The Fanfic The Mark of Athena (book 3)

fireuser66 posted on Oct 16, 2011 at 01:50PM
Title: The Mark of Athena (book 3)
Rating: T
Main Characters: Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Reyna, Leo, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Octavian, Thalia, Nico, Tyson, Clarisee

OC: Anthony Sharp: son of minerva more info soon
Eric Willow: son of apollo more info soon

Synopsis: The arrival of the Greek demigods in Rome sparks some tension between everyone. Ther are plenty of anti-Greek people at Camp Jupiter *cough* Octavian *cough* there is a prophecy that needs fulfilling

""Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.". And another made by Ella the Harpy

"Wisdom's daughter walks alone,
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome."

Nobody really understands the prophecies yet they all seek to fulfill them. They know from Thanatos that the journey must go to Rome first. But what is waiting for them there? Then something worse must be waiting for them in Greece, right? I mean what could go wrong demigods flying halfway around the worls in boats. Some of the most powerful demigods that exist all near each other. Jupiter, Poseidon and who else's children will represnt the gods. And what gods will help bring down the giants?

Disclaimer: All rights go to Rick Riordan, aka the best writer ever because he was the on who came up with the idea of PJ that we all love soooooo much!

A/N: This is my first attempt at a fanfic. I've written a few ideas down here and there so i decided to attemp a fanfic. Previously located in The Heroes of Olympus
I will post every Monday and Thursday.
If i get ahead i will post extra chapters here and there
I LOVE you comments... So comment it up in here!!!!!!!!!
Hope you like it so far
last edited on Nov 29, 2011 at 05:53AM

The Fanfic 95 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-95 of 95

over a year ago swimmergirl7 said…
I luv how u devised a new set of demigods!!!!!!!! It was awesome!!!!!!
over a year ago annabeth523 said…
crying
i'm so sorry i confused your forum with a different i one i feel so dumb please ignore what i said!
blush
i feel realy dumb
over a year ago Riptide688 said…
smile
This is great! Post soon!
post post post! please!
over a year ago cinnominbubble said…
Hey I luv Rick RIORDAN and I am righting a story to if u want to read it go to
Club- Harry Potter and Percy Jackson Rp
Forum- Halfblood witches and wizards
NE way I adore ur story
smile
U 4 got a prophecy it is the one that Pluto told Hazel
Your curse will be washed away by a descendent of neptune( i think it's frank) and I think Frank and Leo are going to be enemies
Don't have to use these but there from my Point of view and
I 💗THIS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please post soon i can't live with out your story.
big smile
i just made my first forum ever and i'd appriciate it if someone wouild go look at it it's called the four lost demigods and it shold be realy good but i can't make it good with out people to read it.
I'll go check it out!
over a year ago fireuser66 said…
A/n well sorry for the long wait. This chapter was very hard to write. The hardest part was probably towards the end ;) i won't ruin it here. You will know what i'm talking about. Well i hope you guys like it!!

@Swimmergirl17 thanks. The british demigods just sort of came to my mind when i was writing the chapter. It wasn't planned to be that way but i got it to work i just had to change a few of my chapter outlines and it was all good
@annabeth523 haha that's okay. I was REALLY confused when i read that. It's all good though. Heres a chapter since i want you to keep living. Oh and also i will go check out your forum. Good luck writing it!
@cinnominbubble Hey!!! A new person! Yeah!! Anyways i will go check that out. I kinda forgot about that prophecy and it won't really work any more unless we say that Piper's great-great-great-great grandpa was a son of neptune haha :) thanks for pointing that out!

Anyways i will be doing this ^^ every time so if you have any questions or anything i will answere there. Feel free to ask anything you want!!

Here we goooo!!!!

