Psych Mistakes

Councilman posted on May 29, 2008 at 06:03PM
Shawn notices everything but there are things wrong in most if not all episodes,ie: Weekend Warriors. #1.If a bullet were stuck in the barrel the gun cannot be fired. Because it's a mussle loader.
#2.The size of an exit wound has nothing what ever to do with the distance from the gun.
#3.The size of an exit wound is always larger than the entrance unless it's an armor piercing round that hits only soft tissue on the way through.
Pilot episode and all others. The location of the Psych office does not exist, there is only 1 pier in Santa Barbara not the two you can see from the office window.
Just a couple to start you out I have many but why should I have all the fun. What can you see if you pay attention. Don't be Psych'ed out Henry Spencer wouldn't like it.
I love this show.

Psych 30 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Councilman said…
Okay Here's another error for those who don't pay attention like Shawns dad taught you to. Back to the Pilot episode. Shawn is making out on the sofa and calls thepolice about the the stereo robbery's. He tells them the manager did it and adds that the license on the news van is expired. They show the plate and it is expired. But the plate is on the front of the van. The tag in California is on the back plates not the front. Whoops another error.
Come on class. Try to keep up here.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
No offense, but if there weren't these mistakes, would the show be better? Most of them aren't important to the story, and they're not often noticed by viewers anyway. (At least not by me, but maybe I'm just inattentive) I think that in most TV shows there's bound to be small inconsistencies, but they just need to be ignored.
heeeresjoyce: You've missed the point. The object is to make you more observant a better viewer. Nothing was said about mistakes detracting from the show. The show is about the power of observation. Like Monk. Of course there are mistakes in every TV show and Movie. In fact some have been done on purpose.
The point here is can you detect them buy paying attention? The show is great I wouldn't change a think except Gus. He's a negative Nelly. But that's the writers. Enjoy.
over a year ago tessajanuary said…
Ok, this is a good exercise, Councilman! I haven't watched any Psych for quite a while, but now that I'm on summer break, and I've just re-watched pretty much every Office episode, it's time for me to revisit Psych. I'll be back with some that I've noticed soon :)
Okay new one: In episode 207 If you're so smart why are you dead. In the "Reveal" Shawn says to the the suspect: All your life people thought you were younger than you looked.BUZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong! What he should have said is: All your life you looked younger than you were or are. I know you all heard this. Class Classsssssssssssss!(From Cheech & Chong) Help me out here. I can't possibly be the most observant guy in this forum. I have been holding back here. I have so many I have not revealed. This is a major error in the writing. I spent the best three years of my life in the 3rd Grade.
Go to USA Network and watch to see if I'm right. This is fun and you can play too. Let's keep the writers in line here.
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
What's wrong with that phrase? There's no grammatical errors as far as I can tell.
Its backwords. It's grammatically fine. The way it's said he would look older when he actually looks younger. See? It's subtle but it means too very differnt things.
over a year ago Woobie1 said…
yeah yeah yeah there are mistakes big flippin deal they don't exactly have the biggest budget in the world...you try making a perfect show with absolutly no mistakes on a 10 dollar budget!
Wobbie It's not about fining fault or making it a big deal. Why is it so many people don't get it. It's about being observant like Shawn. You don't seem to get the concept.
Try not to be so angry. It's a game.
over a year ago astroasis said…
I don't think there's anything wrong with finding mistakes in a show. It can be fun. I just don't usually do it, myself. XD Although I do disagree with what you said about, "The object is to make you more observant a better viewer." Being observant doesn't make someone a better viewer. Observant folks are no better or worse than unobservant ones. We just enjoy the show in different ways.
Episode 303 Daredevils, Shawn and Gus go to a Motorcycle show steal a bike I assume we're to think he returned. However he gets in Gus's car and they drive away with Shawn wearing a leather Jacket that is not his. Opps SBPB psychic has light fingers.
over a year ago ipeter89 said…
Episode 304 ... They should be in Santa Barbara, California But since they r shooting in vancouver so u can see Vancouver stores all over the place ... esp. "White Rock Muffler" lol ... mistake i guess but still Show is amazing :D
ipeter89 I decided early on that the locational errors have to be forgiven they are so numerous.
But in episode 304 you will see toward the end Uncle Jack drops his bag and Shawn picks it up as the helicopter comes up the cliff face. Suddenly uncle Jack has it and runs off with it. Magic or opps?
There is also a question as to when Shawn and Gus had time to swtch the coins for rocks but I won't make a big deal over it. This was a good story and was happy to see Henry get a little more air time. You know I think Eurecka on Sci Fi may also be filmed in Vancouver BC. It's a cost issue.
Episode 305, Disco Didn't die.
Shawn, Gus, and Henry do a reverse power turn out of a driveway and loose the right front wheel cover off the Couger. A few seconds later in the chase it's back. Is this Psych or magic?
This is almost too easy.
Point: I don't list all the mistakes I see only enough to get you thinking. I hope.
By the way this was a good episode. I just love this show. And I'm glad to see Henry having more air time.
Do you think the writers read this stuff?
"Christmas Joy" After Shawn and Gus Gain the release of Carl the Con Man, he is seen agruing with his daughter next to their car outside the police station. Opps. Unless Santa Barbara has a new unheard of service to bring suspects cars to the station this is a big opps.
Oh yea the car is parked in a Handicapped space. And how did the child get from Solvang the nearly 30 miles to Santa Barbara in the first place? But that might be nit picking.
Just had a chance to watch the Pilot again and in it Shawn a nd Henry are in a cafe and Shawn wants cake. Henry has him close his eyes and asks which letter is out in the exit sign? Shawn thinks and saws "The X" opps. Those signs are lit with one bulb a single letter can not go out. Oh what fun. ANd I missed this before too. Opps on me.
I can't believe there are not a lot of people who can spot mistakes in these episodes. I really think some of them are done knowingly just to see if we pick up on them.
I'm only post a couple at a time of the many I find. Jump in and have some fun. Become a JR.Psych detective.
over a year ago lil_squee said…
Okay, how about in episode 203 "Psy vs. Psy"
In the beginning where Special agent Lars Yuing is gloating about the "Psychic" Lindsey Liken saying that she was "We already have our own psychic, she just started in the department, and she is already a superstar, got us so close the the counterfitter a month ago when we were in Woment (correct me if im wrong about the spelling..) Illinois, must have missed him by only a "few" minutes.
Later when Shawn is making his big reveal, there is a flashback, instead of the previous line, he says "she got us so close to the counter-fitter a month ago in Woment Illinois, probably just missed him by "five minutes"
When Shawn reveals where the money was hidden in "Psy vs. Psy" he kicks the bag over, only it lands on it's face, or front of the bag, in the next scene it's lying on it's back, and upon the following scene, it's on it's back again, personally, i think this "mistake" was done on purpose.
Episode 201 "65 Million Years Off"
Okay, this one is completely irrelevant like most, but after Shawn shows the sketch of the dinosaur, and the scene starts with the front of the "Psych" office, notice that the blinds are closed. upon walking in, they are open, before the had a chance to get to them.
smirk
lil_squee: You play well congrats, SALUTE!

