Severus Snape TOP 3 SNAPE QUOTES

xBlakeslady posted on Dec 10, 2009 at 09:13PM
Heeeey Guys.
I can't find a "top quotes" anywhere so i'll start a topic:

3."Well, well, Lupin. Out for a little walk... in the moonlight are we?"

2. "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'"

1. After all this time? Always.

Severus Snape 73 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 73

over a year ago lilith84 said…
here are mine:

3."What would your head have been doing in Hogsmeade, Potter? [...]Your head is not allowed in Hogsmeade. No part of your body has permission to be in Hogsmeade."

2. "Would you like me to do it now, or would you like a few moments to compose an epitah"

1. "And my soul Dumbledore? Mine?
over a year ago xBlakeslady said…
OMG lol i love yours too!
Would you like me to do it noow, or would you like a few moments to compose an epitah. Love ironic Snape.
over a year ago snapeislove said…
3. have you ever consider that you ask for too much, that you take too much for granted? has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that i dont want to do this anymore? (HBP movie)

2. ..and now you tell me that you've been raising him like a pig for slaughter.. (im not sure if that's the exact line.. but i loved it.. i dont have the book now, its borrowed. damn)

1. always. *sob* *sob*
ohh, I love your #3. When you know the context of that quote, it's just heartbreaking.... *sniff*
over a year ago snapeislove said…
yeah.. same here lilith84..

i want to add this.. "for us its real.." aww.
over a year ago Roxas1314 said…
Everything he says is to be treasured forever...I have no top 3...just hearing him speak is heartbreaking...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago LoveforSeverus said…
"Always" was really the quote that broke my heart but i agree with Roxas1314
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
Roxas1314 took the words right out my mouth.
over a year ago JAlanaE said…
heart
The quotes you already posted are great! I could add...

... from the books:

- ‘This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?’
‘Yes,’ said Harry, still breathing hard.
‘You’re quite sure of that, are you, Potter?’
‘Yes,’ said Harry, with a touch more defiance.
‘This is the copy of Advanced Potion-Making that you purchased from Florish and Blotts?’
‘Yes,’ said Harry firmly.
‘Then why,’ asked Snape, ‘does it have the name “Roonil Wazlib” written inside the front cover?’
Harry’s heart missed a beat.
‘That’s my nickname,’ he said.
Your nickname,’ repeated Snape.
‘Yeah … that’s what my friends call me,’ said Harry.
‘I understand what a nickname is,’ said Snape.

- ‘Look … at … me …’

- ‘And what will you give me in return, Severus?’
‘In – in return?’ Snape gaped at Dumbledore, and Harry expected him to protest, but after a long moment he said, ‘Anything.’

... from the movies (you'll have to imagine the sound and his expression for those :P):

- "Obviously..."
- "No idea..."
- "Indeed..."
- "Don't ... lie ... to me!"
- "Get... out..."
- "Turn to page 394!"
- "Are you unable to restrain yourself or are you taking pride in being an unsufferable know-it-all?"
- "Put it down, Bella. We do not touch what isn't ours."
Potterhead1199 commented…
'After all this time?' over a year ago
over a year ago ncisfan001 said…
I think no matter what the #1 quote is "Always." Everytime you read it, it breaks your heart.

over a year ago GeniusNextDoor said…
"Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four..."
over a year ago rickmanrenthead said…
Oh god, that is so hard! I do love always but my top three are probably (In no particular order) :
- The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure.
- You and Black, you're two of a kind, sentimental children forever whining about how bitterly unfair your lives have been. Well, it may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair. Your blessed father knew that, in fact he frequently saw to it

Those are definately my top 2
Are we going by movies or books?
over a year ago SnapesRose said…
heart
I think its from the movie, where Snape says to Harry..
"You won't last 2 seconds when he invades your mind" THUD!!!
I've that on voice file, and I get weak every time I hear it, I imagine Severus invading my mind :D Not that he'd have to do much invading, considering he already is a part of me :D
over a year ago SnapesRose said…
heart
Also, need to add... "I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare your senses"... THUD!!!

When threatens Sirius in the Shack "I BEG of you" meaning, I dare you!

