One Tree Hill ISSUES.

Lila856 posted on Nov 13, 2007 at 07:59PM
1. There is soooooooo much sleeping around, like if you do that everyday, can you at least pretend to feel bad that you are such a big sinner AS A CHILD??????

2. A person decided to wait to have sex till they were married, GOOD FOR YOU HALEY. Oh yeah but that doesn`t mean that you should marry the guy you feel you are in love with in like what 2 months?

3. There is SOOO much drinking. I understand, highschool kids drink but they don`t get drunk & hook-up w// random people. Also, they have curfews & need to get home to do their homework lmao. It wouldn`t be such a big deal if they weren`t teens or if they were in college. THEY`RE ALL DRANK OUT FOR COLLEGE.

4. How did those ugly tank tops w// PEYTON`S artwork make Brooke like the new Cocoa Chanel in 4 years? Mhmmm thats annoying.

Love the show, HATE THESE FEW THINGS.

last edited on Nov 13, 2007 at 09:59PM

One Tree Hill 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ClaireB58 said…
I think that having these things in the show is just something you can laugh at it doesn't mean that it is wrong, cos we are not doing these things, and I personally like the clothes over bro's stuff.
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
The things that went on in the first 4 years of the show do happen in real life.

People sleep around even though you might not be doing it.

I never knew someone who got married so young in my high school but it does happen.

People are drinking at a younger age every year. Alcohol is so accessible to people but it is up to you to drink it.

Brooke has evolved and so has her sense of fashion.

Four years is a long time and I feel that they all have grown up in some way. Thank God for that because all the drama was getting to be a bit much.
over a year ago Lila856 said…
Yeah but was anyones high school experience really like this? Pshh but then again, it is television.
over a year ago georgiapeach91 said…
Lila856, I agree with most of what you said, especially about the sleeping around. I guess this does happen a lot in high school but the amount on the show still seems like a lot. I totally agree about the Haley/Nathan situation in that I was glad she waited until they were married to have sex, but they definitly rushed into it WAY too quickly. Also the main issue I had with the show is that they never do any homework. They talk about getting into college, but they do no work and I can't imagine that they would have good grades to get into a good college. Like Haley, how could she become Valedictorian with all the other problems she has going on, she would have no time to keep up with work. Well, if they showed them doing homework all the time the show would be really boring. But these were issues I always thought about when watching OTH, thanks for addressing it!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago sk8ergirl08 said…
I agree on what most u had say. Uh*Oh go Lilia lol. I do love the show but not the issuss u had put hehe!!
<3
over a year ago dermer4ever said…
i agree with what you say. In my school some of my friends did some of the things on this show. Also it just a tv show so it not that realistic.
over a year ago sk8ergirl08 said…
i agree!!
over a year ago doyouknow said…
Em, well where I'm from it's pretty much exactly llike that. And we're only 15! So it'll be a lot more extreme in 2 years
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
I also think it was great that haley waited until marriage to have sex...but that doesn't negate the fact that they were only 17 when they got married and they really didn't know each other that long, I don't think that is the greatest message. I was only 19 when I got married but still couldn't picture getting married in high school!

as for the drinking I think that is pretty accurate. many teenagers go to parties and drink and such so I don't find it all that uncommon, maybe not the greatest message to send but not to the extreme either.

as for the not doing homework thing and curfew thing. well honestly the only "parent" we ever really see is karen. sure deb and dan are their but they didn't seem to care and then once nathan emancipated himself it didn't really matter. as for peyton her dad isn't home most of the time and we hardly ever see haley's parents either, besides once she got married I think curfews kinda go out the window lol. and yea we see them in school but we never see them doing any type of work. yea i mean i don't watch to see them do homework, but it would be nice if they at least mentioned it or if you saw them doing it even if only for a second or something...and yea i'm annoyed that haley missed pretty much most of her junior year of high school but still managed to be validictorian.

as for brooke's designs they werent that bad lol...
over a year ago Laurra said…
agree with everyting Leyton4ever said. especially about the part about most of their parents arnt there to stop them. my mum and dad wont let me go out drinkin every night!
i dont get why haley still got to be validictorian either cause in my school if you dont have a reason for not being in like your ill then your in trouble and it count as truenting and w.e! she maybe the smartest but they could give it to another smart kid who has been in most of the time!
over a year ago Lila856 said…
OHH wow this is so old,
yeah i agree with everyone
but it is t.v. a.k.a. not real
over a year ago SG1-090 said…
i dunno about everything else but i'd say the amount of drink was alrite if not LESS than what some kids drink.
over a year ago doyouknow said…
I'd say it is! And I agree with Leyton4ever about the homework thing .. But like I never ever do mine and I'm not every night

Yeah it is a t.v show but I think it's quite realistic in a sense. I know people who would get the afetrnoon off school and go for a session down at the radisson or at a free gaf or something. Or before a rugby match or our local 'disco'. Yeah it's annoying but Mark was probably just putting what he knew was happening down on paper. Maybe so people could see what was going on?

We do't have Valedictorians in Ireland but if Haley spent her entire Senior Year at the top of the class might that count for how she got it?