Sweeney Todd if you REALLY love this movie...

claire-aka-bob posted on May 07, 2008 at 06:47AM
add a comment or fact about this film or the crew and cast that not many people know and whoever adds the most - wins!.

okay i will start,

The running time for sweeney todd is 116 minutes ♥

i bet you didnt know that XD
save

Sweeney Todd 53 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 53

over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
i have another one for you...
(sorry couldn't resist!)

the writter of sweeney todd (the film 07) is called John Logan ♥

(i bet some of you knew that =D )
over a year ago lampovgwaith said…
i did know that lol
over a year ago lampovgwaith said…
did you know that there are 275 actors that took part in the film

bet you didnt know that
actually i did! ♥
over a year ago just_me said…
claire-aka-bob you must be a sweeney todd expert
thank you, i am arn't i! ♥
over a year ago szmootyi said…
Meryl Streep, Imelda Staunton, Cyndi Lauper(?????) and Emma Thompson were all considered for the role of Mrs. Lovett
I hope no one knew that :)
last edited over a year ago
cool, i knew about Emma Thompson but non of the others ♥
thanks for that : )
over a year ago mrslovett_love said…
helena bonham carter had to take 3 months of singing training before doing the film, WHILE PREGNANT!
and she rehearsed making pies while learning the songs as well :)
yeah i knoew that one lol it was in the behind the scenes vids lol ♥
GOOF: Because of the actress's real life pregnancy and filming out of order, Mrs. Lovett's chest size varies greatly throughout the movie.
yeah i deffinatly knew that one!
i have seen the movie over 50 times! it would be hard for me to not miss that! ♥
Okay wittyhead then what about this one:
When Sweeney first goes into Mrs. Lovett's shop, she sees him and sticks the knife in the cutting board with food stuck on the right side of the blade, when we come back to see the knife again, the food is on the left side.
ahh now i never noticed that ;) ♥
(i love that song too much lol)
well done :)
did you know 2 babies played baby johanna? ♥
oh yeah i knew that
The title in Spanish: Sweeney Todd. El Diabólico Barbero de la Calle Fleet
and in Hungarian: Sweeney Todd: a Fleet street démoni borbélya
how could i possibly know that, i only speek english ♥
plus thats not a fact about the film thats just its name in different languages?
Why not? These r facts and these r about the film!:)
And the babies who played baby Johanna are called Gracie and Ava May
thats a fact! not languages! ♥
over a year ago tommoxx said…
i didnt know that ♥
i have two for you :

1. in the song 'ladies and their sesitivities' (where Beadle is telling Turpin about how he needs a shave) the street they are walking down is not real!

2. in the last scene Johnny acctually throws Helena into the furnace but (obv) its not turned on
hehe i have another one!

you see Mrs.Lovett's living room three times through out the whole film, during the song poor thing, when Mrs.Lovett get the bottle of Gin off Toby as he has fallen asleep infront of the fire and in the song nothings gonna' harm you
during the first two times you see it she has different wallpaper than in the last one!

bet you didn't notice that! ♥
over a year ago danni-obel said…
sasha baren cohen sang all the songs from fiddler on the roof in his audition to get in the movie.
yeah, i knew that lol it was in the behind the scenes videos ♥
over a year ago hanababey said…
well i no dat my friends was the first song johnny depp ever sang and that Helena Bonham Carter has hyperactive eyebrows
yeah i knew that, also on the behind the scene videos lol :) ♥
after helena had her baby she said during the film when her breasts changed sizes it was like from melons to tangerines :P
shes so funny
p.s. go to www.mrs-lovett.org for funny quotes from helena ;)
over a year ago sweeneydarksoul said…
that is sort of an easy fact to find, to tell the truth
over a year ago wehaveedward said…
ummmm Helena Bonham Carter wanted to be mrs. lovett since she was 11

no one had heard johnny depp sing before My Friends
when helena was pregnant through half of the filming, she couldn't listen to tim's directions and notes properly, so Johnny had to direct her and point where she had to go, because "her brain was totally out of it" :P
over a year ago siri_soul said…
wow! how did you know that?
over a year ago emma_728 said…
Johnny and Helena had to audition for Tim!
over a year ago Sweety_Sweeney said…
big smile
Tehee, my friends call me the expert of Sweeney Todd, u must get the same too.
Facts: My boyfriend and I look like the characters XD lol naw jk, thatd be funny, now seriously:

