Star Wars Age difference between Anakin and Padme

Moonsith posted on Jan 12, 2010 at 06:22AM
The biggest problem i had with the prequals is the ages, The problem was when the next Episode started Anakin had got older by a few years but Padme never looked like she aged at all. For Example: between Episode 1 and 2.
What do you think??

Star Wars 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago jedigal1990 said…
hmmm
i don't see it i mean in episode 1 anakin was just a little boy whereas padme was in her early teens so what i'm trying to say is it seems that padme has less growing up to do whereas because anakin was a little boy they had to show that he grew into someone in their late teens does that make anysense
Lylix1 commented…
I just thought same thing watching the marathon all this week on TNT this Sept 2016. He was 10,Padame was a teen, 16,I assume to be old enough to rule,but mature,smart,educated,& capable & so was he for his age. I like that kid he was so cute with the long hair,still when hair wad cut,but not the same. It made him look older. Loved the smiles at end of Episode 2. She was 26 in #3 & there is a slight difference. She is the gorgeous lead so can't make her look too old like the rest,for you dont look way too old or older till you hit big #'s specially if you have young baby face or youthful face. He was 20 since not seen in 10 years. If ypu look the wardrobe,makeup & time from film theu all changed slightly & the actor to play older him,well that is a different story. It isnt samr actor that grew up,for it be 10 years b4 they could make part 3 & the rest be too old,so that would then be way off,which this one wasn't. over a year ago
Lylix1 commented…
I just thought same thing watching the marathon all this week on TNT this Sept 2016. He was 10,Padame was a teen, 16,I assume to be old enough to rule,but mature,smart,educated,& capable & so was he for his age. I like that kid he was so cute with the long hair,still when hair was cut,but not the same. It made him look older. Loved the smiles at end of Episode 2. She was 26 in #3 & there is a slight difference. She is the gorgeous lead so can't make her look too old like the rest,for you don't look way too old or older till you hit big #'s specially if you have young baby face or youthful face. He was 20 since not seen in 10 years. If you look the wardrobe,makeup & time from film they all changed slightly & the actor to play older him,well that is a different story. over a year ago
Lylix1 commented…
Amorher question is the Chancelor really the Sith bad guy at end of Episode IV ? Forhetting nane of Jedi Master wo trained OB1 & Tajes in Aniken at 1st pkayed by Niam Neisem,which all was brilliant casting. Each film is greater or great in of itself. Love them all. Not know of IV till see it on video rental. Love crazy JaJar Binks with his tellung we is going home. lol. So cute. He is such a clutz, gets in trouble like at market on Tatuine orTatooine. lol. over a year ago
over a year ago Moonsith said…
yea i can see wot you mean but thats a detail G Lucas should have looked into more because Padme looks like her age has frozen in time when all the others are getting older.
Lylix1 commented…
Totally mistaken. Seems like it at first,but watch it few times till u get it & see it,pause them if u must. Trust me that is only freezing that is going on. Pun intended. lol over a year ago
Lylix1 commented…
If u pause the films few times till can se it,I promise it is pnly greeze going on,for they show the age they have to. She is lead & only few years since 1st Episode & ypu cam make her look old when she is only 24. She is mature & looks older & sounds in her firm speaking,decisiveness,& strength in leading. over a year ago
Lylix1 commented…
wait just got another watching episode 3 I amay have mentioned wrong somewhere mixed up with the originals &1-3. anyhow with all backwards can't keep it right when mentioning it. Hiw do they get the robots friend 3CPO & R2D2 if Aniken left them behind. i am trying to kerp eyes on screen nw to see as TNT is repeating for wasnt much all last few days. u hate typos had on rest of my prior post. I wanted all perfect. oh well. over a year ago
Lylix1 commented…
this one had them too. darn. i give up. lol over a year ago
over a year ago GalindaGirl said…
meh
I agree, even Obi-Wan looked older. But I just realized that Master Windu never looked older either. But that is a mistake I haven't noticed, good noticing!☺
Lylix1 commented…
Not really the baldness of Samel L Jaclso,plus he is black. Allot of black age very fair or tage years ages or real old to get wrinkles or look really old plus he looked older as he was maybe in his mid to late 30's here for he is pretty old now or twice yhat since the films has been 30 years or so 20 years 70's-90's,& now 16 or so more makes almost if not over 30 over a year ago
over a year ago Moonsith said…
big smile
They could get around Master Windu getting older cos Samuel L. Jackson was bald so he got away from the gray hair look lol
Lylix1 commented…
Plus most blacks don't wrinkle till way old most of the time It is rare when younger & depending the perticular person, their life,stress they go through or problems,strength,genetics,etc. over a year ago
over a year ago pokeman101 said…
tongue
listen to the saga begins it tells u the age difference well age anyway link
over a year ago bbgrlbksmith said…
It is only a 5 year age difference in the first place, and the second movie takes place about 10 years later. It makes sense looking at it. In the first movie Anakin is 9, and Padme is only 14. Plus, with costumes in the first movie, Padme is going to look older than she is. She is, after all, royalty and must look older and wiser to rule the planet of Naboo. The ten year gap would make Anakin look much different compared to Padme since she already looked so old.
over a year ago Tigu701 said…
smile
When I look at star wars 1 and 2 I can see that she has aged. In ep. 1 she looked so young but in episode 2 she looked more like an adolt. And Anakin was 9 years old at the beginning of star wars 1, but he turned 10 years before the end of the movis because he is 20 years in star wars 2. It´s only 4 years between them and it´s not so much.
Lylix1 commented…
You got math wrong. If she was 14 & he 9 she is almost 5 yrsrs older or 4 & few months or just 5 as 14-9=5 & u spelled adult wrong or was it a mere typo ? Adult is with a u not an o thpugh it sounds like it. It's the uh or ah sound not oh or ooh or uuh over a year ago
over a year ago Lylix1 said…
You misspelled adult & got the math wrong. She was 5years older,but when he was 10 he was a kid & she was 14 a teen. 10 years later he was only 19,but still too young as she is 24. Just weird. A bit suggestive stuff don't agree with entirely.
over a year ago Brssock said…
don't know if this has been offered. But Padme and and Anikan are from different planets and are slight;y dissimilar in genetic structure. She simply ages at a slower rate than he does
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago missdoney said…
Some persons don't look like their age, I'm 21 years old and everybody says that I'm look like 15/13 years old.