One Tree Hill Question about season 5

tvfan5 posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 03:39AM
Okay, i've been meaning to ask someone this for a long time.

In 5.12, Lindsey realized that Peyton was the comet in which Lucas wrote about in his book. In the flashback during the ceremony we find out that she realized it by looking at Peyton's car. But i never understood why she waited all the way until she was on the alter with Lucas to say anything. I know it was supposed to be "OH I GET IT NOW" but how long can it take her to connect the name of Peyton's car, "COMET" to the comet in the book?? I guess it was supposed to be a sudden realization about the first time they met, but when she first saw the car, didn't she have suspicions? cuz when she is walking up the aisle she doesn't look worried or sad or anything. She never appeared daft or dull to me--SHE IS AN EDITOR, so how could it take her that long to connect the dots? It doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, they were trying to create drama, but i never understood it fully lol. If you have a better explanation than "it was good drama" or "it took her a while to realize that it was the first time Leyton met" than please let me know =) cuz it doesn't make sense that it would take her that long to figure out that the COMET on the car was the comet in Luke's story and the comet in his heart as well.

One Tree Hill 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
i think she knew when she saw the car what the comet in luke's book referred to....i don't think that it took her all the way to the altar to realize that the comet was a reference to peyton...i think it may have taken her all that time to make a decision about how she was going to handle what she realized when she saw the car...and to me she could have easily married him anyway, i think it must have been a lot harder to leave..
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago tvfan5 said…
yeah, that makes sense, but she made it seem like she just realized it, not her coming to terms with it..idk :S
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
idk maybe it was her getting up the nerve to actually say something about it....who knows really

all i can say is that she must have truly loved lucas to chose his happiness over hers...even if he didn't see it that way at the time
over a year ago tvfan5 said…
yep. and it must have been so hard for her not only to admit that, but to have Lucas keep trying to convince her and himself that he loves her even though they both knew the whole time.