The 39 clues Secret Messages In Books (all)

popcorn_flavor posted on Jan 10, 2010 at 01:52AM
There are real secret messages in the books!!!

The First Book: You'll find some random numbers and spaces in the spaces where the numbers should be on pages 129-153 middle of the book. Anyway, the numbers are letters of the alphabet. I'll let you find the message.

Book 2: I don't know...I'm working on it!

Book 3: The throwing sword thingy at the beginning of the book, and I mean you open it to where the cards are, and you look at the sword thing. It has a letter, a dash, and then a symbol. Through pages 39-67 there are symbols, and I think you can figure this out now. Decode. Ex: A-(square)

Book 4: There's a tablet in the beginning of the book, and just like the 3rd book, decode. Don't worry, you don't have to guess too much...but if you get stuck, the message is: Alistair was there the night they died.

Book 5: I don't know...I'm working on it!

Book 6: In the beginning of the book there's a list of numbers. Go the pages. Look at the words right above the number pages. Usually they say: "The 39 Clues" or "In Too Deep", but they will say something different. In order, they will make sense.

More book messages will be coming soon!

The 39 clues 92 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 92

over a year ago popcorn_flavor said…
mischievous
Hey I forgot! My card Code is: P297G747XP

Please add me...I'm an Ekaterina, but I don't have any rivalries...yet.XP
over a year ago VickieGammill said…
wink
The code in Book One is a simple substitution code where 1=A, 2=B, 3=C and so on. The code is where the page numbers should be --- starting after page 128. The code given is:
1-14-14-5 3-1-8-9-12-12 4-9-4 14-15-20 4-18-15-23-14
A N N E C A H I L L D I D N O T D R O W N

My agent card is: P2K9RXXPXP

Books Two and Three are also simple substitution codes, although not the same substitution as in Book One.

Book Two is in letters and starts after page 82.

Book Three is in symbols and starts after page 38. (Hint: Look for similar symbols next to letters on one of the shurikens.)

I haven't bought Book Four yet... I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow!!!
over a year ago VickieGammill said…
kiss
Book Two's code is: K-N-N-J S-N H-M-C-H-Z

A=B, B=C, C=D

It decodes to: LOOK TO INDIA

My agent card is: P2K9RXXPXP

Please add it. Thanks!
over a year ago Christyrox said…
hmmm
My card code is: P29HKFCWXP

I'm very sorry ot hear that you didn't receive any replies for a time. Anyways, do you have a used code for bok 6 cards? Just post it for the question: Can anyone give me a used code for book 6: In Too Deep cards?
big smile
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for replying!

Come again!
mischievous
Sorry. No, I don't have any unused card codes for Book 6. But I know that you can get universal card codes online. I have 61 agent cards and rising every day. But only 9 people have my card. Please Add:

P297G747XP
over a year ago amieljohn said…
smile
Hi, I'm totally new here in fanpop so I'm kinda shy.

I actually find out the secret message in Book 5: The Black Circle.

It is: OLIVIA HAD ANOTHER

I found out the message using the Card included in the book which is Card No. 94 Secret: Anastasia. I looked at the Russian Translation at the back of the card and used it as a reference in finding the message in the pages of the book.

I don't know who Olivia is and I'm not sure about the message. I hope this will help you guys!

My Agent Card: P2JR9CTWXP

Thanks Everyone!
over a year ago kjcahill said…
smirk
somwon as replide! go0sh pppffft u guys r wierd (i mean popcorn_flaver:9 )
over a year ago Christyrox said…
hmmm
Olivia is the mother of Jane, Luke, Thomas and Katherine Cahill. It probably means that Oliva Cahill had another child but she is illegitimate. I know that it's a she as in another part of the book, it says: "Remember Madeleine". (I got this from Wikipedia) Madeleine is said to be Grace Cahill's name but it could also be the founder of the Madrigal's name. I mean, that makes Madrigals Cahills too, since their ancestor is also Olivia Cahill.
mischievous
So many replies! I feel famous. Thank you all for replying and thank you amieljohn for telling me the code in book 5. Though I'm grounded and can't read, buy or do anything related to books, I'm always glad to find out information from people who can.

