The Vampire Diaries TV Show Longing for humanity sucks!

rilelen_star posted on Jan 28, 2011 at 10:30PM
Please explain me why in every teenage vampire show vampires are grieving for losing their humanity. Seriously it's getting boring because in every show it's the same old story. When I saw Damon in season 1 I was really excited because it seemed that finally on TV appeared a vampire that doesn't have problems with who he is. He really enjoys being a vampire and proofest that being a undead can be fun. A vampire that takes life as it is and is not wasting it on missing his humanity. But of course in season 2 Damon had to become Edward doppelganger, only sexier, smarter and older. But the line was crossed yesterday, when damon said he missed his humanity. Why on earth there can't be a show in which actually a vampire likes who he is and fully enjoys his/her immortality? It would be a lot more interesting because nowadays we have too much of that longing for humanity thing. Especially that there is nothing special to long for in the first place. The truth is that nowadays vampires in fact don't loose their humanity because if they did so they would be like Nosferatu from the 20'. I think they combine human and vampire nature pretty well.
last edited on Jan 28, 2011 at 10:48PM

The Vampire Diaries TV Show 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ducky8abug said…
Enjoying one's humanity comes with a hefty price! Don't you think?

Imagine living long enough to bury your 80 year-old (elderly) daughter, while you kept the physical traits of a 20 year old barmaid. Imagine the questions that would arise as your friends and relatives aged while you remained ageless. Yes, attaining one's mortality is a burden rather than a gift.

To be locked in a body whose heart stopped beating a century ago might be unsettling. Also, now that Damon's lost his mojo (sense of humor), I don't find him all that appealing but I do understand the sentiment towards regaining one's humanity.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago rilelen_star said…
You're forgetting that You can always turn to a vampire You family. It's not set in stone that every vamprie has to watch his close die. I'm not saying that it should be done the way Stefan did it to Damon but there are always two options. Honestly if my parents/lover was vampire there would be no way I would stay human.
Anyway humanity id ability to feel all kind of emotions from pain to love. damon, stefan and other vampires in this show proofed many times that they feel despite being undead. That's why for me this whole I'm monster with no humanity because i'm a vampire thing is pointless and boring. Besides after watching whole season 2 I think that Damon doesn't miss his humanity because he wants to become so desperately mortal. it's because he's lonely and has nobody to share his vampire live with. After all when he was human he had family, and after being turned he had nobody.

But anyway mainly what I don;t like is that there's no vampire show that would show life of vampires from the bright side. Because for my money life of a vampire is much more funnier and itneresting than human life and there's nothing to miss. Vampires can see how world changes and they have a lot of useful abilities. They can see things that other people can only dream to see. But of course we won;t see that on TV. We only see depressed vampries who waste they eternity on problems with selfacceptance :/ At this point TB is better because there al least Eric enjoys his life.