Miley Cyrus on VH1'S DIVAS

9stardust posted on Jul 24, 2009 at 01:42PM
After a four year absence, the cable music channel VH1 is trotting out it’s concert show, VH1 Divas. Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Adele have been announced as performers for this year’s event.

What do you think of these choices? I have to say, while I enjoy these artists, the Divas shows were legendary because they chose a diverse group of female musicians who’ve STOOD THE TEST OF TIME. None of these performers qualify. Three, four or even five years just isn’t the same as decades of hard work, being recognized by your peers continuously, and fighting the ups and downs of a fickle public and music business. I think it will be a fun concert, but nothing amazing. Too bad that they can’t come up with another way to get this group of gals together and not put them in the same category with Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Cher, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Cher, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner etc…
After a four year absence, the cable music channel VH1 is trotting out it’s concert show, VH1 Divas

Miley Cyrus No replies