One Tree Hill The Brucas Appeal

shearer7 posted on Feb 10, 2009 at 08:14PM
I will admit, in the beginning I was a big Brucas fan, but I think that was all because of the real life relationship. They had great chemistry which was apparent in the acting, but ever since the divorce, I no longer understand the appeal of Brucas. Although Sophia is too classy to put it into words, the fact is that Chad cheated on her with a teenage extra. I just feel like it's mean to make her kiss & have love scenes with a boy who did that to her & I say a boy because a real man does not cheat. I guess I just have a soft spot for Sophia because I know that I would probably vomit if I had to kiss the boy who cheated on me, but then again, that is her job and she does it well. Obviously, I have a certain distaste towards Chad, so that may be the only reason that I don't like them, but I just want to know why people do like them. I'm not trying to be mean in any fashion or insult any fan, I really just want to know why everyone likes them because they are obviously the favorite couple. So, I know that are hundreds of Brucas fans out there, so please let me in on the secret!

One Tree Hill 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TheBoySawAComet said…
there is nothing appealing about Brucas lol. i know i'm not a Brucas fan, so this isn't much help... but i'm just letting you know that you're not the only one that doesn't see what's so appealing about them, because i don't see it either! no one can deny that their chemistry in the high school seasons was great, but their actual storyline as a couple i have never found appealing. plus since their divorce, i just don't see them having the same chemistry anymore that they used to.

oh and i wouldn't say "they are obviously the favorite couple" either... because that is definitely a matter of opinion. it is very very close between Brucas, Leyton, AND Naley as far as which couple is the favorite :)
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
yea i wouldn't say they are definitely the favorite couple either...now as for the appeal of brucas, i guess they were cute in the high school seasons but overall their entire relationship never worked for me...i guess i can see why people did like them.....however at the same time i like to try to seperate their personal lives from the show...and well in my opinion brucas sucked just as much when chophia were together as they have after the divorce...got nothing to do with it
over a year ago kellyerin87 said…
there is NOTHING appealing about Brucas! lol :)
over a year ago jennifer_02 said…
heart
they are my favourite couple by far they are not chessy at all like leyton i cannot see leyton lasting at all they are just an amazing couple to watch i honestly have no idea why loads of ppl like leyton i see no fun or appealing about leyton,brucas are the beat couple on OTH and they will always be. i dont find any leyton seens enjoyable at all they are really boring.if u become a brucas fan 99% of them will stay Bl fans. other BL fans will have different reasons why they love them but mine is because they are an amazing couple and i really enjoy watching them!!!
over a year ago ritergrl said…
I'm in NO WAY a BL fan, but I can see their appeal
-kick ass chemistry (in s3 atleast)
-passion (fighting, making up... it's all very good icon material)
-opposites attract (even though all the phsycologists say it's not true)
-big speeches & stuff (even though they're not always followed by actual actions)

Like I said... I'm an LP fan, but I respect that people prefer BL, but how they can still hope for endgame, I dunno xD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Broody_4_Cheery said…
i like to keep the chophia drama away from the brucas drama, in my mind theyre 2 diff couples, real life drama should not dictate what happens in the show. i fell in love with brucas, not chophia, if i fall out of love with brucas it will be because of brucas not chophia. but well thanks for the amazing chemistry.

why i find bl appealing-
eh, idk, there are many reasons. i ENJOY watching them, always have, still do. Its like when they have a scene i just love it, whether its sad, angsty, funny, sweet, ect, i just dont find them, boring, for me they are always entertaining. And i love their scenes, even the friends ones, because i think they play off each other well, like they make each other act better not only as people in the show but the performance in the scenes. so i naturally want more scenes.
i find bl appealing because imo they bring out the best in each other, guide each other, love each other and change each other, they balance each other, share the same hearts and dreams and could so far together. the possibilities of where these two could go are spread out before me and i find it exciting. so many questions to be answered still, so much potential, and i know its just potential but yeah just the idea i find exciting, so the actual reality would make me feel amazing, just like bl always have done for me. oh and it probably has to do with me being stubborn, and my fave times of oth is when its jeyton/naley/brucas, these are my 3 fave couples for this show, and i feel like anything else is settling, and yeah me being stibborn i dont' want to settle, im still hoping jake returns so i can get jeyton, so if im still hoping for that, having both halves of brucas actually on the show well lets just say my bl faith and love won't be dying anytime soon.

oh and probably it has to do with the fact i find nothing else as appealing as them, so i want the best and well being a strong brucaser and jeytoner they are the best to me, and until i see something that competes with bl and jp im not going to jump ship.

patience, waiting, hope and faith, sacrefice, these are the themes of my two fave couples. Jeyton have the promise of "someday", brucas have "believe in the possibilities even if life has given you every reason not to believe". so im holding out for someday and im choosing to believe even when im getting no reason to.

if any of that helps at all.
last edited over a year ago