Reading Is Unhealthy?!

rosie_nightshad posted on Jun 08, 2011 at 11:45PM
I know its not but it sounded like a better title than, 'Does anyone else get this?' Cuz at school everyone knows I read like 24/7, I get teased alot for it but I ignore them, but nowadays people like to take my books and say reading is unhealthy! (reading actually excersizes the mind) Has this happened to anyone else?

Reading 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Nemisis said…
no I always have a book even in the cafeteria at school but I'm aggressive and have trained people to leave me alone .... I haven't hurt anyone but dark brown eyes against skin nearly as white as snow with orangy-brown eyes can be scathe ... ecspecially on a goth girl my advice tell them that if reading is unhealthy than whatever they do insted is probobly deadly or them to get their podex away from you

podex means well I cant say whet it means but its pretty rude in latin
over a year ago lina899 said…
angelic
i don't think so. generally speaking, reading is a very good habit. and appropriate reading is quite good to improve our wisedom.
over a year ago KirbyDerby said…
smile
Well, they probably don't know it but, in a stretch of the imagination, it is somewhat bad for your eyes. Studies show that playing close-up gaming consoles or reading (with your eyes being right by the page and all) can harm your eyesight. But that's no big deal... read anyways. ^_^
over a year ago katniss311 said…
@Kirby that totally happened to me. I am very very nearsighted now but at least i can still read books! Reading is only unhealthy when you have a cold and you read till eleven o clock PM and then fall asleep and then a couple hours later you wake up from a weird dream and read another book until four and then you read another and then you have to go take MCAS. Then it is unhealthy. So i really don't understand the people that say its unhealthy, because I'm like, "you don't see me read at night!" :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago QwertyOrPen said…
It's just not good for us to read, you know. Soon we get ideas, and thinking....

Srsly, if it's unhealthy to read, then I'm probably the unhealthiest woman around. I either have to have a book, magazine, newspaper or Internet screen nearly nonstop. TV bores me, and the real world is boring too. Just like Belle, of course, my favorite Disney princess.
over a year ago 1999jacko said…
If reading is unhealthy I should be dead by now because I read about 4 books a day and finish them all
over a year ago spellpatronus said…
Same.
over a year ago spellpatronus said…
Once, my whole class (even my teacher!) pretended that if you read too much you die. At first, it was funny grabbing their gloves and waving them in their faces, but then my friend srarted giving out my phone number to the people I hate, so I ripped the page un her notebook that has my phone number. All because I read all recess!