Spartacus: Blood & Sand Spartacus and Illythia

brashcandy posted on Mar 20, 2010 at 02:51PM
Based on episode 9, and it's shocking twist, where do you see the relationship between Spartacus and Illythia going? Is it going to remain acrimonious or will they be drawn to one another?
save

Spartacus: Blood & Sand 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago brashcandy said…
Well! I've just finished watching Episode 10, and obviously Illythia is determined to destroy Spartacus, so my original idea that they might be drawn together seems horribly incorrect. Poor Varro! This episode appears to mark the turning point for Spartacus and I believe we will see his efforts to escape Batiatus' rule. And he is getting close to the slave girl, Mira. Hmmm.. I can't wait for episode 11!
over a year ago papa said…
I feel like every episode is a punch to the gut at this point. Episode 10 was awesome in that the writers of the show clearly aren't holding back and will do whatever's necessary to create real pain and suffering for Spartacus. I'm definitely bummed out about what happened, but I think the way it unfolded and why it unfolded made for excellent tv.

Poor Varro indeed!
over a year ago brashcandy said…
You're so right about each episode being a punch in the gut. During each episode I'm constantly holding my breath waiting for something terrible to happen to one of my favourite characters. It's what makes the show so wonderful, even though it is heartwrenching. The writing is so gripping and the intricacies of the plot makes it absolutely fascinating to watch. I'm really praying that nothing bad happens to Lucretia's slave girl Naevia! Although at this point anything is possible given what happened to Varro. Just at his highest moment, when he was reunited with his family and things looked promising! The next two episodes will surely be filled with drama.
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Same here.. There were a lot shocking things that we never suspected like Varro's death...Also Illythia turn the path of darkness, of killing anything that would affect Spartacus.. I mean the show is fabulous..I do feel for Spartacus in end of "Episode 10" had no choice of killing his best friend..I mean I wanted Varro to see his wife and two children..Also another thing that I keep on seeing in the show there something between Illythia and Spartacus.. Its like there something else between that there are connections that kills..