The Ranger's Apprentice Story time :]

liissaaxx posted on Mar 31, 2009 at 07:05AM
This is on many other spots and I thought we could play it. It's very self explanatory.
I'll start,

Will and Tug were on their normal ride through the woods, between Remount and Araulen, when the faint sound of a twig took him out of his day dream and back into reality....

The Ranger's Apprentice 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Nymphadora07 said…
So I continue the story, right?.....

Will looked toward the cluster of trees, where he was sure he had heard the sound. Suddenly there was rustling in the bushes on both sides of him and Tug. Instinctivly, Will scoops up his bow and prepares to face whatever comes. Some 10 yards away, shadows start to emerge from the trees. Will pulls back his bow, but relaxes a little after one of the voices says, "Wait, don't shoot, something much more dangerous is on your trail."........

over a year ago liissaaxx said…
Whoa. That was really good!

Will didn't shoot, he stayed mounted on Tug ready to attack if these men became the threat. Halt's words rang in his ears as he watched the man who spoke show himself, "Keep your guard up always, an enemy can easily be mistaken for a friend at times".
"What is your name?" Will asked. The man stood and stared. He wore a nobles robe, his hair was overgrown and his robe was torn. As Will asked him one more time three men stepped out of the shadows, Will instantly recognised them as knights. He still didn't drop his bow completely.
"I am Anthony Farris, I am a traveler and these are the surviving knights of many invasions." He replied....
over a year ago Nymphadora07 said…
kool name!

"I'm Will." he said, slowly lowering his weapon. "What are these invasions you speak of?" Will faintly remembered a group of rangers laughing about something of the sort at one of their last gatherings.
"If I tell you, you must keep it secret from the public, for many spies are lurking about." Anthony repied.
Will suddenly got suspicious. Why would they trust a stranger, that they had come upon in the middle of the woods with something so serious? "And you trust me?"
The nobleman studied him and his horse and then said, "You are a ranger, aren't you?"
This confused Will even further. Rangers were usually regarded with suspicion, but before he could ask any more questions, the traveler began. "Your people are being tracked as we speak. My men can't hold off the Blue Cross much longer. Since their invasions, we've attacked as many of their camps as possible."
Will listened to the story carefully, not sure if what he was hearing was the truth. But from their torn up conditions, it seemed likely. "Blue Cross? Who are they?" Will interupted. The knights looked at each other in disbelief and fear. Anthony, appearingly not surprised at Will's lack of knowledge on the subject, replied, "The Blue Cross is a group, well many groups, of power-hungry men who wish to put themselves on top by "replacing" special forces, such as you Rangers. They wish to convince entire nations, one person at a time, that such forces need to be taken down, After hearing the gossip, my knights plus many others gathered with me to discuss how to stop these people. We never expected the first invasion that night. There must have been a spy among us." His face grew sad. "We lost many that night. These Blue Cross groups are serious and skilled. They're determined to accomplish whatever they're up to. My sources report that they've already started heading North to this kingdom. It must stop before it starts." The man stopped there and waited for Will's reply. Too many thoughts were racing through Will's head, making him unsure of his next move.....

Srry, little long!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago cutebabys said…
[raluenrpg.proboards.com/] Very similar.
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've been jam packed with homework.

Will took one more second to ponder, then made a decision he knew Halt would never do. He agreed to take them to the kingdom. The men were shocked and quite scared. They were frightened of what he had said and from Anthony’s orders they began to retreat with parting words Will could not make out. It took him a little while to understand their discomfort, they were spies for the enemy. In a sudden movement Will had his bow armed and directed at Anthony Farris.
“If you know that I am a ranger then you know what we can do so for your own good what are the plans against the kingdom of Araluen?”
“We do not know sir, as we said before we are warning you of the dangers you will face. The plans that they have are not known to us, we do not serve the leaders of the Blue Cross groups.” Anthony Farris said, his voice barely louder then a whisper.
“If that is true why are you hesitant to come with me back to Araluen?” Will asked, his suspicions high once again.
“We are afraid of many kingdoms as the members of the Blue Cross have gotten word of our helpings and are sending messages to authorities of many kingdoms to not trust us as we are spies. They are believing them and we have escaped with more then just scratches. We do not want to die sir” He was becoming more confident, his voice was still barely audible and that annoyed Will. He didn’t say anything of course. He didn't want to frighten the men with his words.
Tug stayed silent through all this. He didn't seem to judge these men as threats. But something stirred and Tug strained to hear what it was before alerting Will.
over a year ago domrox_13 said…
I found a web that had a story on it but it was a full story: www.myrangersapprenticestory.webs.com i thought it was great!!!!!
over a year ago flagnar said…
As tug listened he noticed the fain noise of whispers, then stell sliding out of leather. he gave a warning whinnyback to will.
just as a man jumped from the forest will shot arrow into the sword. it flew across the clearing and into the forest again.
"Get over there! Now!" he hissed at the man with hostility,while pointing his bow toward the other men. He rubbed tug in praise for warning him....

