The Office Why was Steve so fat in season 1???!

scrantonite posted on Jul 15, 2008 at 02:52PM
Just a random thought i was having the other day, but why is Steve Carell so fat in season 1? I wonder if he did it on purpose to look more like David Brent or if he was just having a few too many ice cream cakes! It's weird because Steve is never as fat as that in any of the other work he did that year. Any ideas? Oh and there is nothing wrong with the chubby funster version of Steve :)

The Office 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago IndianKelly said…
How about how bald he was?
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
u have to look good on tv
over a year ago scrantonite said…
Yeah the baldness is a good point! I know the slicked back hair style is pretty unflattering but it does seem like he has way more hair now days too!!!
over a year ago 28spike28 said…
well he must have tried hair for men. as being fat, well he is micheal scott so he is buff. not.

the producers must have noticed the same thing and made him get hair treatment and lose weight.
over a year ago smoore23 said…
It also seemed like he dyed his hair darker or something - I noticed this in season 4, but I don't remember if it was darker in season 3 or not.
chickmagnet8189 commented…
Kelly calls him out on dying his hair in the show as the character Michael Scott.. she says she matched his exact hair color to a brand of hair dye and he obviously went from having some grey hairs to none at all so Michael Scott being Michael Scott got caught trying to pull a fast one over a year ago
over a year ago scrantonite said…
Yeah i reckon that there is a bit of a 'just for men' and 'propecia' combo going on lol!! But hey he is looking smoking in Get Smart so it's all working!

I saw a interview with Steve the other day where he said his wife bought him a comb that thins out his chest hair!! The rug is even disappearing =]
over a year ago dicherrylips said…
Season 1 was filmed before The 40-year Old Virgin. I believe that he went through some "changes" for the film:)
over a year ago rebekah82 said…
I noticed Steve is fatter in season one also. And
His hair looks thinner. I think the way they did his
Hair makes it look thinner. I'm not sure. But I'm
Wondering if he got fatter for the show. In the
British version, Ricky Gervais is overweight, so
Maybe they wanted him to look more like that.
over a year ago chrisfrancz said…
A lot of gel can make you look like you have less hair
because it...I dunno, it just can.
over a year ago chickmagnet8189 said…
First season of the office was prob shot before 40 year old virgin. He prob lost weight once he realized he was making it big with a hit movie and then season 2 of the office he’s mad skinny for season 2, easily lost like 20-30 lbs and suddenly had a normal hairline
over a year ago someonehere839 said…
You do have to understand that Michael's Character was a lot different during season 1. If you want more reference watch this short video here link