I also love... "I will" as well as "Yes, I am the Half Blood Prince".. THUD!!!!
over a year ago HotJugs22 said…
My favorites are

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach,"

"I may vomit."

"Oh very good....ghosts are transparent."
When does he say "I may vomit"? I don't remember!
over a year ago HotJugs22 said…
I think it was just in the OOTP movie, when he's reading Harry's mind. He sees a touching scene between Harry and Sirius and says "I may vomit." xD I love it.
over a year ago FallenTears said…
crying
Mine will always be..

1) Always (cryyyy)
2)Yes, ghosts are transparent.
3)Your head is not allowed to be in Hogsmead. No part of your body has permission to be in Hogsmead.
4) Look...At...Me (crrryyyy again)
5) I know what a nickname is.
over a year ago Bluekait said…
here`s one:

DON`T CALL ME COWARD!!!!!
over a year ago Julia1312 said…
kiss
I 4get to listen wat he speaks cuz its difficult 2 take my eyes off him
over a year ago nene72 said…
Not my top 3 as the've already been mentioned above but some of my favourites:

1) "I have no idea. Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage. And Crabbe, loosen your hold a little, if Longbottom suffocates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork, and I am afraid I shall have to mention it on you reference if ever you apply for a job."

2) "Why, yes, I suppose I am."
This is in response to Sirius's question, "Are you calling me a coward?"

3) "How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather!"
over a year ago gloriassainteye said…
heart
I can't think of a single thing to add, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's picks. I'm being reminded all over again why we all love him so much.

"Always."
over a year ago nene72 said…
mischievous
@ gloriassainteye: he's even awesome when he refrains from saying anything. I love that scene at Slughorn's Christmas party:

Harry: Sir, I really think I should rejoin the party, my date-

Snape: -can surely survive your absence for another minute or two. Besides I only wish to convey a message

Harry: A message?

Snape: From Professor Dumbledore, he asks me to give you his best, and he hopes you enjoy your holiday. You see, he's travelling. And he won't return until term resumes

Harry: Travelling where?

Snape pauses for effect then walks away
over a year ago ScarlettSeverus said…
Must it be top three? O r can it be just favorites?

Severus Snape: You sent for me, Headmistress?
Dolores Umbridge: Ah, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them or not. Have you bought the Veritaserum?
Severus Snape: I'm afraid you have used up all my stores interrogating students, the last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison Potter - and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did - I cannot help you.

Professor Snape: Potter, what's your hurry? Congratulations. Your performance in the Black Lake was inspiring. Gilllyweed, am I correct?
Harry: Yes sir.
Professor Snape: Ingenious. A rather rare herb, Gillyweed. Not something found in your everyday garden. Nor is this.
[holds up a bottle]
Professor Snape: Know what it is?
Harry: [sarcastically] Bubble juice, sir?
Professor Snape: Veritaserum. Three drops of this and You-Know-Who himself would spill his darkest secrets. The use of it on a student is, regrettably, forbidden. However, should you eve steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice.
Harry: I haven't stolen anything.
Professor Snape: Don't lie to me! Gillyweed may be innocuous, but Boomslang skin? Lacewing flies? You and your little friends are brewing Polyjuice Potion, and believe me; I'm going to find out why!
[shuts the door in Harry's face]

Professor Severus Snape: There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few...
[stares at Draco Malfoy]
Professor Severus Snape: Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death.
[notices Harry scribbling on his paper]
Professor Severus Snape: Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!

And then, of course,

"Always"

"Look...at...me..."
over a year ago MCF2000 said…
turn to page 394 heheh

"always" *cry!!!!!*
"look....at....me..." *CRYY!!!!!!!!!*
over a year ago Hades223 said…
Unless you'd like to poison him, which i would be...sincere to do...I am of no help to you
over a year ago Danea said…
mischievous
My Personal Favourite is In HBP ... "(Silence, Looks at Bellatrix.) ... "Take Out Your Wand" ... One Word For That ...O.r.g.a.s.m.i.c ... Ahhh Love It!
over a year ago fredsblackdalia said…
my favorites are:"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach,"

