P.S. I Love You THE ACCENT

Michellebob posted on Dec 29, 2007 at 05:18PM
I am appalled to put it mildly at the "irish" accent that Gerard Butler had. We dont speak like that over here!! He sounds like what a leprauchan might sound like. My friend beside me at the cinema laughed whenever he talked because it was so bad.
I know thats very harsh but i was very mad.

P.S. I Love You 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago doyouknow said…
Oh God it was awful! i was cringing through the whole thing! The movie was unbelieveable but the accent made it unbearable
over a year ago luvrob said…
the accent was sooooo cute...i loved it especially when he said "love"
dont all irish people speak like that?
over a year ago Michellebob said…
NO we most certainly do not!!
over a year ago luvrob said…
lmao!!!!
how is it then??? i loved it...how is yours and his different?
over a year ago ainsliebaybii_x said…
smile
Haha does it really matter?.. he looked sooo good!! surely that lets him off the hook? haha.. the irish accent is hard to copy
over a year ago Michellebob said…
He spoke exactly like hollywood thinks we talk, so i suppose i cant fault him too much. and you're right ainsliebaybi it is hard to copy but i guess its easier for me to hear the difference coz i hear it everyday. :)
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
Well I like the way Hollywood thinks you talk. But I do understand how frustrating it is, nobody can do a proper Australian accent either. Maybe when I go to Ireland I'll change my mind but right now it seems so sexy to me! lol. I totally see where you're coming from though!
over a year ago SidneyAce said…
I loved Gerard in this movie. He was so sexy. I loved the way he looked, the way he talked, the way he laughed and the way he sang. He is so irresistible.