The Ocarina of Time Have you ever had any dreams or nightmares from playing Ocarina of Time?

emeraldcoast55 posted on Jan 16, 2015 at 06:56AM
I have, quite a few actually. From what I remember, there are two that really stand out to me.

The first one was a long time ago, closer to when the game came out. I was playing the Shadow Temple at the time. I had a nightmare that the floor I was standing on started to fade out to nothingness, in random patches at a time. Eventually I had nowhere left to stand, and upon looking down, all I could see was a black void (with blue and purplish areas like in the game if I remember correctly). The nightmare ended in me falling down with no way of stopping, surrounded in darkness, and I woke up scared out of my mind.

The second dream is one that happened about 5 years ago. Some background info: At the time I was feeling really sort of empty inside for the past few months. My tortoiseshell cat that grew up with me during childhood had passed on, and I was missing her. I haven't played the game in over 6-7 years, but this dream still came to me. I dreamed that my tortoiseshell cat was alive, and that she was in one of the rooms in my house. I called for her, but she didn't come out of wherever she was. So, I pulled out an Ocarina and played Epona's Song, eventually singing/humming to it (like Malon does) after I completed playing the song. And then...my cat came running towards me like Epona does to Link after playing the song. I hugged her and picked her up...and then I woke up ;_;

Does anyone else have any interesting dreams or nightmares from this game that stood out to them?

The Ocarina of Time No replies