The Vampire Diaries TV Show Spread the Love Thread!

TVD_Lover posted on Jul 01, 2011 at 01:13AM
This is a thread where everyone posts what they like about EVERY couple on The Vampire Diaries, to promote understanding and peace between shippers. Write your appreciation for as many couples as possible, even if you don't ship them! Spread the Love! NO BASHING! :)
(credit goes to @teamcastiel for the idea!)

The Vampire Diaries TV Show 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TVD_Lover said…
kiss
Here's my (very lengthy) response!

Stelena: how they saved each other. I mean, COME ON, in the beginning, they DID. Elena was heartbroken over the loss of her parents, and Stefan came and showed her that love and life DID go on. And she saved him, time after time. And their scenes can be romantic, sweet, or heartbreaking. Sure, it's not the most EXCITING couple (for me, personally, but I'm sure that MANY people find their relationship very exciting and I respect and understand that!) but they can be cute and funny. For example, one of my favorite scenes in the entire show: when Elena is staring at Stefan when she's lying in bed, and he asks her why she's staring, and it goes something along the lines of "I think it's romantic" "I think it's creepy". It was so cute :)

Delena: Oh god, time to explain my OTP, which is something I always have the hardest time doing. I can't even EXPLAIN my immense love for DE. Okay, I love them because Elena is the only person to ever, EVER, crack into Damon's heart and soul and wiggle herself in there, EVEN when Damon didn't want her to. Over time, he found her in there and said "hey, how in the hell did THIS happen? When did I become this person? When did I start to CARE?" Elena brings out everything in Damon that is HUMAN, that ALLOWS him and ACCEPTS him for who he used to be, who he really is deep down, not who he PRETENDS to be. She pushes him to be this person he lost when he first met Katherine, and he becomes the person who is WORTHY of love. He's her protector, her most beloved, her one true half and twin flame. They fight, they go back and forth, sometimes they hurt each other with the things they say, and it NEVER works out the way they want it to, but at the end of the day, NO ONE ELSE can release that PASSION in Damon and Elena than they can. And they will always be there. Fighting, yelling, screaming, hugging, understanding, and loving. That, THAT, is what makes me love Damon and Elena so much.

Bamon: how Damon unintentionally DID start caring for her! Perfect example; 2x18, while he was worried about protecting Elena, he DID also care about keeping Bonnie alive. He spent time trying to fake out Klaus to keep Bonnie and everyone else safe, and now they really do trust one another! And Bonnie and Damon keep each other on their toes, they don't really know how far they can push, they test boundaries and sometimes it ends up TERRIBLY, but then sometimes they gain this newfound respect and appreciation for each other. And while they still bug the CRAP out of each other, they challenge each other. Sometimes they challenge each other to be better, sometimes they challenge each other to be worse, and sometimes they just FIGHT, but the CHALLENGE is what makes their journey so immensely intriguing and TRULY entertaining to watch. And while I don't necessarily see them as a couple, I absolutely adore their friendship and mutual respect and appreciation, as well as caring for each other.

Forwood: Oh GOD, how can I explain? The head cheerleader. The football player. Both starting out incredibly misunderstood and spewed a little bit of hatred from fans. They both were UNWILLINGLY turned into these...beasts and they had NO ONE! They had NO ON AT ALL! And they FOUND each other...they found each other when no one else cared enough to look. Their chemistry, their heat, and their undeniable and extremely loving and incredible relationship was enough to make me ship them the FIRST second I saw Caroline pull an emotional and heartbroken Tyler into a small, friendly embrace. Somewhere along the way, it turned into more. So much more. I just love them too much for words, it's so hard to explain!

