he saw the Caroline he fell in love with over and over again, but it was just too much. And he couldn't handle it anymore, and he had to end it. But no matter what, my heart will always be a little soft for some Catt scenes. :)

Steferine: It was Stefan's first love, and Katherine's first SINCERE love since she turned. The fact of the matter is, Katherine NEVER compelled Stefan to love him, and Stefan KNOWS that, he just won't admit it to himself! And Stefan is the ONLY person who makes Katherine HUMAN again, and it's beautiful. Their transitions around each other, the way they talk and threaten and joke and almost kill and communicate and tease and undeniably love is indescribable and I can hardly explain my love for these two. She makes him feisty, interesting, fun and SEXY. I just love their scenes together, just LOVE them.

Beremy: WHAT a shock! I was like "Mmmmm, Jeremy be lookin GOOOD!" and apparently Bonnie was thinking the same! Hahahahaha, I DO love this couple. Bonnie's fire is what really perked Jeremy up and helped him become stronger, he became a fighter, all for Bonnie. He FINALLY got over the terribly saddening losses of both Anna and Vicki, and went for this incredibly beautiful and powerful girl who was there all along, and he never even realized. And Bonnie's initial freak out when she realized she wanted to be with him was SOOOOO FREAKING CUTE, like her "oh my god, I saw this kid when he was like, ten years old! I've known him my whole life! I saw his Bieber swoop phase! I just CAN'T feel this way about him!" But he REALLY made Bonnie bearable, he brings her down a few notches when he needs to, but not EVERYTHING is perfect, which is what I love. The way I look at it: Season 3 is going to make them, or break them, once and for all. I'm seriously hoping for it to make them, because they have A LOT of potential!

Staroline: Awww, every time these two have a scene together I have to squeal and restrain myself from saying "Caroline, smooch him!! You smooch him now!!" even though...well you know the circumstances! Stefan became Caroline's protector, he cleaned her up and helped her, teaching her how to restrain herself against the need for blood, he told her and stayed true to his word that he would never stop caring about her and ALWAYS be there for her. He saved her from the werewolves, got her home safely, and arranged for her friends to help her the entire night because he KNEW when NO ONE ELSE noticed that Caroline was NOT okay and she needed someone. Stefan has always been there for her, and I think unintentionally, he let her into his undead heart and she will always have a place there. They're the best of friends, it's Stefan's new Lexie, and not to mention their chemistry is HOTHOTHOTHOTHOT. I mean, put those two together and the SCREEN goes on fire! I basically ship Caroline with every guy (minus Damon...sorry DC-ers!) and Stefan with every GIRL (minus Elena...sorry SE-ers!)

Datherine: HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT; I mean seriously. Plus, Damon spent 145 YEARS looking for this bitch, and his devotion and love for her made him blind and COMPLETELY willing to forgive and forget that even when he knew the truth about what she did. He accepted her for who she was, a vampire, and never feared her, even though he should have. He accepted that he had to share her with Stefan, even though he wanted her all to himself. And even though Katherine doesn't like to admit it, you can tell in 2x21 that Katherine is incredibly saddened when Damon doesn't even want to say goodbye to her. AND, she brought him the cure, when she didn't even have to, and she let it be known that at ONE point, she DID love them both. I think that's really nice. :)

Ummm, how many more am I missing? Guhhhh, I don't want to write MOOOREEEE! I think I'll leave it at that! Hmmm, that was hard to write, considering I don't even like some of the couples I wrote about (it's easy to guess, I think XD sorry, guys!) But SPREAD LOVE, NOT HATE! WOO!
over a year ago wmTweee said…
big smile
Before I start I just want to say this is a brilliant idea!!!
Okay here goes.

Forwood: I love the idea of them a lot, a love story between a vampire and a werewolf
because it’s the ultimate Romeo and Juliet starcrossed lovers tale. I loved that they’ve become friends and she’s kind of gotten past Tyler’s walls to that vulnerable and lonely him which is really awesome to see because we usually see Tyler being tough or a dick except now we’re finally getting to see more layers of him.

Staroline: I love that you can definitely tell that Stefan cares a great deal for her and I love that he wants to help her so badly and I love how fun their friendship and I love that he can laugh with her and she can laugh him and they can let loose and have a good time. And I love that he protects her and she kind of in essence protects him to. I love that they kind of count on each other for certain things and that they trust each other and I love how he’s like her vampire teacher lol

Steferine: I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this ship so much even though it breaks my heart into tiny little pieces. I love that Katherine really loved Stefan and checked up on him and I love that he was really truly in love with her or in love with a her he didn’t really know but a her nonetheless, I love their molten lava hot chemistry, I love that Katherine came back for him in that 2x04 flashback just to kiss him and tell him that they would be together again. I love how much history they have with each other and I love that she was stefan’s first true love. I love how angry and feisty they become with each other at times, throwing each other against walls/into bushes lol etc.etc because it’s hilarious and sexy. I love that Katherine was deeply affected by what Stefan said to her in the 2x04 flashback (lol if you couldn’t tell 2x04 is one of my FAVE episodes of tvd ever).