and "Always" When i read that line for the first time it made me want to cry because of his devotion to lily even though she hated him.
over a year ago karenmiller1972 said…
I love how, with just small movements, silent pauses, and one brief word, he can project irritation, annoyance, humor, sarcasm, irony, etc. I so enjoy just watching that gift being used.....
And everyone has mentioned so many of my favorite moments...
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­**
Harry Potter: [to Snape] He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!
Dolores Umbridge: Padfoot? What is Padfoot? And where what's hidden? What is he talking about Snape?
Severus Snape: [pause] No idea.
*****************************************­***­**
Snape strode forward, past Dumbledore, pulling up the left sleeve of his robes as he went. He stuck out his forearm and showed it to Fudge, who recoiled.
"There," said Snape harshly. "There. The Dark Mark. It is not as clear as it was an hour ago, when it burned black, but you can still see it. Every Death Eater had the sign burned into him by the Dark Lord."
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­**
That is just as well, Potter," said Snape coldly, "because you are neither special nor important, and it is not up to you to find out what the Dark Lord is saying to his Death Eaters."
"No -- that's your job, isn't it?" Harry shot at him.
He had not meant to say it; it had burst out of him in temper. For a long moment they stared at each other, Harry convinced he had gone too far. But there was a curious, almost satisfied expression on Snape's face when he answered.
"Yes, Potter," he said, his eyes glinting. "That is my job."
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
Professor Severus Snape: You ought to be careful. People will think you're...
[sees Harry staring at him]
Professor Severus Snape: Up to something
over a year ago ChristineGrey said…
where is the part with ghosts are transparent?i don't remember...
over a year ago Eva_Nightvvish said…
wink
"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." ;)
over a year ago imslytherin100 said…
smile
i have 1!

< Aha! our new, celeberty.>
over a year ago imslytherin100 said…
or this: (Its from the book,) T hand holding harry thudded to the floor, and Severus Snape moved no more. <sniff...>
over a year ago NessieCarrow said…
Here are my fav

1. "Fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is, Miss Granger, I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor."

2."Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my... displeasure."

3."The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure."
over a year ago ADMJCXNK97fan said…
i haven't seen the rest of the movies yet (i'm a newcomer...) but i've seen now up to DH part 1.....will def see DH2 VERY soon!!! hahaha, in total, my favorite scenes (because i can't pick out the LINES......too impossible!! hahaha)how about 3 fav SCENES from each movie?!?
---------
Harry Potter-Philosophers stone=
1-first potion class with snape :D :D
2-where he catches the gryffindors 'up to something'(his expression is PRICELESS!)
3-where he senses somebody is around when harry is under the invisible cloak (and his reaction when filch reports someone is out of bed)
_____
Harry Potter-CoS
1-Snape scolds the boys for wreaking havoc and being seen by 7 muggles,
2-where he 'defends' the 3 by the fact that perhaps they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
3-Where he defeats Gilderoy without much effort.....that WHOLE duel scene actually (one of my FAVS!!!!!!!!!)
_______
Harry Potter-PoA
1-Where Snape catches Harry in the corridor, and is like 'Well, well, Lupin" (LOVE his emphasis on Lupin), when Lupin comes out
2-where he replaces Lupin as a substitute teacher,(page 394)
3-where catches Sirius and then defends them from werewolf Lupin
_______
Goblet of fire
1-Veritaserum----that whole scene :D
2-where the dragon follows harry crashing through that 'stadium' and blowing everyone to the side, Snape's expression is priceless as he gets back up!

I like the deleted scene between Snape and Karkaroff.
3-Where snape and the rest catch barty crousch & he identifies the pollyjuice potion which barty's been drinking to impersonate moody, he and harry exchange looks when Dumbledore comments on who actually has been stealing from his supplies(because earlier Snape suspected Harry of stealing from his office)
_________
Order of the phoenix
1-the way snape looks @ umbridge when she's introduced as DADA teacher
2-Teaching occlumency to Harry (especially the way he drags him down the stairs!!! LOL)
3-The part where umbridge wants veritaserum but he can't help her (his 'smirk' makes you smile haha) and then the way he says 'no idea' when harry tells him about padfoot! (his expression was once again.......PRICELESS!!!)
_________
Half-blood prince
*the guy who has a crush on Hermione throws up*
1-you just bought yourself a month's detention-NOT...so fast Potter (cuz harry tries 2 sneak away hehehe)
2-put it down Bella we mustn't touch what isn't ours
3-you just................know
AND
4-Yes, I'm, the Half.........Blood..........Prince (aren't his pauses so torturing? talk about crucio!!! LOL!!!)
___

