Star Trek: The Original Series Is Chris Pine The Right Kirk For The Job?

makintosh posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 07:29PM
What do you think?

Star Trek: The Original Series 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago peterslover said…
smile
Chris did a good job as Kirk in the latest movie. If (we all hope) there is another movie(s), Chris MUST remember who his character is. I mean, he can put a little of his own thoughts of what Kirk would be like younger, BUT he MUST still stay true to Bills' interpretation of Kirks' personality. "so shall it be written, so shall it be done." !!
over a year ago AcidBanter said…
smirk
I thought he was great. peterslover has a good point that he needs to incorporate Shatner's Kirk into his performance, but with the alternate timeline Kirk is a slightly different person so Chris can bring a little bit of his own to the role, but he made a great job of the character. Of course William Shatner is the true Captain Kirk, but I will happily watch Chris play a younger version.
over a year ago supersunny102 said…
only thing I can say is, no one could ever be our captain besides William Shatner! so what does that make chris Pine? Not our Captain!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Flummy said…
wink
I didn't see Chris Pine as Kirk. I don't like the idea, there is a Kirk who isn't played by Bill Shatner but as long as Chris Pine knows how to play Kirks personality right it's O.K., I think, just like peterslover said.
I didn't see Chris Pine as Kirk. I don't like the idea, there is a Kirk who isn't played by Bill Shat