Thanks!
over a year ago qmzpvtal said…
Hey!Not a single person has answerd any of my questons!What am I?An ant!
over a year ago Mace1245 said…
smile
I found 2. Book 6 code is "Find The Other Ekaterina Scientist Who Came Close." Book 1 code is " Anne Cahill did not drown" or something like that. I am trying to find out more.
over a year ago flactem said…
laugh
book 7 codes are "MADRIGAL LEADER=GRACE" and "There is a Madrigal watcher" I got the 1st by looking at the letters on the spear in the front and back of the book. the 1st letter is on the 1st page the 2nd on the last page and so on. the 2nd is the same code in the card pack #2 booklet.
Recap of codes: Book 1 "Anne Cahill did not drown", Book 2 "Look to India", Book 3 "This competition is about Hope", Book 4 "Alistair was there the night they died", Book 5 "Olivia had another", Book 6 "Find the other Ekaterina scientist who came too close", and Book 7 "MADRIGAL LEADER =GRACE" and "There is a Madrigal watcher"
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago XxSANTIAGOxX said…
cool
how did u figure out code 5 6 the eighth book is because its there henry gm
over a year ago eraw said…
i'm flactem here are the book 8 codes are 1"Tenzing knew too", 2"Madrigals are behind everything", 3"They lay out the path others walk", 4"The end is coming", 5"Henry", 6"GM", 7"Because it's there"
I got the first by opening the book and i saw the symbols and g e t n o k w i or z under each symbol then solved it then i got that #'s 2-4 are the circled letters in the book start new one every capitolthere are circled periods too 5-7 book cover
Recapof book codes: Book 1 "Anne Cahill did not drown", Book 2 "Look to India", Book 3 "This competition is about Hope", Book 4 "Alistair was there the night they died", Book 5 "Olivia had another", Book 6 "Find the other Ekaterina scientist who came too close", and Book 7 "MADRIGAL LEADER =GRACE" and "There is a Madrigal watcher" Book 8 "Tenzing knew too", "Madrigals are behind everything", "They lay out the path others walk", "The end is coming", "Henry", "GM", and "Because it's there"
over a year ago Saturnvaga-M said…
GM stands for Grae Madrigal???
over a year ago tylivmom said…
big smile
Book 5 I used an translator from Russian to English took awhile to find the right one but the translation was......"Olivia Had Another"
over a year ago Iamsdog1 said…
surprise
OMG...Grace is a Madrigal!!!!!!...wait if grace is a madrigal...then so are Amy and Dan...Duh,duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
over a year ago Iamsdog1 said…
cool
i found a secret in book 5. Open the cover and the Eagle is holding a place covered in russian writing. I think it says remember madeleene or madeline.
over a year ago briannawashere said…
smirk
(to Saturnvaga-M)acctually, GM stands for "George Mallory". duhh
over a year ago lucian123 said…
smirk
GM are acually the initials of the man who Puyi told to hide a clue.
over a year ago lucian123 said…
surprise
Oops, briannawashere already said that.
over a year ago legodawg0088 said…
Hey just here to clerify some things since i just read the ninth book madiline is olivias doughter and the founder of thee madrigal branch and in the ninth book to find the secret massage look at the first few pages and youl see the key. the code is the page numbers again and it translates to they didnt tell them everything and on the back if you open it it will give a web address on the sail of the ship the address is the39clues.com/the truth it will give you a few pages of the tenth and final book oh and the madrigal watcher that a few people mentioned is the man in black. hope i could help you understand some things
over a year ago Lucianleader01 said…
cool
Olivia is the mother of all the branch founders: Luke(Lucian), Katherine (Ekaterina), Jane (Janus), Thomas(Tomas),and Madeleine (Madrigals) and the other she had is Madeleine because she had her the night of the fire and no one else knew because they already left.
over a year ago debdan said…
Anyone has the answer to book 9 yet?
over a year ago zachwalker123 said…
big smile
Book #2"s code is look in india but theres another one on the page next 2 the part of the book where u get the cards if u get the code u get a card replicater they added it the 39 clues website if u get tell me. Book 5's is olivia had another and book six is find the ekaterina scientist who came too close.
What is the code in book 8
on the website for book seven madrigal leader= grace it needs one more word
over a year ago beth0117 said…
sunny
add me!!!!! my agent card is P2C4XTHFXP .
over a year ago timbo67 said…
wink
I have the book 8 one. Madrigals are behind everything. They lay out the path the others will walk. The end is coming.
over a year ago lordvader443 said…
my card code is p3634x9cxp. add me and i'll give you a clue. that you can only get from an ultra rare card. i have all of the ultra rare cards and i have 23 clues.
over a year ago lordvader443 said…
laugh
he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!
over a year ago sockermonkey said…
smile
Book 7 : Madrigal Leader= Grace
Book 8: There's 4 apparently, on the page that says the copyright and stuff there's a thing to desiphire the code in the front which is Tenzing knew too. Tenzing was a sherpa who climbed mount everest with Edmund Hillary. ON the cover you can see the letters GM which could stand for george mallory or the George medal which he received.
Book 9: He didn't tell them everything
and on the back page there's a website www.the39clues.com/thetruth and if you go on it there are some pages from the next book
mischievous
OK guys,here's an update:

