Old School Nickelodeon "When you were a kid" short

SchattenmannCN posted on Sep 28, 2013 at 06:14PM
Looking for an old short that used to air in the 90s.
An old man is telling a young kid (I think a girl, and I think they're on a park bench) about when he was a kid.
He tells the story that his family owned a store when he was a kid, and in those days there was no toilet paper, and the fruit they sold came wrapped in tissue paper which was nice for toilet paper. But, some lady from the neighborhood always came and got the tissue paper and that annoyed the old man when he was a kid.
So, one day they get in a shipment of prickly pears, the fruit from cactus, and when this woman comes in as always to get the tissue paper, he has this prickly pear paper waiting on her, and she never comes and takes the tissue paper again.

Old School Nickelodeon 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago oldsoul84 said…
Omg I have been looking for that short for years! It crosses my mind so many times but I don’t even remember what show it was a part of! I’m glad somebody else remembered!!
over a year ago WesJay84 said…
It wasn’t apart of any show if I remember correctly. It was something that would air during commercial breaks. Nickelodeon was notorious for all kinds of bumpers and shorts & much more and I’m almost positive that was aired as far into 95 and before and maybe even in 96. Last few days I’ve been watching Nickelodeon commercials and etc from 95 and 94 and definitely came across some gold from my childhood but still haven’t found this Prickly pear story yet. Maybe you can join in and help and if you get lucky post here and I’ll do the same and hopefully OP is still around and sees this bc this story has stuck with me since the 90s and now want to share it with my little boy