over a year ago juste_123 said…
smile
WOW!!! These look like true extracts from John Flanagan!! Spectacular! Keep it up, this is fasinating...
over a year ago juste_123 said…
Okay, I'll try too.

The stranger, with his hands up and his face slightly pale, slowly joined the small group of the knights and Anthony. Suddenly Will noticed that Anthony was wearing a scowl of fear and fury.
"Who is he, Anthony?" Will demanded.
"He is the traitor! The filthy bertayer of Araluen!" Anthony replied with gritted teeth. Will was even more confused and suspicoius, someone definatly WAS the traitor here. Surely now he couldn't bring these people to the city, nor could he call for reinforcements, that could give the 'Blue Cross' a selection of 'special forces'. Will sighed. He would have to let them go, then, maybe follow them. Then Will shook his head and suddenly noticed Tug was acting strangly, as if there was some other presence here but no danger. Will looked around quickly and saw a hooded figure in the shadows, watching. Will stoped staring and smiled, almost an unoticable smile, for, he didn't want give away his fellow Ranger...
It was Halt, hiding unmoving and unseen, watching his former apprentice and the group of strangers. Knowing that his mentor was ready, if any danger aroused, gave Will the confidence he needed. The strange group of men, offering a warning from a cult calling themselves the 'Blue Cross' a group Will had never heard before. And now, another unknown man, this one tall and board looking somewhat like a knight. Tug had been unnerved by this mans presence but the recoiling group of men showed no threat. Will knew what had to be done now. Walking slowly but surely he directed his question to Anthony but his tone proved it was meant for everyones ears as well. "Anthony, i trust you, i'm not sure if i should but i do and if you say that this man here is a traitor i will listen. So what i need from you is.." Still crossing ground to where they gathered he continued, talking sweetly and seeming to pose no threat, he waited. His crossbow hung loosely in his hand. Anthony would be convinced he had abandoned his training and let his guard down but Will knew better, he was prepared. His grip tightened with each step.
Halt lay in the bushes, watching. He couldn't help but smile as he watched the young man play out his plan. He wasn't too sure but the old ranger was thinking he knew what Will had in mind and was proud. He had been taught well. Right on que the traitor charged from the left and one of Anthony's larger men came charging from the right. With uncanny speed Will had a bolt through the traitor, while the other was laying dead still with Halts arrow in his heart. The rest were shocked and frightened, the speed and accuracy always left enemies in awe.
over a year ago MJC2000 said…
Halt rose from the bushes and the group finally noticed him. They were puzzled and frightened by his sudden appearance. They took in his massive long bow and molten cloak. He was another ranger. Anthony cursed his thugs under his breath. How could they fail two times in a row. The one who survived- he searched for his name- Fredrick, was going to be punished.
" Who are you and what is your real business" Halt had gotten tired of these traitors and decided he was going to end this now.
" I already told you we're here to warn you about the oncoming invasion" Anthony spat out, the anger clear in his voice.
Will knew that he was very mad at his thugs for falling to kill him and annoyed that not one of his followers had noticed Halt. He decided that now was the time to finish him of.
" Halt I think we should take these traitors to see king Duncan in a trail." Will stated.
Will saw Anthony's head jerk up at the statement. Anthony probably knew that the crime that he'd committed was punishable by death.
" Yes I agree. Or if you scum rather we can take you to Redmont and lock you up for 10 maybe 15 years." Halt said catching on to Will's plan.
Anthony and his followers bolted.
Before Halt had his bow up Will had already killed the remaining thugs and shot Anthony in the leg. Halt looked at his former apprentice in awe. Rangers are fast, but Halt had never seen anything like that.
"Could you put some thumb and ankle cuffs on him?" Will asked Halt.
" Sure."
Halt put the cuffs on Anthony. Anthony cried out in pain when Will picked him up and threw him over Tugs saddle...

last edited over a year ago