The Secret Life of the American Teenager SEX is the Word!

Gomezclan posted on Aug 25, 2009 at 01:15AM
I have been watching the show for 3 seasons now. Everything that is discussed on the show makes absolutely no sense. As a parent many of the topics are inappropriate. What was the poem that Grace wrote?? Prime example. I counted the times that the word sex was mentioned throughout one episode and the word was used 18 times! I can understand that you want to make teens aware of the consequences of having sex at a young age, but there are other ways of explaining it... The show was great in the beginning, but the topics have run dry and the writer really needs to make the show more interesting...

The Secret Life of the American Teenager 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago katielou22 said…
meh
I agree with you. Wow, how sophisticated your explaination was. The show in the thrid season has evolved into a soap opera. It did not used to be such a teen flick, but now it is almost as if the producers are crying for ratings instead of meaning. I thought that the Secret Life would be an educational show and explain how difficult it is for teen mothers to live the rest of their lives. However, the show is more about a story of teens having sex with no consequence. Actually I wish that they would make Adrian pregnant. Then maybe a lesson would be taught. However, it seems as if the show now could have the potential to encourage teens to have sex. Not good.