Chapter 11
Nico
Well i know we NEED to go on this quest, but I am not too sure how the others will take it... I'm sure they planned to leave asap. Hopefully the would understand. The Roman camp was much more strict that the Greek one. I personally don't really belong to either. I am a loner. I like it that way. I have spent some time at both camps. I mean if I had to choose one it'd be Camp Half Blood. It is just much more calm. Here it is so strict, i mean they are holding an entire meeting because I told Reyna that i needed to tell her something. It's crazy. Oh well...
"Good, everyone is here." said Reyna.
Here we go. After a lot of formalities and boringness Reyna asked, " Nico, what is it you need to tell us?"
Well here goes nothing.
"We need a quest." i said
"Yes we all know that, the prophecy." said Reyna.
"No. We need to go on one before. Gaea has a weapon that if she retains, will give us no chance to win. I know this because it was used against me. It sucks all the life from eberything around it. It then feeds the energy to Gaea, that is how she has become so strong so fast." i said while trying to hide my shakiness.
Reyna
Well this could not of been a worse situation. I understand what Nico is saying. This needs to be done or else Gaea will be too strong once we get to Rome. There had been dead silence for at least 10 minutes since Nico spurred his plan at us. I can't believe that some British demigods seperated themselves from the others. If these weapons were what Nico said that they would be, then they will greatly help us in the upcoming war.
"Nico..." i paused for a moment." you will lead a quest to destroy the weapon. It must be flawless. No mistakes. Fast. No injuries. No deaths. You can bring whomever you want that will go with you." she said
Immediately spat out, "Hazel, Percy, Jason , Leo and.. Eric must come"
"Percy is a new Preator. He has no little experience here. He can not go for risk of a Preator dying." she said. I was really mad he needed to go.
"About that," Percy said, "I will be resigning as Preator. Jason deserves it. Any objections?" nobody said anything. An akward silence took place. I didn't know whether I should be happy or not. It makes sense i guess, now Percy will be able to rejoin the Greek demigods as their... What do they even call their leaders? Oh well he can lead them now.
"I will still remain loyal to Rome, however i will resume my status as a Senior Camper for Camp Half Blood- that is if they will accept me back." said Percy
"I Annabeth Chase, will allow you- Percy Jackson to resume your status." said Annabeth
I silently wondered why she had the power to do that but then i remembered something that Percy had said before. He told me that at Camp Half Blood you were ranked by your godly parent. It seemed pretty seperating to me. He also said that each.. I think he said cabin has a head. Usually the person who has been there the longest. He told me that Annabeth had been at the camp for the longest, and that made her the most powerful Greek demigod. She did seem mysterious.
Nico
Well this was going well! Not one person has objected to this quest! That really surpri-
"Ahem" somebody blurted out. Oh boy I spoke too soon. Out of nowhere Octavian appeared. Gods why I don't see how anyone could actually agree with this guy! i hated him so much. 
"Why waste our time on a quest that their isn't even a prophecy for!" he said.
I gathered up my courage. "It needs to be done. You know it does. You are just trying to disrupt this quest because you dislike the Greeks. Well too bad. We are going on this quest. You will learn to work with the Greeks. You know that is what is needed to defeat Gaea and her Giants! If you are against this quest you might as well go join Gaea because all you would be doing is help her win the war!" i said boldly.
That sounded really cool! There was no way even Octavian could weasle out of that one. He would have to support the quest. He knew it. I pinned him. I beat him at his own game of sabotage! It felt good.
"Well... Well if you must go on this moronic quest you better go soon. No need to postpone it." Octavian said with his lips quivering. The meeting was finally over. Percy, Hazel, Jason, Eric, and Leo were waiting for me outside of the meeting room thingy. 
"So where do we go first?" Percy asked
"There is a warehouse in Oakland that has a secret entrance. The demigods said where it was but they only said that i would need strong demigods to open the entrance." i said
" That's not much to go off of. Why did you choose us. I had a dream that told me who to choose." i answered. 
"I was hoping for a prophecy to guide us but so far no luck. We must leave soon either way. Prophecy or not." i said.
I know it seemed like a pretty bad quest but we would figure it out... Hopefully. We were walking past a water spraying statue while discussing our plans. 
"Percy!!!" said a girl, she sounded very intimidating. I jumped about ten feet into the air. It could only be Clarisse. She must be Iris Messaging us for some reason.
We all ran up to the fountain where her voice came from.
"What is it Clarisse?" said Percy
"It's Rachel..."
"What's wrong with her? Is she okay?" He said
"She is fine and all but she just gave a prophecy. We have no clue what it means."
"What?!? That's great. We need it! What is it?" he said
"Okay here we go...

Children of the big three
Will open the gate to see
And one to light the fire
Another to find the lyre
Made from the Golden sun
And find the intergalactic weapon

Will it help you?" she asked
"Yes. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks a ton Clarisse!"
last edited over a year ago
I will hopefully be able to post on thursday!
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesomeness!
big smile
it's thursday please post because your stories are awesomeness!
They r awesomer then awesomeness!! They r just to awesome to say!
AWSOME PE-OPLES this ain't AWSOME it's the greatest thing of the entire century( btw I m a frend of d Pinkbookworm if n e 1 nos her) N E way check out my story 2 if u can !
cool
I really do think u should try to put hazel and frank into this now( or r they not here at z moment)Should frank and Leo b enemies I think they should?
Hey people!! Sorry about not postin a chapter recently, but for me it is winter break and i havent had a good opportunity to do some quality writing. I finished a chapter but i really hated it when i was done so i deleted it and am trying to think of a better way to write it. I am not sure when my next post will be.
over a year ago absurdus said…
POST POST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!
monkey
I AGRE WITH ABSURDUS. POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­TTT­T. ( I AM WEIRD)
Post soon!
Poooooooooooossssssssssssssssttttttttttttt­ttt­ttt­ttt­ttt­ttt­ttt­tt
post already!
its been 15 days so post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!

A:n again sorry! I just finished writing this one again. It is absolutely nothing like the old one that i never posted but i like it better. It is not that long but be ready this quest is going to be fun

@everyone here i posted haha well here we gooooo!!!!!