Catt: Oh gosh, I will ALWAYS care about Catt. Matt, this sweet, puppy-dog, who was still HEAD OVER HEELS for Elena found this drunken, emotional girl, a head cheerleader who's incredibly bitchy and manipulative, but also bubbly and quirky and with many redeeming qualities, and all he does is be a perfect gentleman, scoop her up, take her home, and while many other men would be scared off by the vulnerability of a drunk girl, he stayed the night with her. He kept trying and trying with her, even when she was a vampire (he did not know this yet) and was acting like "a neurotic control freak on crack". But in the end, he DID tell the Sheriff about her and everyone else, putting all of his friends and his GIRLFRIEND in danger. BUT, he DID say to Sheriff Forbes that he wasn't certain that Caroline was gone. You could tell, he saw the Caroline he fell in love with over and over again, but it was just too much. And he couldn't handle it anymore, and he had to end it. But no matter what, my heart will always be a little soft for some Catt scenes. :)

Steferine: It was Stefan's first love, and Katherine's first SINCERE love since she turned. The fact of the matter is, Katherine NEVER compelled Stefan to love him, and Stefan KNOWS that, he just won't admit it to himself! And Stefan is the ONLY person who makes Katherine HUMAN again, and it's beautiful. Their transitions around each other, the way they talk and threaten and joke and almost kill and communicate and tease and undeniably love is indescribable and I can hardly explain my love for these two. She makes him feisty, interesting, fun and SEXY. I just love their scenes together, just LOVE them.

Beremy: WHAT a shock! I was like "Mmmmm, Jeremy be lookin GOOOD!" and apparently Bonnie was thinking the same! Hahahahaha, I DO love this couple. Bonnie's fire is what really perked Jeremy up and helped him become stronger, he became a fighter, all for Bonnie. He FINALLY got over the terribly saddening losses of both Anna and Vicki, and went for this incredibly beautiful and powerful girl who was there all along, and he never even realized. And Bonnie's initial freak out when she realized she wanted to be with him was SOOOOO FREAKING CUTE, like her "oh my god, I saw this kid when he was like, ten years old! I've known him my whole life! I saw his Bieber swoop phase! I just CAN'T feel this way about him!" But he REALLY made Bonnie bearable, he brings her down a few notches when he needs to, but not EVERYTHING is perfect, which is what I love. The way I look at it: Season 3 is going to make them, or break them, once and for all. I'm seriously hoping for it to make them, because they have A LOT of potential!

Staroline: Awww, every time these two have a scene together I have to squeal and restrain myself from saying "Caroline, smooch him!! You smooch him now!!" even though...well you know the circumstances! Stefan became Caroline's protector, he cleaned her up and helped her, teaching her how to restrain herself against the need for blood, he told her and stayed true to his word that he would never stop caring about her and ALWAYS be there for her. He saved her from the werewolves, got her home safely, and arranged for her friends to help her the entire night because he KNEW when NO ONE ELSE noticed that Caroline was NOT okay and she needed someone. Stefan has always been there for her, and I think unintentionally, he let her into his undead heart and she will always have a place there. They're the best of friends, it's Stefan's new Lexie, and not to mention their chemistry is HOTHOTHOTHOTHOT. I mean, put those two together and the SCREEN goes on fire! I basically ship Caroline with every guy (minus Damon...sorry DC-ers!) and Stefan with every GIRL (minus Elena...sorry SE-ers!)

Datherine: HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT; I mean seriously. Plus, Damon spent 145 YEARS looking for this bitch, and his devotion and love for her made him blind and COMPLETELY willing to forgive and forget that even when he knew the truth about what she did. He accepted her for who she was, a vampire, and never feared her, even though he should have. He accepted that he had to share her with Stefan, even though he wanted her all to himself. And even though Katherine doesn't like to admit it, you can tell in 2x21 that Katherine is incredibly saddened when Damon doesn't even want to say goodbye to her. AND, she brought him the cure, when she didn't even have to, and she let it be known that at ONE point, she DID love them both. I think that's really nice. :)