BUT i love every scene with Snape! any time i get to hear him talk it's so awesome!!! especially his 'Mr...Potter..."
over a year ago fantasyfreaks said…
crying
ALways.
I thought you would keep her...them safe.
Look...at...me.
take it. take it.
These are some of my favorites in no particular order.
over a year ago SlyterusSnape said…
1. "Always" (cry):'(
2."Look...at...me" (cry)
3."You have your mother's eyes" (cry)
4.‎"Would you like me to do it now, or would you like a few moments to compose an epitah"
5."Anything"
6.‎"Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'"
7. Why don't tell him?

over a year ago lovewar66 said…
I AGREE WITH ROXAS1314
over a year ago MichaelxxRupert said…
3. "After proving your self against a full grown mountain troll, a little game of Qudditch should be easy work. Even if it is against...Slytherin."

2.(at the Slughorn's Christmas Party)
"You've just earned your self month's detention...Not so fast Potter" LOL :)

3. Umbridge: So first you applied for the Defense Against the Dark Arts Postion?
Snape: Yes.
Umbridge: And you were unsuccessful?
Snape: Obviously.

I have many more favorites but they've been listed already...
over a year ago cuteypuffgirl said…
laugh
"Look...at...me" omg dat quote makes me cry! :(
"Always," EVEN MORE!
"I may vomit," lol from OftP memory scene
"What would your head have been doing in Hogsmeade, Potter? [...]Your head is not allowed in Hogsmeade. No part of your body has permission to be in Hogsmeade." hahahaha go SNAPE!
over a year ago Weasleytwins34 said…
"Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me, I shall give you a Babbling Beverage."

"Always."

"I understand what a nickname is."

Those aren't neccisarily my favorites, but those are the ones that come to mind immediately. Especially always... :')
over a year ago dannylynn92 said…
heart
It's real for us
Always
and my soul dumbledore mine?
over a year ago slytherin00 said…
smirk
So glad I get to put this up.

Perhaps it would prudent to first teach the student to block unfriendly spells.....professor

-HPCOS
over a year ago KyraEmmaWatson said…
heart
3:"Would you like me to do it now, or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?"
2:"We've kept him alive so he can die at the proper moment.. You've been raising him like a pig for the slaughter."
1:"Always.."

Ohw I ♥ SS
over a year ago karenmiller1972 said…
I keep loving reading through these and having flashbacks.....
over a year ago dottzie36 said…
gosh hard to choose just 3 ( so 3 from books and 3 from movies :D)

You just... know? Once again, you astonish me with your gifts Potter. Gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be, to be the chosen one.

Put it down, Bella. We mustn't touch what isn't ours.

I may vomit

"Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'"

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them - I, the Half-Blood Prince! And you'd turn my inventions on me, like your filthy father, would you? I don't think so

"Another ten points from Gryffindor. I would expect nothing more sophisticated from you, Ronald Weasley, the boy so solid he cannot Apparate half an inch across a room. ( just because taking points from gryffindor is so satifying :D)

and of course from both and probably the most heart felt word ever uttered
ALWAYS

I love that when i read the book quotes i hear AR's voice *sighs*
^^^ahhh, I love, LOVE your choice of book quotes :D Snape-sarcasm rules! :)
over a year ago vampiregirl92 said…
Humm so many choices! lol. I don't have my books with me so I think i will just do movies! Alan is amazeing!!!
1: "He has no reason to doubt my loyalties Igor" (dramatic stare down) Can you say the same?"
2:In the shack talking to Sirius and Remus "Look atyou two, quarling like an old married couple!"
3:And my personal favorite "You father was swine!"
over a year ago lilysev1134e said…
laugh
look at you two quarling like an old married couple.
You have your mothers eyes.
people would think your up to something.