Morganville Vampires Ghost Town Ending *SPOILERS*

SkiPPy5543 posted on Nov 09, 2010 at 08:46PM
I just finished reading Ghost Town about half and hour ago, and the ending somewhat confuses me. I know that Frank Collin's brain was used for the town barriers, etc. But, on Claire's cellphone someone says "Goodbye." Who says that? Because Myrnin was talking to Claire on her phone, but it would only make sense for her to hang up when she goes through the portal, or before, because she can talk to him in person, but then Frank speaks after someone says "goodbye."
Like, was it Myrnin or Frank that said it?
And if it was Myrnin does that mean he is leaving, or dying or something?
I just dont understand it at all. And I don't want Myrnin to go!

Morganville Vampires 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Luv_Rob_4ever said…
NO NO!!! She was just remebering what frank said right before he died! He said good bye! and then through the cell phone in her pocket frank spoke telling her to not tell shane.

Direct words from book-

"The point is that the barriers are up," Myrnin said. "And we are safe. I did what I knew had
to be done. But you mustn't tell him."
"Tell who?" Claire couldn't decide whether she was furious or terrified. Probably both.
Myrnin didn't answer.
The voice came out of her cell phone speaker, slightly muffled by her pocket--an eerie,
disembodied voice that nevertheless was familiar.
The last thing she'd heard it say was Good-bye.
"He means Shane," said Frank Collins. The brain in the jar. "Don't tell Shane, Claire. This
is going to have to be our secret."