Ummm, how many more am I missing? Guhhhh, I don't want to write MOOOREEEE! I think I'll leave it at that! Hmmm, that was hard to write, considering I don't even like some of the couples I wrote about (it's easy to guess, I think XD sorry, guys!) But SPREAD LOVE, NOT HATE! WOO!
over a year ago epicdelena4ever said…
Stelena: i actually liked them in the first episode. I loved how awkwardly cute they were. the moving to the side thing when they met was cute! For Elena, meeting Stefan took her pain away and made her forget for a while that her parents died. For Stefan it made him realize he could love someone who wasn't Katherine. To me it seemed like meeting that ONE person who you felt tingly around and all you can think about it talking to them and seeing them. Someone you can really connect with and who will always be there for you no matter what.
over a year ago Eirinaki_b_13 said…
Ok, first @TVD_Lover: This idea is amazing and it is great that you took the time to make this forum and the comment above. I loved what you said about every couple and how respectful you are for every one of them. I wish more fans were like that!

I will definitely answer this forum too, but right now I am not in this mood, maybe tomorrow! :)
over a year ago emmalouisee said…
okaay i love all the couples my OTP are delena and stelena, i believe that all the actors on TVD are so AMAZINGLY GOOD at what they do that any of the couples work together and everyone just has to chill if their favourite couples breaks up or if they hate who gets together! i have never hate a couple on TVD and i dont think i will sure i sometimes think that some people are better together *cough* tyler&caroline *cough* haha naah but even when caroline and matt got back together i wasnt mad because they had some really cute scenes LIKE ALL COUPLES DO! and this was nice to let out all my couple lovingness ;)

btw MASSIVE thanks to TVD_Lover for the forum ♥
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago beepo123 said…
This is such a great idea :)

Stelena - For me, they feel like the center of the show. They are the glue that holds everything together. When they were broken up it felt like everything was darker and off balance. They are both so kind, caring, and compassionate. I love how protective of her he is, and yet he treats her as his equal and lets her make her own decisions, even when he completely disagrees. Elena has such a warm heart and so much love and she lightens Stefan up. They just look so happy when they are together. OTP <3

Delena - I used to ship these two in season one. I really like some of their scenes a lot. Their road trip in 1x11 was fun to watch. I loved how she loosened up and had fun with him. It was one of the first times Elena let go and got to just be a teenage girl. And it was so cute in 2x18 how he kept trying to cheer her up when they were dancing. I think to an extent she really is helping him rediscover his humanity, and in turn he gives her some well deserved breaks from all the drama. They have a really great connection :)

Bamon - Oh man, I don't know what else to say other then I love these two and this pairing so much. They are just so perfect for each other, and they don't even know it yet. I don't want to get carried away or else I'll end up righting 5 pages about why I love them so much. They are equals on every level. She is one of the very few people who Damon actually respects, and cares about. Their banter is hilarious, and can you say UST much? Bonnie is so loyal and trustworthy, so when these two eventually get together it will be great for Damon to be with someone who is 100% loyal to him and him only, because he hasn't had that before. OTP forever <3

Beremy - I find these two absolutely adorable, and even though my main choice for Bonnie is Damon, I ship Bonnie and Jeremy pretty hard. I mean just look at how much they have both grown up since the first season. Now Bonnie is this powerful, headstrong witch, and Jeremy is this chivalrous, handsome young man. I absolutely love how Jeremy is so protective of Bonnie and looks out for her. When Luka got all in her face at the Grill, and Jeremy shot up and told him to back off, I completely swooned. They are good for each other, and I'm glad they each have that little bit of peace for now <3

Catt - I liked them a lot in season one. They were really cute together and it was funny because they were basically the only normal relationship on the show. It was neat to watch their typical, teenage-angst drama unfold when so many crazy supernatural things were happening. But then Caroline turned into a vampire and it was too much for them. It would be kinda nice to see Matt fight for her in season three, but if not, then they had a nice thing while it lasted and hopefully they can stay close friends <3