Chapter 12
Nico
This was my quest to lead. Ig was finally my turn to shine. So Hazel and I represent Hades/Pluto. Percy represents Poseidon. Jason represents Jupiter. Theres the big three. Leo was obviously the fire dude. And Eric.. A son of Apollo. I never even meant to say his name when i was choosing who should go. I just blurted it out. I almost had no control over what i was saying at that point. The words were just flowing from my mouth. I don't know what the Hades the Golden Lyre is, but its some sort of instrument and thats Apollo's strength so i guess its a good thing he is coming along. Im not going to lie im nervous. All these people will be looking up to me for leadership on this quest. The only thing i do know is where the weapons are. I have know clue how to get to them. Its not going to be easy. The demigods said that the defences were very strong. Its almost time to leave.

Hazel 
Well its time to go on a quest to atop Gaea... Yay? I don't really Understand what this weapon is, but if Nico is scared of it it must be terrible. I mean that kid spends most of his life in the Underworld What could possibly scare him? Well im going to be brave, for him. Our relationship is weird. It confuses me. Im supposed to supplement his sister, Bianca, who dies a few years ago. I know we may seem and look alike to some, but to Nico we are very different. He still hasn't come to odds with his sisters death. I had no siblings. I dont know the feeling. The closest thing to family i had was my mother. I can't even consider her my mom. I just cant. I love her. However the things that happened with her scared me. I just can't force myself to call her my mom. Well back to Nico. He sees the differences more than the other people would. I can tell he is depressed whenever Bianca comes up. It's difficult for him. Also i'm not exactley sure how i'm supposed to act to all this either. I mean i was dead. Well i guess i better get ready it's almost time to go.

Percy
So after waiting to see Annabeth for so long what do i get to do? Oh yeah leave on a quest without her. Well this sucks. It needs to be done though. I hate Gaea. I can't wait to kill her. Well almost time to go

Jason
I still haven't even had a chance to spend some quality time with Reyna. Now i'm going on a quest. I feel like this quest is going to be a lot more dangerous than everyone thinks. I mean this is Gaeas army we are talking about. Oh well we will succeed. At least i am Preator again. That was nice of Percy. I felt really out of place not being... Well i guess just being without power here. I know that sounds kind of bad, but you dont realize what you have until its gone. It felt even weirder just being out of place at Camp Jupiter, a place where i have allways belonged to. Imagine leaving your high-school for a week and going to a rival school then coming back. Nobody wants to talk to you. I guess i'll just have to earn their respect back. This quest is the perfect oppurtunity. Well its almost time i better get ready.

Leo
Yes! I love quests! How do they expect me to not be bored without something fun to do. This place is a lot more strict than CHB. I hate it. I would rather just fend for myself in the real world. At least there wouldnt be any rules to follow. This quest seems fun. We are going to go get some insanely awesome weapons and then go tear Gaeas army up!!! I feel like some part is not going to go as planned. Oh well. Surprises are fun. Hopefully sometime during this quest I will finally be able to confront Hazel the one from my grandfathers memory. OH!!! Almost time to go!!!

Eric
Well i dont know most of these people, but they are definately all powerful and high ranking. I was really surprised when Nico said my name. I mean I've only talked to him like a couple of times. Well im glad i'm going. This will be my first quest! And its an important one to boot! Well almost time to go!
Awesome chappie!!
true that
Wait if the book is called Mark of Athena, shouldn't annabeth be on the quest asuming the Prophecy Ella said was that daughter of wisdom walks alone, the mark of Athena burns threw rome.
This isnt the main quest more of a quick sidequest
I think.
Okay so i have not had anytime to write lately you know some end of semester cramming and such but i have a few good ideas to go off of for the rest of this book. I might do a sequel also cause i got a lot for those. I'll post as soon as i finish the next chapter. Cya!
over a year ago Nemisis said…
kay
wink
Ohh ok nm. Hey maybe the flight gets delayed by something... Or some one? *cough* Kione*Cough* nasty time to get a cough right( wink)
POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!
big smile
please post soon!!!!!!
big smile
post!!!!
no one is posting! has fireuser abandened us?!?!?!?!?!?
post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sad
post soon!!
Alright people ik i havent posted in a long time but if anybody out there wants to co-write this with me it would really motivate me... Lol so if you want to post in here and preferably someone who actually has read it up to now
over a year ago UghRRmeesingme said…
smirk
This is awesome can't wait for next chapter, ugh frustration must read!
over a year ago WhiteRavenz said…
post!!!!
wink
Sorry to say this but it is most likely killed. I have very little time to write i am in high school and my AP classes take too much time out of my time and this frankly is my last priority. I might continue it at a later date but that seems unlikely. This has a strong plot line and room to do a lot in it so if anyone here wants to take over and write for this story you could send me a message. I would really like someone to do that.
Sorry people fireuser66