In "Six Feet Under the Sea" little Shawn is talking to Gus about how his plan to ride a dolphin is coming together and says as he steps off the bus: "It's a perfect storm". The phrase comes from the book "A Perfect Storm" published in 1997 and made into a movie in 2000. Yet here is Shawn using a phrase that didn't enter the lexicon for another 10 years. opps.
One small detail. Shabby was to be released off San Miguel Island. The tracking devise location on the lap top is less than 5 miles off San Miguel Island, as is the release location in the Captains log. But Gus says it's the wrong place. Opps Gus got it wrong.
I also just learned that Gus's company car is not sold in the US. It's another Canadian thing and I can't take credit for noticing it. But it is another, opps.
In "Lassie did a bad bad thing": Something's not right. After the gun shot it's less than two seconds and the lights are back on. Lassiter would have seen the shooter leave, unless he was in the utility room after the shooting, turning the lights back on. That being said the shooter would be trapped or caught by the CSIs who were on the scene asap. We know that Drimmer wore night vision during the shooting meaning he knew the lights were going out. How? It doesn't add up that he could turn off the lights, do the shooting, turn on the lights and get away unseen. Kenny the drunk Loggins could have seen Drimmer go into the room with the light control box. But couldn't have seen any more than Lassiter in the dark. Your thoughts?
One other small detail. When Henry asks little Shawn to tell him what he hears back in 1987, Henry turns on the stove and we hear the electric spark igniter clicking. Oops! That device wasn't invented until 1989 and went into poduction after that.
hmmm
IIn Earth wind and...Wait for it.
In the room of suspect Bodie Lambert we see Shawn stand on a chair and poke the ceiling tile and down falls Bodie. Four things are amiss.
No.1 Why was Bodie in the ceiling? Was he sleeping? How the hell did he know to hide from SBPB?
No.2 How did Bodie get to the part of ceiling from where he fell ? Shawn had to move a chair to reach the ceiling with a night stick thingy.
No.3 A suspended ceiling is held up by flimsy wires and aluminum frames and will not support a person over 3 lbs may be.
No.4 When Shawn asked Bodie where the mystery man took him, Bodie said he didn't knw because he had a bag over his head most of the time. Fine, he didn't know where he was taken, but he sure should have known where he escaped from.
Anyone else catch any of this stuff?
Remember I always leave something out.