Forwood - I'm not gonna lie, these two took me by surprise. I would have never thought to pair these two together, because they were both pretty shallow in the first season. But then they both turned and changed in ways they can't ever reverse, and they somehow managed to find each other. Personally, I think they are perfect together. They had a great buildup, which is still happening, starting with friendship and eventually leading to more. I was pretty heartbroken when Tyler didn't come through for her and left. I thought that my Forwood dreams had been killed. But then he shows up out of the blue, and she doesn't even hesitate in forgiving him. I think they would be great if they were together, because it would be coming from a caring, trusting friendship. OTP <3

Well that's all the ships I can think of off the top of my head right now. But to be honest, if my OTP's aren't endgame I think I would be okay with it. Because I ship Elena/Happiness, Stefan/Happiness, Bonnie/Happiness, etc. I ship every character with a happy ending. Even if I don't particularly like the couples that end up together, as long as they are all in happy, healthy relationships then I will be 100% content.

This is a great forum. Spread the love! <3
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TiBiscuit said…
So. Let's begin :D

STELENA: I love them . I loved their first meeting (yes, in the toilets, but still it was very cute xD) and I’ve loved them since then. When I think about them, the three scenes that come to my mind would be their first time, their dance in Unpleasantville and the Ferris Wheel scene. But I also love their completely random moments, like that scene in 2x14 where Elena tells him he looks hot in her Grandpa’s jacket, and he’s like “you think I’m hot in your dead grandfather’s jacket? o.O” … like I said, totally random xD. They can break my heart sometimes (basically whenever Elena leaves him :( like in 2x20 and 2x06). I love them when they’re kinda cheesy, and just as much when they’re a little more ‘angsty’. When Elena made Stefan drink her blood and he became Dark!Stefan, she was the one to help him. And I like how honest with each other they can be: The Last Day is one of my favorite episodes for them.

BAMON: I really like the idea of them. For starters, this is very subjective, but I think IS and KG have a lot of chemistry. Also, I like that Bonnie puts him in his place whenever he becomes a little too self-confident. I like that he said “Thank you”, twice. I like that he knew she felt guilty about Caroline. I like that he “drives her crazy”. I love that she refused to dance with him at the 50s dance, and that she accepted at the 60s one. I love that he actually cares (just a little). I love that Bonnie smirked when she saw Damon dancing with random girls, when before she would’ve just rolled her eyes. I loved how he gently stroked her cheek before closing her eyes. I just think they do have potential, and even though Damon is obviously in love with Elena, and they are very likely to happen in S3, it doesn’t make me ship Bamon any less. I can wait. I’m sure it’ll be worth it. And if I’m being totally delusional and they’re actually never given a chance (highly probable tbh xD) well… I'll get over it :)

FORWOOD: THEY ARE PERFECTION. My favorite TVD couple. I don’t even know where to start, they are just SO FLAWLESS. Okay, enough with the caps lock XD. So yeah, first of all, Tyler and Caroline, as individuals, are my favorite characters. I really love them. And together, OMG. The potential to be hot, they already had it in season 1. But then in season 2: The hugs. She doesn’t want him to be alone. THE TRANSFORMATION (they were so the best thing about that episode). And then in The Descent, how they were all cute and flirty and Tyler actually smiled, a real smile. And the Kiss, that scene was so perfect. Episode 13 :( poor Caroline. Episode 14, Tyler left, I cried. Heartbreaking. When he came back, I think I momentarily died or something. Then the awkward moment in front of the hospital. Then “I could never hate you, Tyler”, and Tyler’s face OMG DID YOU SEE THAT FACE? *__* Perfect, I tell you! Oh and let’s not forget the cuddling. Everything was so perfect about that scene. I cannot wait to see what happens between them in season 3.

