The Secret Life of the American Teenager What Would YOU do in Amy's situation???

vbchick21 posted on Jul 01, 2009 at 09:08PM
Say that you got pregnant at 15 and had a baby. Would you react the Amy is??? Just curious about it.
save

The Secret Life of the American Teenager 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago VMars4ever said…
smile
Not that anyone can ever really know how they'll react until they're in the situation, but I think I would react differently, because everyone's life is different.

My parents are already divorced, and I only passed 15 two years ago, and I think my mother wouldn't be as helpful and understanding as Anne is, although she'd be the easier of my two parents to tell. I don't think my stepdad would really react very much, but my father, he'd be the hardest to tell because I'm closest to him.

I think it would take me longer to tell anyone that I was pregnant, but the first one would probably be my cousin, or my fifteen year old sister - who I believe, if she were in Amy's situation, I would do my best to help her - and ultimately, my friends would probably be told after this.

I know I would never even consider adoption, and wouldn't have whined so much about getting a job as long as it meant I could keep the baby. And if the father were like Ricky, I have no idea how I'd tell him.

Ultimately, though, I'd expect to react differently as my life is different, but I think I would be just as scared and afraid to give birth. And I know I have no one like Grace in my school, and would more than likely be embarassed about my predicament, but I would do my best to keep the baby.

Also, I would - if I had one as understanding as Ben - let him babysit, and if the father of the baby was suggesting he stay and let me sleep, I'd have the nursery up just for that predicament.
over a year ago katielou22 said…
I think I would be completely stunned. I have been there b4 tho. I have thought I was pregnant about three times. You get a feeling that your life is ending, but you know that if you are really going to have a baby, that you must continue life anyways. You think about what sacrifices you will have to make. Your education? Your life dreams? You also think about who's lives you will be ruining or effecting. Your parents might never think of you the same...your siblings would be so dissappointed and your friends probably wouldn't know who you are anymore. And your boyfriend might never want anything to do with you. It is alot to think about and you cannot stop worrying. But you know that there isn't anyway to stop the pregnancy from happening, you just have to go through it. I have been in a heavily committed relationship for three years now with a great guy, however I have thought that I was pregnant several times. But thankfully they were false alarms. Teenage Pregnancy is scary...terrifying. One of my girls at my school got pregnant when she was 14 and she and her baby almost died. It was really scary. Sorry if this was too much info. I just felt like blogging about personal thoughts and experiences. Please feel free if you have anything personal to share. We are all girls here anyways. lol : )
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago gosselinfan626 said…
I would want to keep the baby, but if finances and responsibility became to much, I would head towards adoption. The baby would be number one priority for me and even though it would be hard, I would always have someone there with me. :)
over a year ago gossipchic13 said…
heart
If I were ever in Amy's situation I would want to have the baby..I'm not so sure that I would keep it though, if i didn't keep it i would at least want an open adoption..the reason that i may not keep the baby is because i would worry that i wouldn't be able to take care of it like it should be taken care of..If i knew I could take care of the baby, then I would definitely keep it:) it would be a blessing to me, not a mistake or a curse..I would for sure be stunned at first and overwhelmed, but I would love the baby with all my being.. I would always put the baby's needs before mine..It wouldn't be easy, but I know it would be worth it:)
over a year ago BieberFan546 said…
smirk
i would keep the baby and not get pregnant at 15