Now go do the right thing. Wait a minute I'm not Dr. Laura.

"Tuesday the 17th" a take off on Friday the 13th and it came out on Fri.13th very cool. Before they agree to go to the camp, Gus is way too eager and positive wanting to help when he's the one who always wants to call the cops in these cases. Then he touches the "blood" when he normally would run screaming like a little girl. Shawn should have been suspicious from the start and not take so long to figure it out. But I could be wrong.

"An Evening with Mr. Yang". The box car Shawn, Gus and Mary jump onto has hand grab handles. Box cars don't have them never ever, and the doors are always closed so you can't jump on the train.
The glint Shawn sees in the office from the pier is impossible. A glint has to come from sun light and not in shade. The clue on the picture had to be written placed in the frame, hung on the was and still give Yang time to escape. In about 7 seconds? I think not. Another time related question? In the very begining is it possible that Gus went to the bath room at the restaurant did his thing washed his hands and got back in 50 seconds or less? He really does have a small bladder.lol
One final thing. How did Mr. Yang get two cars into a drive-in that is not there? Not in Santa Barbara or Vancouver, BC. Movie Magic I know. There were once over 400 in California, now just a hand full.
Still great episode.
I was going to let this one go because it's a habit people have but in slide show on Mr.Yang both the Chief and Mary point remote control at the screen to change the slide as if it were a TV/VCD/DVD what ever. Just a small thing it was noticable and possibly done on purpose as I believe many of the simple errors are.
over a year ago Housewhore4 said…
Just rewatched the Pilot. I realize many things change from the pilot episode based on whether or not it gets picked up and the writers still sorting out the little details. But, if anyone noticed, the "Psych" panel label on their office changed colors. No big deal, also the office is differently sized than it is now.

I was actually impressed with the continuity from 1 to 2. When the first season in 2006, I noticed they dropped Anne Dudek, but I always just assumed they didn't like her character and replaced her with Jules. However, turns out, they actually didn't just drop a character. Shawn told Gus in The Spellingg Bee that Lassie's Girlfriend got transferred for Juliet. Nicely done, though I still never understood why they dropped Dudek, maybe they wanted a love interest for Shawn and they knew they couldn't do this with her since she was Lassie's GF and that would cause too much tension?

They also did say Lassie had a wife in the first episode, which I also thought was a continuity error up until I watched it yesterday. Funny things you miss. And sorry, I'm kind of going against the purpose of this thread, but I showed my misobservations instead, haha.
over a year ago james9999 said…
in the american dues episode when the guy grabs emilina in the bath room the shower curtain covers both of them but then when they fall down it suddenly is only on her (its in between them instead of over them)!!!
over a year ago huddygirl2 said…
Shawn has a photographic memory right? but he always forgets stuff if you ask me this means Shawn in fact doesn't but has a very good memory.

okay I typed in food inside of good lucky for me I cached this before I posted it.
over a year ago BlueBerries30 said…
Maybe it’s just me, but finishing the tv show Psych I noticed what I thought was a pretty big mistake. In S1E2 when Shawn first reads Juliet, he claims that her family is amazing and her parents have been together for “what 30 years now.” Juliet asks if they know each other, implying that he was accurate. Fast forward a few years and we learn that not only are her parents not together, her father is a con man. I would let this go, except that on learning that Shawn isn’t really psychic, Juliet is very upset. If he’d botched his first reading with her, I find it hard to believe she would had so much faith in him. P.S. love the show!! (despite its flaws)