The Vampire Chronicles Chit Chat

Myf_1992 posted on Aug 24, 2009 at 01:59PM
A place to have a general chit chat with fellow members =D

The Vampire Chronicles 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Myf_1992 said…
big smile
I just want to apologise for the spots icon. I couldn't find anything suitable, so I made that on paint, hence the wonky lettering. haha. If anyone does find something better please let me know =D
last edited over a year ago
angry
Aww I just spent all afternoon waiting for Queen of the Damned to load, and then it I got myself all comfy ready to watch it, and the link was broken, it wouldn't play! What a waste of an afternoon! It seems I will never see that film again :(

Yet another reason why I hate computers.
Ok,so some people get confused with the relationships in the books, so I thought I'd try and clarify some of them.

Lestat and Louis - They are friend, a strange kinda love-hate relationship. They are partners like partners in a firm. Louis was bound to Lestat because he needed guidance, he needed to learn, and cause he can't cope alone. Lestat was bound to him because he needed the security, he was lost, and because he loved Louis, not in a sexual way I would like to note.

Louis and Armand- Armand is quite clearly the sire Louis thought he never had, someone who was willing to give all the knowledge they had. Louis was someone for Armand to use as a stepping stone into the modern world. Someone to cure his loneliness. Although after Claudia died, Louis' passion faded, and so did their relationship. In trying to get Louis to himself, Armand had pushed him further away. This one really isn't that difficult to understand.

Lestat and Marius - father and son. Marius fills all of Lestat's fatherly needs, and Lestat give Marius another chance to be a good father as he feels he failed with Armand. Marius does not with hold information from Lestat, and nurtures him, and sets boundaries.

Lestat and Nick - best friend, they loved each other deeply, they we're of the same age in the same area of France, with no one else for company but each other. They settles each other's restlessness and boredom, and spilled their hearts out to each other. Their relationship is not sexual in anyway.

Lestat and David - David is good friend to Lestat, he's there for him, helps him through anything, keeps him grounded. Someone Lestat can rely on, someone Lestat and come to for advice and love. David loves Lestat because he's charismatic, daring, outrageous, I think in some way Lestat makes him feel young,as he reminds him of his youth (read Tale of the Body Thief).

Armand and Marius - yes as Armand was still human they were lovers, but there was more to it than that, Marius was a father, a teacher, and a provider. He put a roof over Armands head, and food in his belly, he gave him friends, an education and so many opportunities that Armand is grateful for. Marius falls deeply in love with Armand, and says he couldn't live without him, I think Armand gave Marius a focus in life. If I'm honest I don't fully understand Marius' reasons just that he loves Armand so much. A better word for them than lovers would be companions I think.

Louis and Claudia - father and daughter purely. Claudia was something for Louis to focus on, give all his love to, and to cure his loneliness. He was devoted to her, utterly. He was bit of a doormat if you ask me, but that is opinion.

Lestat and Akasha - passion, love, they were in some sense lovers, but not like humans are lovers, as like Armand and Marius they were more companions. They cared for each other (even though they go about it in a strange way) and Lestat is heart broken when she dies, he blames himself for not helping her, for abandoning her, and it tares at him. She loved him, she said so many times, because he was passionate, and daring, just like she was.

I don't think any other relationship needs explanation. So, yer that's what I think these relationships are. =D
Woop! 16 fans!!!! I no its no big deal but it is to me!
over a year ago ManiacsRose said…
why is everyone thinking there is sex involved???? I can understand how drinking blood is like sex, therefore when you create a vampire they are 'making love' to them. Though the feeling of bliss is only one way, unless you do a Akasha/Lestat thing..then it's real "sex". Only comparison we can make.

Lestat and Claudia: Also father-daughter relationship. He created her and provided for her. Gave her all the ingredients she needed to 'grow'. He babied her and loved her, just like a father would. It's the classic father can't see his daughter growing up story. Gave her everything she wanted, and kept giving her the things that he wanted to prove that she was "Daddy's little girl".
over a year ago kayuko said…
link

excuse me people, there is a man on the picture. He a japanese singer Kamijo.

<3
link