STEROLINE: OMG, sometimes I think I love them even more than Stelena. And I love Stelena. And sometimes, I think they are very close to how much I love Forwood. And I looove Forwood. So, basically, I love Steroline very very much. I didn’t want to love them. At first, I didn’t. I remember picking the “I hate Steroline” option in some polls xD. I mean I loved their friendship, I even wanted them to be BFFs, but nothing else. Well, I changed my mind. I would LOVE them to be more than friends. I just love how Stefan finds her “neurotic control freak” side funny, even endearing. And he laughs a lot when he’s around her. And he’s always looking out for her. And she doesn’t have to pretend with him. akjhlkfhfjghdhg I LOVE THEM.

DELENA: I don’t ship them romantically at all. However, I did like some of their scenes! I find it very cute when Damon teases her, like he says things just because he knows it’ll annoy her, and although she rolls her eyes, we, audience, know that she finds him funny, too. Example: when they were on the phone and he was like “Stefan likes… puppy blood.” haha. Or “No Elena, I will not go to your bedroom with you!”. Also, I did like their dance in episode 2.18, I thought it was cute :)

JALARIC: I loved Jalaric T___T. I was so convinced they would be together forever and ever… But no. Still not completely over it, tbh!

STEFERINE: I am not a big fan of them being a couple, but I basically loved all of their scenes in episode 2x01. I loved how flirty Katherine was, and I think she brings out a side of Stefan that I like (I love all sides of Stefan anyway. /Stefan stan).

KATHAMON: Well, they’re hot. And… yeah, they’re hot.

BEREMY: cute but still not a huge fan. BUT I really liked their scenes in the season finale, especially their last one with the computer. Okay, it was super cheesy (LMAO @ Alaric mocking them) but still it was very cute, and since I actually liked Jeremy in that episode, for the first time since a very very long time, I think I will continue to find them cute in season 3 :)

JYLER: well, that one is definitely a crackship, but I just wanted to say that MT and SM have a lot of chemistry without even trying, and for a moment I thought they were maybe going to do something with all that UST. But then Kevin Williamson crushed my hopes and dreams D: anyway, I still love their “friendship” and I still hope they have some scenes together in season 3 :)

KLEFAN: well, I wouldn’t mind that :) but yeah, still a crackship!

CATT: I never really shipped them, but I did really like them in season 1. Matt was a sweetheart in that episode where he carried her back home. And I liked their first kiss. They were cute :)

TONNIE: I can’t say I love them based on nothing. But I love the idea of them.

STEFONNIE: I also like the idea of them (though not nearly as much as Stelena, Steroline, Bamon or Tonnie). I kind of ship Stefan with everyone o.O

So, I actually multiship quite a lot on TVD. I usually don't. Anyway, like beepo123 said, what I really want is for all the characters, or at least all my favorites, to have a happy ending :)

And yeah, this was a great idea, so thank you @teamcastiel for this brilliant idea, and @TVD_Lover for creating the forum <3

(That was long. Sorry.)
over a year ago Radvile said…
Love the forum idea, big props :)

Stelena: I started shiping this couple since episode 1 and I"m still a big fan of it, to me they seem to have a connection and i enjoy that, thoughi love show Stelena not a bi fan of the book Stelena, but as the forum says no hate (not that i have much of it) not gonna say anything.

Delena: I love both couples i'm leaning more to stelena, becouse it seems more show couple than a realistic one. And that is why i love Delena, they are so realistic, someone having a crush and then falling in love and trying to make the other person to love back. As i say Stelena is a perfect show couple, but Delena to me is real life :)

Forwood: I HUGE fan, i think they are perfect for each other. There isn't much to say about them, i think it is a great plot twist to the show and they both are entertainging :)

These are couples that i ship personaly. :)
Again big props :)
over a year ago TVD_Lover said…
big smile
Thanks so much for writing guys, keep trying to spread love, get people in your favorite fandoms and get a lot of shippers to write in here, it's gonna be great! Seriously, a LOT of people in the TVD fandom just...need a serious 'tood check, so this will be good for a lot of people! Spread the Love! :D