The Legend of Zelda A female Link?

knifewrench posted on Aug 15, 2008 at 01:09PM
A lot of female gamers I know get annoyed when they have to play the game as a guy, marry a girl... and only play the game from one angle.

I was thinking that at the start of the game, you should get the choice between a female and male Link.

This wouldn't really ruin/change/damage the storyline, as it is very clear that there are MANY Links in the Legend of Zelda, and the occurance of one of those Link's having a daughter instead of a son wouldn't be a bad thing.

What's your opinion?

The Legend of Zelda 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago RainbowGeek819 said…
Well Im a Female Gamer and......Link all the way Im Sorry and Im not try to dis My Girly Side But I (well since I was 14)Kinda grow up with link and A girl would Just Be wried...unless It was zelda But..

Maybe Like In Twilight princess You can change in to a wolf and a Human well maybe if Like That but you change zelda and link.....but that would be just plainly stupid XD But a great idea

Its a Great Idea Knifewrech But....Im quite happy with link

and FYI... Link dose Kinda Give to the girl players becase 1. For the girls how have a crush on link (i dont get how you could have a crush on video game character) and 2.Link DOSE look like a girl sometims XD
Marry a Girl?? Link never got married (I Hope) well Only Zelda I would be happy but if its not ¬¬ Yeah I hate them XD Like Lila or Saria! )X
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago knifewrench said…
I was just using "marrying" as an example of a video game mechanic that can't always be used from both sides.

And by the way, it's "Ilia" not "Lila" :P
Opps....Well its a wried name giving me that at least!

marrying Hmmm....Something new there XD
over a year ago linklover95 said…
hmmm
I agree, hving a female link would be wierd. I can't have a crush on a girl! That's just not right! But i have to admit it is an ok idea, don't get me wrong...
over a year ago linklover95 said…
angry
Scratch that... this will change the entire storyline. what the heck would you do with zelda then?! I'm a girl and I have no problem with that!
over a year ago vampiressJazz said…
what no i like link as a guy
he's cute i like playing as him he sounds so cute when he falls and kills himself
i grew up playing zelda too i cant imagine link as a female i started playing zelda when i was 6 and now im 15
over a year ago treborretsof said…
Ive been playing zelda for a long time and it just wouldnt be right if link was a girl in my opinion it's to good of a game to change one of the main people.
over a year ago ktlady said…
Another girl's opinion.: I don't think I would even play a female counterpart if given the option!
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
I'm a female, and I don't mind playing as a male Link. Although, it is funny giving him the name "Jessica" in Ocarina of Time LOL! The hero in the Zelda games has always been a male, and it would be weird to throw in a female heroine at this point...Maybe if you could play as Zelda it wouldn't be so weird, but I wouldn't like having some random character being added.
over a year ago birdy-birdy said…
crying
I would think it so wierd 2 play as a female in any way, zelda, or any one. I am a female, but I personly think that a female link would be a.... big change. I have been playing this game since I was 3 and now i am 13, to add a female now would be a ghuge turnoff thouight hey are getting closer to having a female play larger roles with spirit track but palying one? It would be rlly awkward for me and for a lot of ppl. Good idea thought!