Slumdog Millionaire , the Book: "Q&A"

marissa posted on Apr 17, 2009 at 12:08AM
I was just wondering if anyone else has read the book Slumdog Millionaire is based on, "Q&A" (republished as "Slumdog Millionaire").

If you haven't read it, don't read further, in case there are spoilers.

I LOVED this book. It was really different from the movie, but still so amazing. I think I even liked it better then the movie!

Anyways, if you guys read it, what were your thoughts?
last edited on Apr 22, 2009 at 07:57PM

Slumdog Millionaire 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago smoore23 said…
I really want to read it but when I went to the library I found out that all the copies had already been checked out. I'll try again though because you're not the only one who said it was good.
over a year ago 1treehillfan said…
Haven't read it, but I saw the description of it, and it was NOTHING like the movie, which I actually found some comfort in.
It made the movie feel more special; more original.
over a year ago marissa said…
laugh
^^ Exactly. Even though the basic ideas are the same, the movie and the book are actually very different. And both great in their way.
over a year ago amandaj said…
I read the book, before I saw the movie. And when I saw the movie, it was really different from what I expected. I thought the movie would be a bit closer to the book. But now that I think of it, it doesn't really matter that it wasn't. Like you said the basics are the same, and both the movie and book are great in their way. But I do like the book more than the movie :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago SMFan4eva said…
heart
i thought the Book was WAY BETTER than the movie!!!! the movie was amazing but the book was way better!link