Well, shoot me now! You guys found messages in the books that I never through to think about. :) But anyway, here's the messages for ALL the books:

The Maze of Bones: Anne Cahill did not drown. This suggests that Anne had lived through a drowning fiesta and secretly had a family(shh)of Cahills.

One False Note: Look to India. Supposedly, the next book would take place in India, but of course, the Cahills go to Japan and Korea instead. That's Dan for for you.

The Sword Thief: This competition is about Hope. I capitalized the h in Hope because that's Amy and Dan's mother's name. She died in a fire set by (don't look if you don't want the story spoiled) Isabel Kabra. So apparently this message was dedicated to her. Cool.

Beyond the Grave: Alistair was there the night they died. "They" is supposedly Hope and Trent Cahill, and as most of us know, (spoiler) most of the characters in the 39 Clues books were there. Alistair, Isabel, Irina, the Holts, nearly everyone.

Book 5: Olivia had another. This is suggesting that this "Olivia" had another child, which, considering what we know, is a Cahill leader, but this is contrary to the earlier message in The Maze of Bones. In that message, it says >Anne< Cahill did not drown. So, who is it? Who was the mother of all four Cahill leaders? (And one other??)

In Too Deep: Find the other Ekaterina scientist who came too close. This is referring to Nikola Tesla, whose laboratory blew up in Krakatoa, and supposedly there is another scientist who 'came too close'.

The Viper's Nest: Madrigal leader = Grace. Since there is only one Grace in the 39 Clues, you have to say Grace is the evil mastermind trying to kill Amy and Dan...or...hmmmm...I suppose you'll just have to find out, won't you? Lol.

The Emperor's Code: Here, there's multiple messages, so here they are: Tenzing knew too, Madrigals are behind everything, They lay out the path others walk, and The end is coming. The other three messages are pretty easy, but they are: Because it's there, Henry, and GM, which stands for George Mallory. These are pretty self-explanatory, right?

Storm Warning: He didn't tell them everything. This is probably referring to the Man in Black, who told Amy and Dan had full resources of Madrigals and had active Madrigal status. He probably didn't tell them everything.

Hey, as soon as I get the 10th book, I'll post the message here!

-popcorn_flavor

Thanks again!
laugh
oh btw, thanks for posting comments. :)
over a year ago aaaaaazzzzzz said…
add this code: P29W72KWXP
over a year ago bacondude121 said…
SPOILER ALERT: BOOK 9

Olivia is the mother of the branch founders like Luke (Lucian Branch), Katherine (Ekaterina Branch), Thomas (Tomas Branch), Jane (Janus Branch), and Madeleine (Madrigal Branch) and Olivia had Madeleine the night of the fire and the others already split up, mad at each other. So, Madeleine was the founder of the Madrigal Branch. And when Olivia, the mother, was on her deathbed, Madeleine told Olivia that she would bring the family back together. Thus, trying to get all the clues like the rest of the branches and getting the family back with each other. Which also means, the Madrigals are the good guys trying to get the other branches back together while the other branches think the Madrigals are bad.

NOW ATTENTION: This is basically what The Man In Black told Amy and Dan, some of this stuff may be a lie because the clue in the book stated 'He didn't tell them everything'. But, we'll probably find the rest out in Book 10. :)
over a year ago quentin2012 said…
big smile
u know the secret message olivia had another? its pretty obvious that she had another child. maybe leading to the madrigals
over a year ago rmw2010 said…
cool
P3FMMWKHXP I cant wait for book 10, please add my card. The children of the families will unite!!!
over a year ago santiago1998 said…
smile
does any body know the code to book 2 on the front page?
over a year ago goddessoflife said…
hmmm
I found all the messages...except in one book and I can't remember which one.
over a year ago soccerstar95 said…
laugh
for book 6 you misted a word for the clue its: find the other ekateruna who came to close. you misted the word other its on page 113
over a year ago rugbylover2 said…
Book 1:anne cahill did not drown
Book 2:look to india
Book 3:the competetion is iabouhope
Book 4:alistair was there the night they died
Book 5: oliva had another
Book 6:find the other ekaterina scientist who came too close
Book 7:grace=madrigal leader
:tenzing knew too
Book 8:madrigals are behind everything they lay out the path the others will walk the end is coming
Book 9:he didnt tell them everything
:www.the39clues.com/thetruth
:18 15 N 77 30 W
fc
madeleine cahill