Datherine: I love this ship to an insane degree. I love that Katherine came back for him in the finale (even though she didn’t really have to because she’s crazy manipulative like that but she did), just because she owed him one. I love that Damon came for Katherine and gave her vervain, I love their chemistry and how hilarious and kind of heartbreaking they are together. I love that Damon was so in love with her and how he was looking for and trying to find her for a 145 years :O and I love their dynamic. I love that if they didn’t have what they have between them that I could see them really awesome friends.

Stelena: oh god this ship breaks my heart so badly but I do adore it. I love when they touch each other- aka when they hug or when they kiss or when they just have to be in contact with each other just because they love each other and need each other so much. I love that Stefan gave her a choice and didn’t push her to be with him and when she said she didn’t want to he respected him. Speaking of which I love the respect they have for each other and the trust they have for each other. I love how they’ve both been consistently there for each other through thick and thin. I love how they can be cute one minute, adorable the next minute and even sexy after that. I love their chemistry, I love their conversations, I love how they share things with each other and are honest with each other. I love that they will try to protect each other no matter what happens to themselves and I love how selfless they both are with each other and separately.

Jyler: I love their scenes and I loved their friendship (it’s taken a back seat the last half of s2 but I’m hoping it starts up again in s3). I loved how they both draw and I love that Jeremy figured out what was happening with tyler before tyler really did himself and I love how that by itself kind of moved their friendship along. I also love their occasional ust ngl :P.

Catt: Ughh this ship gives me so many feelings that I could burst just thinking about it. I love how fucking adorable they are, how matt went into the woods to save her because he loved her and realized she was still the same caroline that he fell in love with. I Love that he said I love you first and I love how they were that normal teenage high school couple for awhile. And I love that now they’re much more even though they’re not together. I love how much they care for each other and I love how they’ve been through some rocky stuff together but found a way to cope. I love their little speeches :P and I love how she wanted to comfort him when they found his sister’s body and I love how she’s always been there for him (even when he didn’t want to receive some of that…I still love that she was willing to give it just for him).

Beremy: Oh god this ship is so cute to me. I love how much they smile together and how much they laugh together and how freaking adorable they are with each other. I love that he was the first one bonnie told her secret to and that he didn’t betray her trust. I love how hot they are together and how sweet they can be. I love that he’s always willing to protect her and vise versa. I love how fascinated he is with her and with her magical abilities. I love that she loves him. I love that 2x18 scene when he was giving her his ring and how willing he was to give up his own safety for her. I love how they bring light into each other’s lives and I love how close they are.

Bamon: What can I say that hasn’t already been said by me a thousand times about this freaking ship. Um I ADORE IT TO MY VERY CORE. I love their potential, I love their ust, I love their dynamic and their back&forth. I love that he kept her secret and I love how they get under each other’s skin and I love that he calls her judgy and I love that they really and truly fight for the people they love. I love how they kind of understand each other and each other’s motivation. I LOVEEEEEEEEE that he closed her eyes and how pained he looked at seeing her fake-dead body. I love when they kickass together because they make one badass team. I love how different and how similar they are. And I love their relationship (whether they’re frenemies rn or acquaintances or the starting stages of friendship whatever it is I LOVE IT)

Stefonnie: LOVE THIS SHIP. I love their friendship, I love how morally sound they are. I love that he cares about her and she cares about him and I love that they’ve saved each other. I love that whenever he asks for something she does it BECAUSE she trusts him and believes him. I love their dynamic, I love how adorable their scenes were in the first half of s1. I love how centered their scenes were for s2. I love how they can knock sense to each other and I love how they are with each other

Monnie: THIS SHIP IS SO AWESOME AND ADORABLE. And I liked the tiny glimpse of their friendship we got to see in s1 and s2 and I like that he comes to her when he’s really worried about something (i.e: Elena/caroline).

Tonnie: This ship is basically nonexistent, they barely have any scenes together but that doesn’t stop me from shipping the HELL OUT OF IT.
I just really love their potential and the idea of what they could be.

Delena: I love that he trusts her and I love that she cares about him. I love that she’s there for him and that he’s there for her. I love that he cares about her safety and she cares about his. I love that the amount of care he’s developed for her surprised him (i.e: end s1 finale scene). I love that they can have fun with each other in troubled times (i.e: s1 road trip….2x18 dance…um I can’t think of anymore right now but there are probably more). I love how he’s almost always brutally honest and lets her know what’s what.