Man there are so many to choose lol

Some know this, Todd lifted his head up so Toby could kill him and the chair is a character in the movie. Tehee, um... Its hard to hear in the song My Friends but while Todd sings a 'Til now your shine Lovett is singing and now your Mine. lol.
oh claire, i did notice the change in wallpaper
over a year ago Katrinabarker said…
There is a actual chance Sweeney Todd was real...
Tim Burton quotes " People who go to slasher movies dont go to broadway shows and people who go to broadway shows dont go to slasher movies." HEHEH
over a year ago DeppRox said…
Johnny Depp's daughter was ill in the hospital and he couldn't make it to filming so Tim directed the movie out of order, skipping over he scenes Johnny was in.
over a year ago xXSweeneyXx said…
He was gone for 10 days.
over a year ago DeppRox said…
I didn't know that.
over a year ago SweeneyTodd2010 said…
big smile
Architectural errors and shit that u should notice if u have watched the movie so many times u cant even count anymore

did you know that there is a stair case going to no where between mrs lovetts pie shop and her parlor? if the stair case actually led to the barber shop, it would be where mrs lovett went to get his razors from the floor
there was another architectural mistake too....the way his barber chair was positioned, and when the dead "clients" were send thru the trap door to the basement, they would go right thru mrs lovett's pie shop towards the front window, but they dont, so that means that mrs lovett's pie shop and the upstairs barber shop must have to have been on two different areas. unless they had a way of getting around basic physics. lol
over a year ago Frizzhead said…
tongue
Angela Lansbury who was in the earliest sweeeney todd was asked what she thought of Johnny depps one and she thought it was much better than the original.

Bet you didnt know that
over a year ago xXSweeneyXx said…
I never heard that one before! That's really interesting, I really wanted to know her opinion on the movie, thanks for posting it! And Burton's quote about how people who go to Broadway plays don't go to slasher movies and people who go to slasher movies don't got to Broadway plays is hilarious. The first time I heard it, I laughed because I love Broadway plays and slasher movies.
over a year ago SweeneyTodd2010 said…
really? Angela thought Depp's was better than original ST? wow. thats a great compliment seeing as she was part of the original musical. i liked Depps ST better also, hehe
over a year ago ILuvSweeneyTodd said…
big smile
sets in the movie were reused.
the one at St Dunstans Market was built on Pinewood's S Stage and was used for a number of scenes.including sweeney's and pirelli's contest.
by incorporating movable walls and interchangeble storefronts,Ferretti (production designer) created a set which extended and transformed into London's Fleet Street (a set which included the interior and exterior of Mrs Lovett's pie shop and the exterior of Sweeney's barber shop).this was an ingenious idea;cost effective and simple.
the interior of which was built on R Stage;along with the bakehouse and Judge Turpin's ballroom.
over a year ago MrsNellieLovett said…
laugh
SweeneyTodd2010 actually told me this one:
Johnny Depp didn't wear a wig for his role as Sweeney. They just made his hair darker and put a white extension in for the streak.

I bet some of you have probably heard about that. If not, then you just learned something new!
over a year ago Frizzhead said…
The casting person is named susie figgis
over a year ago bellatrix97 said…
it tells you that at the start of the movie

emm...i heard that Johnny didn't pay for any singing lessons, he just recorded himself then listened to the result. :)
over a year ago MadamOcta13 said…
Hmm, I actually think that Johnny had the singer from the old band that he was in coach him.

The exact end of the song "Johanna" (right before the scene change to the market) marked the 30 minute point in the movie exactly.
over a year ago obsessivefan10 said…
big smile
I think we should continue this!! It's very interesting! Some quotes I bet you didn't know: 

Stephen Sondheim:

"Yes indeed, I think that Todd and Mrs. Lovett have been lovers, though not by his choice, I suspect."

HBC About mrs Lovett:
"I wanted her sexual and sensual and not older than Sweeney. I think Sondheim always saw her as older than him and a sort of maternal figure. I wanted her to have a side that was a bit of a slut, frankly. I even thought maybe she makes her living by being a prostitute, which was pretty common in Victorian times. But Sondheim didn't like that idea at all."

And

"I think she’s got a mother obsession. She thinks that she’s Mother Lovett, as it were, that she’s Mother Nature and she’s got this maternal instinct toward people, a bit toward Sweeney and definitely toward Toby. She’s a frustrated mother.
I made a bit of a thing maybe she was a mother and had lost her child. That might have sent her over the edge,”
over a year ago MarlenaLovett said…
Johnny Depp said that lathering Alan Rickman with the shaving cream during the song "My Friends" was one of the most akward moments of his life.
Johnny Depp couldn't get down the graceful motions need in the "Final Scene" so Helena and Johnny were put on a spinning machine to make them look like they were dancing smoothly. But, the day they were doing that Helena had morning sickness (because she waqs pregant) and about every five minutes she had to stop and sit down.