NCIS Gibbs' watch

Gibbs4me posted on Apr 29, 2010 at 09:07PM
Ok - so who has the inside scoop on that orange-strapped watch that Jethro wears - I can only catch glimpses of it. Any ideas?

NCIS 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago eeknutz said…
Hi, should be an "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean" - compare here:

link

kinda pricy :-)
over a year ago Tattooedmunky said…
It's a great watch but does anyone else wonder how an NCIS agent making (at best) about $65k a year afford a $3k watch? Not to mention his $300 pocket knife, etc...
robearwgl commented…
those zt knives arent that expensive. over a year ago
robearwgl commented…
I stand corrected. they are that expensive. they just look cheap. over a year ago
over a year ago Ibafan said…
Thanks for the answer as to the watch Gibb's has been wearing. BTW according to current GS pay scales (Jan 2010), Gibb's makes around $126,000 a year (based on a GS 13/step 5 Senior Special Agent living in Wash, DC area, including an additional 25% of base+locality pay as Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime pay). Being that he is single, not paying alimony/child support, had his private vehicle given to him by his dad, and has been living in the same house for many years, he can easily afford the watch and the blade. DiNozzo and McGee make a little less as they are GS 12 Special Agents, with DiNozzo at least a step 5. Ziva David is the lowest paid being a new hire in Season 7. Most likely hired as a GS-7 but possibly a GS-9, so each year she would be one grade higher until she reaches the Special Agent full performance level of a GS-12.
over a year ago docninic said…
Gibbs is a marine. it's a Hamilton watch ;-)
over a year ago wrecKing8ball said…
Somebody show a picture of him wearing that watch cuz I'm inclined to think that even if Gibbs could afford a 3.5k watch, that he would still be a little more practical. $300 for a knife or a watch is not unreasonable since its a one-time purchase, which is why I'm more inclined to agree with docninic that its a Hamilton watch. Hamilton has several watches that look similar and I don't think any of them break the 1k mark.
over a year ago Truckman said…
As a creature of tradition (much like myself), Gibbs may have owned his Seamaster many years...I bought my own Omega Speedmaster (now valued at $3500.00) while stationed overseas for $95.00...It still keeps excellent time after 46 years...
over a year ago torontorod said…
I have identified 2 different Omega watches. The first is a Seamaster Planet Ocean 46mm or 42mm steel on steel with an orange bezel, a chronometer water resistant to 600m / 2,000ft retail price $5,900.00. The second is a Seamaster Ploprof 1200M steel on orange rubber (embossed "OMEGA" and "PLOPROF"), a chronometer water resistant to 1200m / 4,000ft, retail price $9,400.00. The first watch is visible in many episodes, but I have it in season 6, episode 17, South by Southwest at 26:37. Keep your eyes open for the second one.
over a year ago MD354 said…
S07E18 at about 5:25 kneeling on the beach is definitely an
Omega Seamaster Ploprof 1200. The orange bezel release button is visible at the 2:00 position. it has a white face and bezel as opposed to black on black as is typical for the propof with an orange band so it may have been a white model onto which an orange band was installed.

S07E18 at about 5:25 kneeling on the beach is definitely an 
Omega Seamaster Ploprof 1200.  The oran
Gibbsfan001 commented…
wrong image over a year ago
over a year ago AET1 said…
The watch is a Hamilton given to Gibb's father by
Gibb's mother on the day they were married.
Gibb's father then passed it down to his son Agent
Gibb's on the day Agent Gibb's was married.
Gibbsfan001 commented…
wrong watch, Gibbs have that watch to Timm when he married and engraved "Breathe, Tim" over a year ago