One Tree Hill My view of Lucas/Lindsey/Peyton

Leyton4ever posted on Feb 22, 2008 at 06:23PM
As for Lucas, you guys all probably know that he's my favorite character and in no way to believe what he's doing is right. But I have to say he may have started this whole thing but he is no way is the only one to blame. It just seems that everyone acts like everything thats happening is Lucas's fault. It just isn't they are all adults that make their own decisions, stupid or otherwise, they make them. Last I checked the girls have minds of their own and are able to make their own decisions. If they think Lucas is worth fighting for(and in my opinion he is) then so be it. Sure Lucas never should have left peyton when she said someday to his proposal, but as far as we can tell she until now she never tried to do anything about it. Should Lucas have proposed to Lindsey absolutely not, but I believe part of him loves her(not the way he loves peyton) and he really didn't want her to leave, now if she wouldn't have found the ring he wouldn't have proposed, not that it's an excuse but i guess in that moment its all he could think of to do to keep her there. It's her own fault for saying yes. Of course she would love to have the man she's in love with ask her to marry him, but she knows hes in love with another woman she just wont let herself accept that fact, therefore I chose to longer feel bad for her in anyway, from the moment she said yes to luke's proposal she brings whatever happens next on herself. Not that I think Lindsey should just give Lucas up because Peyton's back. If I thought for one second that he could actually be anywhere near as happy with LIndsey as he would be with Peyton, or that he could love lindsey the way he loves peyton I'd say go for it lindsey fight for him, but thats simply just not the case. As for Peyton, she knows how much Lucas is in love with her even if he won't admit it, she should fight for him if thats what she really wants.

But I guess as I'm babbling my whole point is just that Lucas is not to blame for everything. I blame Lucas for two events. The first one is leaving Peyton when she said someday to his proposal, the second asking Lindsey to marry him when he didn't really intend on doing that. But beyond that Peyton didn't have to wait three years to try and get lucas back(which it seems she has), that is her fault. Accepting Lucas's proposal thats Lindsey's fault. The fight that leyton had in episode 5.06 was awesome, i truly think they needed that, as offbase as some of the stuff EACH of them said was, if thats how they felt then they needed to say it. I think that fight was good for both of them. They eached blamed the other for giving up when truly they BOTH gave up and they both know that. And for that I blame both of them.

One Tree Hill 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
I'll just say that I still expect that most of you hate lucas, but truly not everything's his fault!
over a year ago mtoll4 said…
I think that Lucas have done a lots of terrible things, but yes he is not the only one!! I dont hate him.. I love him, he has just changed a bit, and he is kinda like a different person now. But deep inside, he is still Lucas and he have a sweet heart, and I hope he will find the old Lucas again, because I loved that Lucas.. I`m not saying that he is a totally different person, but he is not the same.. Well, neither of them really are, but Lucas have been acting really unlike him self.. I hope he realize that soon, and understand that he is hurting many people, include Peyton, Lindsey and himself!! ++..

But I still love him, because I know he is not a bad person!!
:)
Yea I definately think his actions are terrible, I guess I was just trying to point out that not everything is his fault, which some seem to think.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that still loves him. He's been my favorite since the pilot, and always will be, even when he sucks lol :)
last edited over a year ago
haha:D even if he sucks, we love him :D
I have also loved him since the pilot, I hated Nathan, but now I like Nathan more I think.. But thats because he have changed soo much, but still, Lucas is a really sweet guy with a good heart :)
over a year ago Leytonfan4ever said…
I agree with what you said, and everything isn't his fault, but part of me is glad that for ONCE lucas is to blame for something! Because when LP were cheating in S1 and i guess most people say in S3 alot of people were blaming peyton! And i don't understand luke was part of it, yet alot of people let him off the hook and just dumped all the blame on peyt and that wasn't fair! So im glad that people are blaming luke even tho he isn't to blame for everything! And i was actually surprise that people where blaming luke (along with peyt) when LP kissed in 507, i wish i could've seen that 4 years ago..lol! Anyways im one of those people who still love luke! But like mtoll said, he's acting different this season and im not liking it, but i still love him!!!
Your absolutly right, almost everybody blamed Peyton in S1 and S3, but Luke was to blame too.. I mean, I love Brooke, and I was really mad at Peyton when she did that, but it went over, I love Peyton too, and Luke, I couldn`t stand him for a second, but they are both really nice persons and you forgive.. I`m so glad Breyton got friends again, I love them :D
And I`m glad Brucas is over, I mean I love them, but they are not ment to be.. Its Leyton! Luke just need to "come back" and realize that :P
I miss the real Luke:P
I don't really even like brooke but I still hated that they hurt her, I blamed both of them the whole time. I miss the real Luke too. I'm glad Brucas is over too :) Never cared much for brucas a couple, they make good friends though, and I like to see breyton friendly again. as for nathan I hated him in the beginning, I can now tolerate him as his characters gotten better over the seasons, and I like the scenes with nate and luke when they aren't fighting lol...still wouldn't say I really like nate though. Pretty much I love Lucas and Peyton, don't care much for nathan and brooke, and haley is just kinda in the middle, i used to like her more.
over a year ago Leytonfan4ever said…
I hated nate too half of S1, but after seasons went by he grew on me and now he's my fav. OTH guy! He's my 2nd fav. character behind peyt, but this season brooke is growing on me and i think she might just take his place..lol!
i dont know to me brooke and nathan, i don't hate them exactly, but they give me little reason to like them. i like brooke alot more this season than i have in the past but out of the main 5 she's still number 4 and number 5 thats reserved for nate, don't see that changing lol.