The Babysitters Club The Series Finale

cressida posted on Sep 20, 2007 at 12:54AM
Only while creating and locating material suitable for this spot did I discover that The Babysitters Club has actually ended. That's right, there are no more books after BSC 131: The Fire at Mary Anne's House.

First of all, Ann M. Martin wrote 131 Babysitters Club books? Woah.

Secondly, it feels strange that there is actually a conclusion to BSC. I read them when I was (7? 8?) and sometimes when I visit the Washington Island Library I pick them up and read a few (sentimental reasons, given that I'm 23). And I just felt like the series would continue forever. So that there is a finale book feels -- weird.

Next time I hit a library and notice a BSC book, I'm going to have to hunt down book 131. And feel old and young at the same time.

The Babysitters Club 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago marissa said…
wow, it actually ends??

im gunna have to look for that....
over a year ago bea_18 said…
crying
i really cant imagine that!!!!!
i thought it can be over 500 bookss duhhhhhhh im so sad for that......i cant believe ohhh im soooooo saaaaaad...............i hope i can find more books of bsc ....i heve 12 books from now!!!!!!
i love bsc sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo much
meh
i hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!1
over a year ago Mileyrayfan9 said…
I CANT BELEIVE IT ENDED!I read the BSC books ALL THE TIME!I really want to get book #131!
i will search all of those books

meh
wat!!
over a year ago fishypup said…
*sniff* I know. How sad is that? If the series had gone on forever, I'd have kept on reading and loving them and following the girls' lives as they grew up, too. I'm 23 now, and love the BSC as much as ever. I couldn't believe that after "The Fire at Mary Anne's House," there were no more. :*( The fact that a book like THAT concluded the series makes it even more bittersweet. It did kind of seem as if the series would just continue on and on...

Also, I believe that many of the books were ghostwritten under her name...no way did one person write 131 books, plus all the Super Specials, Mysteries, Super Mysteries, diaries, etc. xD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago DaBillmann said…
monkey
Hi there.

The Babysitters Club series ended but gave birth to two spinoff series. California Diaries, which followed Dawn's further adventures in Califnornia. These books were aimed at a lightly older audience, anddealt with a lot of issues teenage girls deal with. The other was Babysitters Club, Friends forever. This series deals mostly with the original four girls, but the others do pop in as supporting characters. Both series have since ended, but if you haven;t read them, they are more BSC books for you to read. Cheers.
^ That is true; I have read and enjoyed all of the other BSC books outside of the main series. It was still very sad for it to end...well, sad for each little sub-series to end,too... ;___; :*}
over a year ago jazjazjoy2 said…
sad
is there really a fire at her house ?? why is dawn in california???? im only on book 68 i have long way to go
over a year ago dawn77 said…
laugh
I have book 131#
crying
but im ssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo sad it ended
sick
Mallory gets mono
heart
^ Mal's my favorite, but I liked that book. It's a long series, and was incredibly fun to read, but that just makes it all the sadder when you reach the end...you're so attached to these characters and the setting and everything. It all feels so real. ;___;
over a year ago HopeGirl777 said…
heart
I really WANT to read 131 MaryAnne is my favorite character!!!
over a year ago court9008 said…
Actually, Book #131 is NOT the series finale. There's another book, which is when they graduate from junior high. Unfortunately, I forgot the title.
^ Yer thinkin' of the few "Friends Forever" specials?