thats all the answers i have and does any one have a spare book 2 code and 3 thanx

plz plz plz add my card to your collection here is the code
P3D243WKXP THANX SO MUCH!
over a year ago scrapbookwiz said…
Book 2 clue: on the front inside cover has a shard of broken music that has an I,O, and N added to the sheet music notes-letters it says Gideon (the original Cahill)and the photo of his wife Olivia is superimposed on another shard.
does anyone have book 10 yet?
mischievous
Last update--

The Maze of Bones: Anne Cahill did not drown. This suggests that Anne had lived through a drowning fiesta and secretly had a family(shh)of Cahills.

One False Note: Look to India. Supposedly, the next book would take place in India, but of course, the Cahills go to Japan and Korea instead. That's Dan for for you.

The Sword Thief: This competition is about Hope. I capitalized the h in Hope because that's Amy and Dan's mother's name. She died in a fire set by (don't look if you don't want the story spoiled) Isabel Kabra. So apparently this message was dedicated to her. Cool.

Beyond the Grave: Alistair was there the night they died. "They" is supposedly Hope and Trent Cahill, and as most of us know, (spoiler) most of the characters in the 39 Clues books were there. Alistair, Isabel, Irina, the Holts, nearly everyone.

Book 5: Olivia had another. This is suggesting that this "Olivia" had another child, which, considering what we know, is a Cahill leader, but this is contrary to the earlier message in The Maze of Bones. In that message, it says >Anne< Cahill did not drown. So, who is it? Who was the mother of all four Cahill leaders? (And one other??)

In Too Deep: Find the other Ekaterina scientist who came too close. This is referring to Nikola Tesla, whose laboratory blew up in Krakatoa, and supposedly there is another scientist who 'came too close'.

The Viper's Nest: Madrigal leader = Grace. Since there is only one Grace in the 39 Clues, you have to say Grace is the evil mastermind trying to kill Amy and Dan...or...hmmmm...I suppose you'll just have to find out, won't you? Lol.

The Emperor's Code: Here, there's multiple messages, so here they are: Tenzing knew too, Madrigals are behind everything, They lay out the path others walk, and The end is coming. The other three messages are pretty easy, but they are: Because it's there, Henry, and GM, which stands for George Mallory. These are pretty self-explanatory, right?

Storm Warning: He didn't tell them everything. This is probably referring to the Man in Black, who told Amy and Dan had full resources of Madrigals and had active Madrigal status. He probably didn't tell them everything.

Into the Gauntlet:The Cahills aren't the only ones looking for the clues. As if we didn't already know. I don't know if Madrigals are counted as Cahills, but whatever. And for the record, I haven't exactly read the book yet. I got the book yesterday at Border's, and I'm going to read the whole series in a few days. Now I'm going to stop typing and get reading...I need to get busy!

P.S. I don't expect to write another update, so I'd like to say goodbye. :) Maybe I'll be writing another page soon...?

-popcorn_flavor
mischievous
P.S. Thanks for reading!
over a year ago NikkiA12 said…
Book Ten Secret messages *** Spoilers***

These two were a bit confusing to decode at first because the arrows are a bit confusing. The decoder is found at the back of the book on the 2nd last page.
The message hidden in the pages is "The Cahills aren't the only ones looking for the secrets" This is talked about at the end of book 10.
Also going along with this is the secret message at the top of Grace's letter at the very back (last page) of the book. It says "The Vespers are coming."
Referring to the next series or spinoffs from this series of books, the Vespers are the other family that are looking for the 39 clues. the family that "make Isabel Kabra look like Mother Teresa" according to Mr McIntyre near the end of book 10.
Looking forward to the new series, and the chance to solve more clues in those books!!!
add my agent car P2GRMHHKXP
mischievous
Hey guys...last time, I promise. :) I collected all Clues. Finally. And if you're expecting to get some reward from the website, there's nothing. I didn't even know I had all 39 until I checked my profile today. If you want to add a high-end Clue hunter and undercover Madrigal, take this code. P297G747XP

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM­­M­­M­­­M­­­M­­­­